Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Typo with the date there Underboyle?

Before my time but I've always read that the "new" Main Stand only came about after sales of players in the early sixties?

I’m not sure Andy, I only know that we stopped wearing rugby style shirts in season 1958-59. Unless this was a one off outing for an old top? We wore the classic crew neck hooped top from season 1960-61 through to season 1968-69. There was only a brief interlude in season 1959-60 when we used a V neck hooped shirt.

The picture below is us wearing our shiny new kit in August 1960.

hsvq8k.jpg

Another mystery waiting to be solved!

Main stand reconstruction started in 1961 after the sale of Ian St. John.

It's pretty difficult to make out the collar on shirts from that pic.

Looking here. It seems to me that it must be the1963-66 kit. That post 1961 with Plain white shorts and dark socks.

Main stand reconstruction started in 1961 after the sale of Ian St. John.

It's pretty difficult to make out the collar on shirts from that pic.

Looking here. It seems to me that it must be the1963-66 kit. That post 1961 with Plain white shorts and dark socks.

As you say it is difficult to make out the shape of collar. It looks like Joe McBride in the picture, so it must be around 62-63. Mystery solved. I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Any of the older members recognise anyone in this pic?b88m00.jpg

Thats Davie Watt right above the H in Hay, and it looks like a very young Dougie Whitelaw to his left. Directly above them in the white T-shirt is Kenny Hamilton and to his right is Dougie Sommerville. At the backin the middle are the German Branch MFC Supporters !!!!.

several other recognisable faces there but the names have gone in the 30yrs since. Definately Tynecastle, and I'm guessing the 1-0 end of season game that kept them in Div-1, followed by my scariest ever moment at a football match.

I'm not sure Andy, I only know that we stopped wearing rugby style shirts in season 1958-59. Unless this was a one off outing for an old top? We wore the classic crew neck hooped top from season 1960-61 through to season 1968-69. There was only a brief interlude in season 1959-60 when we used a V neck hooped shirt.

The picture below is us wearing our shiny new kit in August 1960.

hsvq8k.jpg

Another mystery waiting to be solved!

Willi Hunter - 2nd from right.

Typo with the date there Underboyle?

Before my time but I've always read that the "new" Main Stand only came about after sales of players in the early sixties?

Indeed, the sale of St John and Pat Quinn funded the building of the new stand ................... albeitnot a very popular move amongst the Well support at the time.

• 1 month later...

Any of the older members recognise anyone in this pic?b88m00.jpg

Must be the early equivalent of the Bois then? :nod:

Am in that pic wi' Matt C, the guy who caused my Matt J moniker to be invented cos our mates were fed up wi' both of us replying whenever someone shouted our name. Sadly he wis a Shellic fan who couldn't be converted, mainly due to picking glass out his hair all the way home after the game. "That disnae happen wi' ra Shellic" he moaned

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...