Who Will We Be Losing In The Summer?

AlmostFrazzled

Ross and Jeffers I would let go, both were good as stop-gap signings but they should stay exactly like that. I'd be tempted to keep Jones on if he was a year or two younger. The other players, out of contract, I'd be surprised to keep. You'd think Craigan especially would have agreed a deal by now if he was staying. With Jennings and Sutton I think there is a slightly possibility they will stay, I'd think they would be seeing what was on offer elsewhere before commiting. Hollis and Casagolda are easily replaceable.

As for selling players, I don't think Murphy is quite ready for the step up yet and would really benefit from another season at Motherwell and I don't think teams will offer anything unrefusable. Humphrey I'm not sure about, again the fee is a major factor. Randolph I can see going, he's been good enough to command a transfer fee from a Championship Club at least and one we won't turn down.

It will be a big season for the likes of Forbes, Page and McHugh. All will need to start contributing as fringe players above the age of 21 are a rarity at Motherwell. McHugh I feel sorry for, he never seems to get on for long enough to make an impression. As for Page, I'm assuming McCall is seeing the bigger picture- if he thought Page was good enough for the first team, I doubt he would have brought Mo Ross in. That leaves Gunning, I'm undecided on him, he can be brilliant and frustrating in equal measures and I doubt Blackburn would loan him to us in consecutive seasons.

I suspect all those out of contract will go for varying reasons - Will only be sorry to lose Jennings.

I think we should find a backroom role for Craigan (a replacement for Kenny Black?)

Suggest we pursue Nish from Hibs (better in the air and more mobile than Sutton) ; Bring back McLean from Falkirk (he made a silly decision to leave us & and push the boat out for McDonald from Burnley. The squad will be supplemented by Halsham & Lawless coming back- Ross & McHugh need a sustained spell in the team to see if they have got it - Carswell and Smith seem good prospects so lets give them a go.

Lets only bring in players we can move on - there should be no place for the Jones who are no better than what we have and only hinder the progress of the younger players.

Remember if Administration had not cleared out the older players the likes of McFadden, Clarkson and Pearson would not have come through.

Colin Nish?

Holy Utter Fuck

Rhyming slang if ever I saw it.

I don't think theres enough ways of saying how much I agree with you. Mother of God am I glad that some of the folk on here aren't our manager.

I suspect all those out of contract will go for varying reasons - Will only be sorry to lose Jennings.

I think we should find a backroom role for Craigan (a replacement for Kenny Black?)

Suggest we pursue Nish from Hibs (better in the air and more mobile than Sutton) ; Bring back McLean from Falkirk (he made a silly decision to leave us & and push the boat out for McDonald from Burnley. The squad will be supplemented by Halsham & Lawless coming back- Ross & McHugh need a sustained spell in the team to see if they have got it - Carswell and Smith seem good prospects so lets give them a go.

Lets only bring in players we can move on - there should be no place for the Jones who are no better than what we have and only hinder the progress of the younger players.

Remember if Administration had not cleared out the older players the likes of McFadden, Clarkson and Pearson would not have come through.

Yes give the youngsters a chance but the year we had to give them a chance we should have been relegated but Falkirk didn't have a stadium that met SPL standard so we stayed up.

We need a balance of experience and youth, which we have at the moment and that was also Tommy Mcleans thinking.

Players like McFadden, Clarkson and the like will come through no matter what because they have talent.

I think bringing players in like Jones doesn't always work in a match but having these guys around the club giving advise and their experiance to the younger players could actually help the Murphys and the Hutchinsons at the club.

We need to get the blend right and I am sure Mr McCall has a fair idea what he is up to. Well lets hope so.

I would love to see us sending the younger players to clubs like Nancy or Odense rather than Dumbarton and Linlithgow Rose. If they would take them in an exchange scheme.

• Like 1

Yes give the youngsters a chance but the year we had to give them a chance we should have been relegated but Falkirk didn't have a stadium that met SPL standard so we stayed up.

We need a balance of experience and youth, which we have at the moment and that was also Tommy Mcleans thinking.

Players like McFadden, Clarkson and the like will come through no matter what because they have talent.

I think bringing players in like Jones doesn't always work in a match but having these guys around the club giving advise and their experiance to the younger players could actually help the Murphys and the Hutchinsons at the club.

