Raise A Glass To The Ones That Won't Be Here This Time Round

Steve Diggle

John"Jack"Williamson,a good guy&a good 'well fan passed away last year,far too young

He would have loved this game

Couldn't agree more Keg, no doubt he'll laugh his tits off wherever he is, when we beat the smellies tomorrow!! :drinks:

After '91, I was always thinking how lucky my Dad was to have seen the Dossers win their two Scottish cups. He was a staunch Well fan and he got laid to rest with his colours 8 years ago.

As well as watching over his family, I'm sure he'll be at every game the Well play, and Saturday will be no different, just wish he could have been standing next to me and Jamie, getting as wound up as he always did.

To each and every one of our Well friends and family who have passed on .................... look forward to knowing you'll be there with us tomorrow :notworthy::yahoo:

MON RA DOSSERS

You coming on the buses from FP tomorrow - big chum - if so we can raise a glass to Jock and my dad in the Cooper.

My grandad (Jim Frame) passed away this week. He was a big Motherwell fan, and took me and my brother to the '91 final.

When I found out he took a turn for the worst I managed to sort things with my work (who have been immense this week) to come back over from the states in the hope of getting to say goodbye. I got in on Tuesday and went straight to the hospital, and he was still hanging in there. He was totally made up that all (10) of his grandkids were there to see him, and finally passed away on Tueday night. One of the last things he said was a prediction of 2-0 to the 'well.

I was fortunate that someone in my family had a spare ticket for the game, but It's hard to gear up for it considering what has happened this week, and I'd gladly trade for watching a live stream at 9am if it meant he could still be here. However, it does bring a smile to my face that in his own way my papa has a 100% record of taking me to cup finals!

some emotional stories and true reminders to enjoy what we have in the now

the club also lost Betty Pryde amongst others

lets hope we can raise a glass in celebration of all those that helped make Motherwell FC what it is today

Great thread lads.

Will be remembering a friend to many and a true Dosser, Russell Fitzpatrick.

Also my brother-in-law Jim Harvey. Although a Celtic lad he was a football fan first & foremost and would've loved the slaughtering my family would've dished out this week.

For each and everyone of you missing someone tomorrow, I raise a glass. I'm away noo tae dry ma eyes.

Onwards

cheers.gif

Was going to mention Wellard but as I didn't know him peersonallt didn't feel I had the right. Only 'knew' him through these boards and a few PMs but he seemed a sound guy and a right good laugh. Always looked out for his name on a thread cos I knew a chuckle wouldn't be far away. Here's to him and all the others mentioned in this thread. Win ir lose, I am sure the fans won't let them down on Sat.

Was thinking about how he'd have enjoyed this on the way up the road today. Met him a few times, sound guy and missed at times. Him and Kylie used to provide the entertainment on here.

A lot of these stories bring a lump to the throat..

My mother passed away a few weeks after the CIS final in 05. She wasn't a regular attender in those days (back in the 60s/70s, she was, Goldthorpe being her favourite), but the CIS cup final seemed to give her a new taste for it as she attended the 3-2 defeat to Celtic a few weeks later. Although she was ill, she was determined to make the Celtic game on the last day. Sadly was not to be.

This will be my third cup final, but the first she won't be attending. My only regret about tomorrow...

Scan-1.jpg">This is the now famous Conga in the Orb Bar Bellshill after the last cup win.Sadly the second lad in line Matt Rae and fourth in line Tommy Dixon were both killed in tragic circumstances.Tommorow night I am sure they will be starting their own Conga somewhere and all mentioned on here will be joining in.

Can't let a thread like this go by without mentioning my dear Ol' Dad, who without his influence the "Fergiecrew" wouldn't be what they are today, and a dear friend Rab McLaren, who made the bus trip to Katowice almost a pleasure. I'll have a tear in my eye just before kick off thinking about them roaring our favourites on from above !!!!

I'm in no way religious but like to feel that they will all be with us in some way tomorrow, we'll raise a glass to them no matter what happens. My Dad died in 2004 and I used to love going to the home games with him and my brother in all weathers, he would have loved being there tomorrow, miss him and think of him every day.

Cheers Dad.

This,without a doubt has to be one of the most emotionally charged threads i have ever seen on this or any other forum and goes to show the difference between us and the old firm,we get to the scottish cup final on average once in a generation and when we are excited,exhilarated about being there,our first thoughts are for the loved ones we have lost since the last one,they on the other hand take getting to finals as a god given right,something to shove in the faces of the other half of the bigot brothers,i really hope tomorrow the Motherwell players on that pitch put in a performance that not only has Hampden rocking but heaven too.

• Like 1

My dad took me to my first game in 1960. I took him to his last game in 1991. I managed to blag a stand seat for him as he could not have stood for 90 or as it turned out 120 minutes. I left him at the main stand and my daughter and I went to the family section. I will never forget meeting him behind the main stand after the game. He was waving his walking stick in the air and gave his grand daughter the biggest hug ever.

Sadly he passed on a couple of years later.

What a thread I have been in tears reading them. If the players read this thread they will surely bust a gut tomorrow and can be in no doubt what it means to the fans.

My cousin Mark, was taken far too soon at the age of 31 in 2005. All the Motherwell contigent of my family will be at the game tomorrow, gutted he won't be there to share it with us but I'm sure he'll be smiling down!

I'll never forget the look of shock on my Grand-dad's face when Ian Angus scored, he never believed that we had a chance that day. Papa only died last year, held on long enough to see my daughter for the first time and passed away three weeks later. I miss him every day and this thread is really making me 'well up inside.

My dad was a massive 'Well fan. He supported motherwell for all of his 57 years, went to every home, away and European tie in recent years. Sadly he passed away on the 21st of January of this year after a short fight with cancer. Today will be a very difficult day for myself, and my family, and I'm sure my old man will be watching the well from above.

I'm spreading his ashes on the pitch prior to the game, and would give anything to have him standing next to me in the stand.

Everyone, make the most of today, especially if you are with loved ones.. as you never know what the future may hold

All the best for today.

Thinking of you Dad, aka wellworn