Hibees V Dossers

Yir Elder

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fantastic performance from the team today. Not a failure and a great team performance. Hibs were so lucky at times with deflections galore to save them at the last gasp. We played so much football it was breathtaking at times but our luck was out in front of goal until Clarky blasted that pen.

Its a good time to follow the Well again.

Big Suts is not as sharp as he might be but there were flashes of a good understanding with Clarky, so here's hoping it will develop as he gets match sharp again.

It really makes you wonder how on Earth we could've been so bad to be ransacked by them at Fir Park earlier in the season, don't it?

Our goal scorer today was missing.... Not to mention Craigan not being there. I don't believe it is coincidence that those two have featured in every game since Inverness, and we have not lost yet!

Can anyone tell me why Jones merited the sponsor MOM ????

Well they have to give it to a Hibs player, and no one else merited it on the day, considering we outplayed them in EVERY department.

And well without Jones there, I suppose we would have scored earlier, I suppose it is testiment to our performance that a defender was their best player.

And well without Jones there, I suppose we would have scored earlier, I suppose it is testiment to our performance that a defender was their best player.

100% spot on, easily a 3 or 4-1 for us without Rob Jones in that Hibs team, God help them if he does leave.

A very heartening performance today, as dominant as last week without quite as many clear chances, but a positive showing nonetheless. Really hungry all over the park and in the second half it was as one-sided a game as you'll see.

Aleast that keeps our run going, six undefeated now, but the three draws we've had in that run should all have been three pointers. What a position we'd be in with those extra points.

Never mind, onwards and upwards. A win over Accies in the next SPL fixture will push us clear of a few teams and hopefully above this dreadful Hibs team.

Just back from the game. I think it would be fair to say we played them off the park and would've been a travesty if we had left with nothing. Every player on the park contributed a lot and I thought Clarkson was immense. The final ball let us down on a few occassions, but some bad luck or a lucky deflection denied us aswell and it looked like it would be one of those days.

Hard to say whether Sutton will fill Porters boots, will need to give him a few games to find his feet.

Looked like quite a bad miss from Murphy when Clarky cut it back.

I thought McCurry had a shocker (when does he not?) Missed, or ignored late tackles on Klimpl, Clarkson and O'Brien and seemed quite content to let Jones barge Murphy and anyone else who tried to run by him to the ground without any attempt to play the ball.

The pitch was a shocker aswell.

I wouldn't say it was 2 points dropped but we definately should've won, and add that to last week, we should be several points better off in the league.

On the point that it was the same team that tore us a new one at FP - the two players who did the damage that day were Fletcher and Shiels - neither were playing today.

On us. I think our lack of a final ball will strangle us. For all the possession we had today Murphy had one great chance, Quinn forced a save from Szamultolski and the penalty we had little else in the way of clear cut chances.

On the referee I thought he was great. I know he got a hard time for some possible fouls he could have given us but there were equally some the other way that he could have given. He was sensible with his cards and tried to let the game move and although it was physical it was a fair game. I thought he controlled it excellently. Shame he is an arsehole!

On the penalty, Murphy looked yards offside when the ball was played to him but after the linesman never saw it he had to give the penalty.

On our star players todat - Clarkson, Hammell (in a real good run of form just now) and Klimpl were immense, Reynolds and Hughes superb in 2nd half and O'Brien was steady. Sutton did well too considering he hasn't kicked a ball in weeks. Pleasing display.

Can anyone tell me why Jones merited the sponsor MOM ????

But anyhoo, we played some good stuff on a pitch that they especially thon Mixu thingymabob, complain bitterly about! :P

Think Jones was the difference between a draw and a Hibs loss today. Cut out lots of threatening through balls.

Anyone else fancy adding their thoughts to this......

Sultana TV Ratings

Absolute nonsense. For example, Riordan 7.5? He scored in the first half and did very little else the rest of the game! Was a lone striker who the ball was lobbed to from defence to try and counter but he did absolutely nothing.

Anyhoo, thought we deserved more from the game. Need to be more decisive in attack and occassionally shoot from outside the box!!

Obviously didn't see the game today, so I'd be interested in the thoughts of those that were there.

I have read a few comments about lack of cutting edge, final pass etc. What's the feeling on that? Is it a case of of over-elaboration in the midfield or poor execution? Or are the strikers not getting into space often enough?

Was at the match yesterday and have to agree with most of whats being said. Hibs nicked an early goal and basically shut up shop. Considering how many fans they had there, only one end of the ground was making any noise.

Hibs look a shadow of recent times when they had guys like Thompson, Brown et al and there negative tactics at home against a "smaller team" must have been so embarassing for their support. Can't see big Mixu lasting much longer and if Jones goes they are royally fucked cos he kept it a contest yesterday.

As for us, I can't be unhappy with a point after being a goal down but on another day with a bit more composure and a better pitch we could've had a barrow load. Special mentions for Quinn, Klimpl and Clarky who were a class above. Well taken penalty from Clarky although he sometimes looked like he was trying to do to much. Quinn got forward brilliantly second half and Klimpl is a fucking machine! He just doesn't give up and he has the ability to knock it about when the chance arises. Get him signed up now!!!!!

Overall, if offered 1-1 before the game I'd probably have taken it but on reflection it's probably 2 points dropped which says a lot for how we've improved this season. Where did a put my passport?? :P

I think my favourite is:

"First Finnair flight back to HEL, Mixu..soon as you like.

We'll send your bags on. "

or

"Personally think we should horse Mixu oot the door and steal Lazlo from Hearts. Certainly not Yogi, but we are a new coach away from being a decent team......."

:P oh dear!

Quite chuffed with a point to be honest. After the way we played in the first half we came out the much better side in the second and shouda won the game about 6-1.

Think Clarkson should lead the front line if we don't get another striker in before tomorrow night. If teale signs aswell i'd happily have him on the right and O'Brien on the left. Imagine the nightmares we'd cause for defenders like Wilkie, Jones etc with their pace.

Thought Sutton and Hughes were pretty poor yesterday but Fitzy had a another good game before being hooked off. Can't beleive Murphy missed that sitter. Was a real oppurtunity for the guy but sadly he failed to take it.

Great support there yesterday but it was sadly doom and gloom with the Hibees with no much atmosphere at all.

Regardless of your opinion of him, Boabs goading of the Hibs fans simply by looking at them in the warm up was superb! The more he looked at them, and the more they repsonded, the wider his smile got! Fantastic!

Craigans attempt at a volley must be up there. One of the worst shots i have ever seen couldn't stop laughing :lol: . Brilliant performance yesterday couldn't pick a fault in the team yesterday a part from losing a sloppy goal and not punishing a very average Hibs team

Yesterday was as good as i've possibly ever seen us playing at Easter road.Would have taken a point before the game and dissappointed we didn't take all three but i really enjoyed the game,great entertainment,good backing from the Well fans and all in all a great day out.

Mon the Well! :lol:

Craigans attempt at a volley must be up there. One of the worst shots i have ever seen couldn't stop laughing :blink: . Brilliant performance yesterday couldn't pick a fault in the team yesterday a part from losing a sloppy goal and not punishing a very average Hibs team

Amusingly we were having a conversation at HT as to the last time Craigan scored for us. That effort sort of showed why we couldn't remember. However I think it was a last minute leveller v Hibs and I think O'Donnell scored the first. Could be wrong. Other thing I was wondering - were there any players for us on the pitch at the start yesterday who had taken a penalty during a 90 minutes for us? I know Murphy hit one at Easter Road last season but apart from that I was thinking probably not. Someone wondered about Hammell?