I suppose each player has to be taken on his own merits but I agree with the principle. McLean was a master at squeezing an extra couple of years out of an experienced player to Motherwell's benefit. The obvious one people will recall is Davie Cooper, whose promptings brought Tom Boyd on a ton. But there were plenty more beyond that like Tom McAdam, Craig Paterson and George Burley who aided Chris McCart for example.

We also had that experience and desire already at the club with the selfless John Philliben who when you look back was shafted on a couple of occasions like being left out for three or four months once, fighting his way back and then being left out of the Cup Final team, yet he remained with the club and anyone who had the chance to watch the reserves would have seen how the youngsters benefited from his tutoring during games.

With the squad having many experienced guys in the mould of Softy this will be an important area where McCall will need to earn his money knowing where that tipping point is where someone reaching the end of their career has started to stunt rather than aid the development of the next in line.

Remember we signed Nicky Devlin a young full-back from Dumbarton amd their best player, in January and he'll join the squad this summer. If rumours that we've offered Sutton £2K a week and Hearts have offered £6K are tru, I'd be surprised if he, or anyone else, would be able to resist.

Broon's been trying to tap Jennings for the Mutton Molesters but their finances can't be that good as they're letting valuable players - Diamon, Aluko, McGuire - go and they'll need to have money for their new stadium that's being built. I, also,heard a rumour that Broon wants Craigan to fill void left by Diamond leaving.

Foster will not be remaining at Celtic as Alan Pardew wants him back and I think this may be a destination for Randolph: he fits the bill having had a great season and been called up by Republic of Ireland. Hollis seems to have potential to step up to first team, so a wee cash injection for Randolph may be a useful boost to club revenue.

If Gunning goes back to Blackburn, I wouldn't be all that disappointed. He's too inconsistent - even over the course of 90 minutes - and too one-footed for my liking. Plus with Devlin coming in and Hutchison, Page, Saunders and Hammell we'll be amply covered with first picks and could keep Ross for cover.

If Sutton heads for Swinecastle, I'd keep Jeffers as he could help bring Murphy on to the next level and he'd be a good foil for Surtton's replacement. Casagolda and go, now and I don't think Steve Jones offers anything that we don't already have.

I was disappointedthat we didn't try for John Rankin when Hibs let him go. I think he'll do well at Dundee Utd.

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic abut next season's squad - even if we end up losing 5 or 6 players. Finances are tight in all of the Scottish and English leagues, including the EPL, and there will be a surplus of players looking for clubs. I'm confident that McCall will, already, have names pencilled in to put his own stamp on the squad. In addition, our performances over this and the previous two seasons will have ensured that we're viewed positively by young players looking to establish themsleves and by older pros seeking a final hurrah.

I'm hoping we let Forbes move on. Hopefully Accies or someone will fancy him. As far as I'm concerned, he's a total wage drain. Low wages, yes, but contributes very little for them.

I wouldn't disagree with loaning him out, to give him a chance, however.

yer not allowed that opinion on here.

Ross Forbes Is Gheorghe Hagi

Foster will not be remaining at Celtic as Alan Pardew wants him back and I think this may be a destination for Randolph: he fits the bill having had a great season and been called up by Republic of Ireland. Hollis seems to have potential to step up to first team, so a wee cash injection for Randolph may be a useful boost to club revenue.

I reckon this could be the biggest blow to our side. Randolph's clean sheet record speaks volumes about what he's done for Motherwell. Also, I don't think he feels as much of an allegiance to the club as the likes of Hutchy. Sutton, Murphy. So considering how good he is, and his ROI status, I think he is a good shout for Celtic, which will be a great loss. Hollis is great, but he's no Randolph! Not saying he will never be right enough. My Jambo mate reckons Kello is more likely to get the hoops job....

Certainly never put up many obhjections at the Sponsor's Night when McCall stated the big man was looking for his move to Celtic :evilgrin:

In all seriousness though it could happen. If the money is right. I for one have been convinced for a good wee while that he won't be here next year based solely on the fact he is way too good not to have been noticed by managers in the Championship. Another player I'd love to go down South at the expense of another move in Scotland.

So what did the annoying 'Carpet Burns' eventually 'exclusively' reveal?

Does this tease me tease me Chase me Chase me pish actually sell any papers?

From what I can gather (no it didn't get me to buy his pishy [a[er either) he has looked at who is out of contract and assumed they won't be staying , has also deduced that since some guys have been offered new deals he will hedge his bets on them.

Tabloid Hack at best

:wank: