Who Will We Be Losing In The Summer?

AlmostFrazzled

By the time the transfer window closes at the end of August I don't expect Randolph, Craigan, Jennings, Sutton, Jeffers, Jones, Gunning, and, Casagolda to be at the club. Obviously (and thankfully in one or two cases) a few of them are gone now. Bit of a rebuild for McCall and in my opinion only now can he be truly judged as Motherwell manager.

As in being sold or 'bought out' a la Fraser? Not convinced Murphy or Humphrey will move on now. Maybe in January if they have a good start to the season. Not sure what the position is with Page and Forbes but they must feel a wee bit uneasy especially the former. Page has never really been given a chance. McHugh needs to step up next season as well. Forgot Mauruce Ross. To not even get a place on the bench speaks volumes for me. Think he will be away now as well.

Heard s rumour today we are intetested in Peter MacDonald. Hope not.

Sutton was probably saying goodbye after the final today then Ross, Jones, Gunning and Casagolda will leave for definite.

I think Craigan and Jeffers might get one year deals then Randolph and Humphrey will leave if the price is right.

Everyone who was interested in Humphrey probably won't be any more - he hasn't been great for a while. I don't think he would go anyway.

Murphy could go, Sutton could go, Randolph could go. I don't think they will though - I think they will stay because there are some things more important than money. I'm hoping that's the case anyway!

Sorry I forgot Hutchy - but I reckon he'll be the same. Only one that is shaky is Randolph I reckon. Sutton as well but as long as his agent doesn't push him too much I think he'll stick around. Hutchy and Murphy are going to become part of the furniture I reckon like Hammell.

We get this 'everyone is leaving' thing every close season.

Sutton and Jennings will probably go.

Gunning, Jeffers, Ross and Jones can all go and I won't lose much sleep over any of them, some of them have done no bad but not one of them is a stick on first 11 player. Anyway I doubt all four will leave.

Murphy, Randolph and Humphrey might attract bids but again I don't see all three leaving.

I'm pretty sure big Crags will stay for another season.

Basically it won't be any different from any other close season with 5 or 6 out and in.

The spine of the team will be much the same unless someone comes in with cash bids.

It's all in the mix just now isn't it? Very hard to predict how it'll all go.

There's not just on the park to consider. Whilst the club have made positive noises about the post-Boyle era, but without having gone into any detail it seems that we are heading a bit into unchartered waters with the ownership and direction of the club. There's also the continued uncertainty about league reconstruction.

I'm pretty sure that even though we've had some unexpected additional finance generated by the Cup run, that if bids of a certain amount came in, then the club would happily that extra money to help cushion themselves for any tougher times that might be lurking around the corner.

So I think more of the squad remain vulnerable for moving on, than simply those that have come to the end of their contracts.

Which, without ofcourse knowing who and how many McCall might have lined up, is a wee bit of a worry.

I would be disappointed to see any of Jones, Jeffers or Ross still at FP. While they have all offered flashes of good play you can't depend on any of these guys week in week out.

I assume Gunning will return to Blackburn. Two belting performances from him against Celtic and Dundee United where he looked like the perfect foil for Hutchy. Good centre half in the making but there is something not quite right with his attitude.

I will be sad to see Jennings and Sutton go, two tremendous servants to the club but it would appear they have a desire to move on. Shame they didn't get the opportunity to shine in the final. As for Craigan, I've never really be a fan. Rather fitting imo if his performance yesterday turns out to be his final game where we saw the best and worst of him.

Interesting times ahead. I just hope McCall can fulfill the original criteria of the managerial vacancy and bring in some fresh young talent that will generate transfer fees in the years to come.

Casagolda, Jeffers, Ross and Jones, if they left, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Personally, I thought Gunning was our best player today.

Hop Jennings and Sutton sign new contracts but tbh I can't really see Jennings staying but I think Sutton might.

Also I think Humphrey and Murphy will stay until January at least but possibly Randolph could be away.

Whatever happens, McCall has A LOT of rebuilding to do next season and try for another great season next year.

In almost all the posts Hutchison is missing as a potential leaver. He was about to get a under 21 cap for England before his injuries. I think he will be on the radar of a few clubs down south.

I reckon Sutton and Jennings will leave, especially as there is no European football to look forward to.

Any of the following could be bought over the summer:

Randolph, Hutchison, Humphrey and Murphy.

Gunning back to Blackburn and Casagolda, Ross, Jeffers all to leave? I would be happy to give Ross and possibly Jeffers a 1 year extension.

All in all you could be looking at 2/3rds of the current 1st team away. Perhaps we could pay Gannon a consultancy fee........

McCall's short-term signings have all done a decent job and contributed something to a greater or lesser extent but I'd be surprised if he kept any if them in. Perhaps he'd consider a year or two deal for Jones as a cheap option squad player but, longer term, I have a feeling McCall has other irons in the fire for us.

If sutton goes which I think he will down to england would like to think we can keep murphy on the premise that he will be up front which I think is by far his best position.

Craigen off to the BBC is a good bet to. Means we have to keep hutch. Hollis I thought was quite good in the celtic game so think the club would want to generate money for Randolph particularly as he is getting national call ups.

humphrey will go down to england to play.

Jones - is someone really going to look to take him on. He may want to stay depending on how he has settled particularly if Murphy won't be challenging for his place on the left.

Ross will go - page to show us what he can do or hately. If jennings does go though we will need hately in midfield.

As other posters have suggested I can see quite a different squad next year.

With boyle away what money will there be to get in new players? Now is the time for pollock carswell forbes mchugh to step up and show us what they can do.

Agree with these posts. Im not against players moving on we need some new players now for next season and lets not kid ourselves we've been crap for weeks now although have to say it's still been a great season for us but we need a fresh influx of players and NOT StJohnstone or Hibs rejects. <_>

Who knows what will happen? Randolph is an international goal keeper with 2 years left on his contract so if he has to be sold I would be looking for at least £850,000 plus add ons. Humphrey could command between £350,000 and £500,000 depending on how many clubs are actually interested. Selling two players could give us a good start to independance. We need some spare cash in the bank just incase we need a new pitch again. Should be ok for that this year though. Shouldn't have to spend a penny on it this summer.

Clubs like Dundee utd, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock are in a fare amount of debt so we should be looking at over taking them in terms of attracting players.

I honestly think that there will be a few younger players that will be let go this summer so they can progress their careers away from Fir Park.

I think the break from europe might do us some good this year. More time for the board and manager to build for next season.

I would be tempted to keep maurice ross for another year but the likes of casagodlike and the fox in the box I wouldn't bother with.

We need to balance the books and have a successful team on the park at the same time. Not going to be easy but when has a club like ours ever had it easy.

I would be tempted to keep maurice ross for another year but the likes of casagodlike and the fox in the box I wouldn't bother with.

Don't see much point in keeping Ross. He's not impressed me enough to favour him over Saunders or Hateley at right back and I have a feeling McCall would like to bring Gunning back although I don't rate him as highly as the manager.

Jeffers did OK in spells but I'd like to think we could bring someone in on his wages who is fit to play 90 minutes and will get us more than 2 goals over half a season.

i can see jennings signing on for another year but i think sutton is offski.jones and ross imo havent done enough to be kept on i agree with ya beezer about jeffers hes been decent but i dont think we can afford to waste a wage on somebody that isnt able to last 90 mins maybe if he gets a hard pre season behind him that would improve his fitness.atleast we have some of our most sellable assests under contract so if we do sell then we should get a decent price.it could be a busy summer so itll be interesting to see what players mccall will bring to the club the only certainty is that casagolda will be gone