Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

Probably more down to the fact I'm a sore arse but I never found McCormick's cartoons that great. Not so much the cartoons, clearly there's a bit of skill involved there but I never found his quips particularly amusing. A non-Old Firm fan given licence to occasionally poke fun at the Old Firm should really be a win-win but they never did much for me.

But you're right though when it came to cartoons for any Scottish fitba publications he pretty much cornered that market for a good couple of decades.

Probably more down to the fact I'm a sore arse but I never found McCormick's cartoons that great. Not so much the cartoons, clearly there's a bit of skill involved there but I never found his quips particularly amusing. A non-Old Firm fan given licence to occasionally poke fun at the Old Firm should really be a win-win but they never did much for me.

But you're right though when it came to cartoons for any Scottish fitba publications he pretty much cornered that market for a good couple of decades.

Like yourself Andy I never found Malky’s cartoons particularly funny. However, through my job I had to commissioned a few cartoons from him. On one occasion he was running so late, that he had to draw the cartoon in the back of the cab on the way to our office.

Laterly his personal life took over his cartooning. His son was badly brain damaged in an unprovoked attack outside a Kilmarnock night club. Shortly after this incident Malky plead guilty in court to punching his wife, and it soon became clear that his mental state was not good. The last I heard he was still causing mayhem (and not in a good way) in and around Ayrshire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...