Favourite Wins Over Celtic

Wallace_MFC

The 4-2 obviously, but I loved the Jamie Dolan in goals game and the late winner from Ian Ross. Had a laugh when some Celtic fans outside were swearing about being robbed.

Also enjoyed walking down the street and a guy walking past with a massive grin on his face saying "My dad always told me not to wear colours, especially when you beat the old firm, but how do you keep the grin off your face?"

Remember that game aswell Haggis, midweek at Fir park with Phil putting the ball through Marshalls legs. Phil was truly outstanding that night.

Agree with Milo, every victory against that lot is immense.

Pretty sure that was 2-1 to Motherwell and it was a league game. Still a win!

The 3-2 game when Pettigrew scored the winner, for a couple of reasons.

It was the first time I had seen us beat them.

I had taken my wee cousin, who was about 13 and an avid Celtic fan, along to the game. He was quite an excitable wee chap and as the match progressed his voice got higher and higher as Celtic scored and then doubled their tally. I believe we had lost 5-0 the season before and he was giving me the usual ribbing about that result at half time. When we scored he said 5-1 was just as big a doing, he was getting really excited especially as Celtic were taking a pounding and weren't really in the game, at 2-2 he was squealing like a wee piglet getting it's tail pulled and when Pettigrew made it 3-2 his voice was reaching heights some sopranos would give their eye teeth for, and then suddenly I was standing next to Arthur Mullard. The poor wee buggers voice broke at that match and every time I see him I remind him that it was Wullie Pettigrew who made a man out of him.

:thumbup: It's got to be the 1991 semi final replay against them.

Inthe first game we hit the underside of the bar and a stonewall penalty not given (surprise, surprise).

Plus I got lifted by the polis for telling my mate that was 2 chances we had that could have won the game.....2.

Arrested by strathclydes finest for giving them the vickies as they passed???. :wallbash:

The replay was a wet, wet wednesday night. You don't get a second chance against cellic we were told. :whistling:

Early goal for them, Dougie equalises, then they score again.

2 -1 down at half time. They were all over us.

Second half, Big Softy is playing brilliantly and almost scores with a header from a corner.

We need an equaliser, who can we turn to??? Up steps the hammer of the old firm, wee dooogie....2 - 2.

Throw in at the main stand side to Stevie Kirk, who flicks it inside to Psycho, he takes a stride forward, somebody shouts, "don't

hit it from there.......................................................GGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL.

I CAN STILL HEAR THE SOUND AS IT HIT THE BACK OF THE NET!!!!!

We all went mental, I think I fell 3 times but what a feeling we couldn't lose it now, could we?.

They are pushing forward, get a couple of corners the defence is under pressure but with a couple of minutes to go we get the ball in their penalty box they have the ball, wait a minute, young O'Donnell gets it plays it back to Kirk who chips it...................

........GGGGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL :woop: :woop: :woop: .

No way back for them now, We are in the final :thumbup: WHAT A GAME. :thumbup:

The game where Don Goodman scored the winner was an amazing game of football, 2-2 at half time and he scores to make it 3-2 after about 50 minutes. For a televised game shown on a cold, wet Sunday evening in November the place was rocking. Was definately a game to say "I was there".

What a game but I do enjoy every time we beat those c***s!!! Hopefully we can do this on Saturday!!!

One I haven't seen mentioned yet but myown personal favourite would be the opening day of the 90/91 season. Had everything. Luc Nijholt's first league game, Colin O'Neill's elbow, Kirk getting Dariusz Wdowczyk sent off, Billy McNeil and Tommy McLean fighting in the tunnel at half time and Bobby Russell's quality mazy goal are just some memories of that game...

:thumbup: It's got to be the 1991 semi final replay against them.

Inthe first game we hit the underside of the bar and a stonewall penalty not given (surprise, surprise).

Plus I got lifted by the polis for telling my mate that was 2 chances we had that could have won the game.....2.

Arrested by strathclydes finest for giving them the vickies as they passed???. :wallbash:

The replay was a wet, wet wednesday night. You don't get a second chance against cellic we were told. :whistling:

Early goal for them, Dougie equalises, then they score again.

2 -1 down at half time. They were all over us.

Second half, Big Softy is playing brilliantly and almost scores with a header from a corner.

We need an equaliser, who can we turn to??? Up steps the hammer of the old firm, wee dooogie....2 - 2.

Throw in at the main stand side to Stevie Kirk, who flicks it inside to Psycho, he takes a stride forward, somebody shouts, "don't

hit it from there.......................................................GGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL.

I CAN STILL HEAR THE SOUND AS IT HIT THE BACK OF THE NET!!!!!

We all went mental, I think I fell 3 times but what a feeling we couldn't lose it now, could we?.

They are pushing forward, get a couple of corners the defence is under pressure but with a couple of minutes to go we get the ball in their penalty box they have the ball, wait a minute, young O'Donnell gets it plays it back to Kirk who chips it...................

........GGGGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL :woop: :woop: :woop: .

No way back for them now, We are in the final :thumbup: WHAT A GAME. :thumbup:

That is pretty much how I remember it tooooooo but you missed the we want 5 chant to rub it in.

The 3-2 at Fir Park in 75 I think when we came from 2-0 down was the first time I saw us beat them so that holds special memories but the 91 semi because you don't get second chances, because we came from behind twice, because we had never been to a final in our lifetime, because I had to drive for 10 miles behind one of their buses with a scarf on the dashboard just that the semi that wee bit special.

Here's one for ya, probably not my favourite because my memory was vague. I remember more about the day than the game. It was an away game at paradise, my now departed grandad was visiting from London, rarely got to see him so it was special enough at that. I remember we almost went to the Hamilton game (how differently things could have been), I remember choosing Motherwell. Arrived in Glasgow and as soon as we parked we had a wean (similar to my age at the time) demanding we let him look after the car for a couple of quid when we got back to it. As a humble Lanark boy, that was my first taste of Glasgow (rather burst my country bumpkin bubble).

We were behind the goal in terracing. Me my dad and my grandad all together. Celtic were wearing that black strip with the green vertical lines. I'm not sure about the next bit but this is how I remember it. Uncle Phil had left the season before so obviously as a young boy experiencing players leave to go to a rival, I hated him (hate is a strong word). The game is a blur but as I remember it we won a penalty late on. Paul Lambert, who I met that year (still got the photo), stepped up. We won 1-0 and were relieved to drive home safely, if but a few quid lighter.

Top of my list would be Andy Lynch's own goal brace to help us to a 3 - 0 victory, and the back to back OF victories when McLair scored all the goals and we beat Celtic thanks, in part, to Bonner dropping the ball in front of him.