Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

On 4/21/2018 at 12:03 PM, Clackscat said:

Very poignant reading that, met him once behind the scenes and he was more than happy to get a pic with my son. Real gent and under rated player. RIP

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Jamie’s European 1994-95 matchworn shirt is available from Shirts of Excellence

1326069257_original_1.jpg&w=600&h=600

On 13/04/2018 at 1:34 PM, underboyleheating said:

Unusual away kit with the Admiral logo on the sleeve. I’ve been to a few Isle of Man tournaments, however, none featuring Motherwell. Anyone go to this 1990 tournament?
DXDplf8W4AAo65P.jpgDXDplMaX0AAyU63.jpg

Yip, I was at this tournament. 

On 4/13/2018 at 1:34 PM, underboyleheating said:

Unusual away kit with the Admiral logo on the sleeve. I’ve been to a few Isle of Man tournaments, however, none featuring Motherwell. Anyone go to this 1990 tournament?
DXDplf8W4AAo65P.jpgDXDplMaX0AAyU63.jpg

It's interesting to see that away kit. From what you can see it does look like the away kit we had for 90'91 and 91'92 but with a different style collar.

I don't know if there was a late change of mind in relation to the final signing off of the kits for 1990'91, although given what transpired the following summer I suspect it's more likely to have been that Admiral simply didn't have things ready in time but at one time or another there was a photo kicking about of Luc Nijholt, presumably after he signed, in a home kit for that season that also had a different style collar. That was a sold claret round neck collar with a wee cross over thing. 

It may have been an Admiral thing, although Hearts collar from the same season is different, but both Motherwell and Rangers ended up with that wee wee zig-zagy style v neck collar.   

Luc Nijholt played as a ringer in that tournament, played under the name of one of our youngsters presumably so we could get a good look at him. I recall it being mentioned before about the kits being slightly changed on the collars from the ones used in this tournament. I'll have to try digging up my pics, I took one of Davie Cooper who stopped and posed for me during a game. 

• Like 2