Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

30 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Jee whizz telling a player he is not up to the standard required, dropping him and putting him on the transfer list.......that would be called bullying nowadays!!

And what about the photo caption?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Different times. To caption the picture of the player in question as ‘loser’ seems shocking now. And for a manager to tell a player that he is solely to blame for a teams plight would have the players union rep at your door quicker than you could say Palo Di Canio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Correct the caption is wrong and it is indeed Willie. He was a fine player.

Agreed. I hope I'm wrong but a neighbour in the POD told me he is suffering from a form of dementia now.

Your other photo with Henry Hall  brought back memories of a fine SJ side with John  Connolly on the wing.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Now and again I like to set you a challenge. :D

Here is another one for you, name the away team at a packed Fir Park...

43059037_753346081673959_303745863474636

Pure evil, soanyurr!

The guy with the Gregor Fisher comb-over is Willie Rankin. The legend in the old striped shirt may be Willie Telfer and The Third Man may be a very young and innocent-looking Ben Ellis but I await correction.

The opposition?  J Swinburne's  1985 History of The Steelmen has this photo on pp. 19  but unfortunately doesn't say who our opponents were. I'm struggling and suspect it's their change strip.  Not convinced it's St Mirren either 'cos the tone of the stripes isn't the same as the shorts.

Do tell and permit restful sleep tonight.....

• 2 weeks later...