Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

I think, although I'm not absolutely sure, that this photo was taken at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup 3rd round replay 1st March 1961 when we gubbed Rangers 5-2.

The 'Well players are Ian St.John and Pat Quinn. The Rangers 'keeper is George Niven and the Rangers defender is Harold Davis. 

Rangers: Niven, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Stevenson, Scott, McMillan, Murray, Brand, Wilson.

Motherwell: Weir, Delaney, McSeveney, Aitken, Martis, McCann, Hunter, Quinn, St John, McPhee, Roberts.

Scoring Sequence:
McPhee (10) 0-1,
Wilson (16) 1-1,
McMillan (29) 2-1,
Delaney (41) 2-2,
Roberts (53) 2-3,
St John (68 ) 2-4,
Roberts (89) 2-5.

Rangers 2 V Motherwell 5 Ibrox SC Replay 1961.jpg

48 minutes ago, numpty said:

Had forgotten this year's away top was an homage to that one. Makes you wonder why we have the amber on top this year, though...

I posted a very similar mock up long before the shirt was released on here and Twitter. Who knows, maybe they were influenced by it and didn’t bother to check the original 60s top?

My mocked up design was basically a old Macron Club Brugge shirt that I quickly converted to C&A.

This was the mock up...

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:38 AM, underboyleheating said:

I posted a very similar mock up long before the shirt was released on here and Twitter. Who knows, maybe they were influenced by it and didn’t bother to check the original 60s top?

My mocked up design was basically a old Macron Club Brugge shirt that I quickly converted to C&A.

This was the mock up...

UBH for official club kit designer.

Not seen a bad one yet!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Scottish Cup Fir Park January 1976. Willie P nets our 3rd and winning goal against holders Celtic. We won 3-2 after being 0-2 at half-time.

GW1024H727.jpeg

Unforgettable, so thanks. Fat Pat and Big Roddy dragged all over the place after Joe Wark's ball over the top until WP slotted it home into the bottom corner.

Happy days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another in a long list of garbage that we have signed from Celtic since I started going in 1968.  The only one I can think of off hand that was  any good ( there might be others , I stand to be corrected ) was vic Davidson.  A fantastic player and part of the best motherwell team in my time.