David

Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

On 5/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, underboyleheating said:

John Martis

60341281_2281758858512909_27512274155470

Ian Thomson in the background.

John Martis lives in Manse Road a couple  of hundred yards from  Fir  Park.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, sinjy said:

John Martis lives in Manse Road a couple  of hundred yards from  Fir  Park.

He goes to Alistair every home game and is one of the leading members of the Former Players Club. Great guy. 

A sketch of some fans that I did at Fir Park in 1970 when I was just 7 years old. It brings back good memories of going to watch Motherwell with my dad. Cartridge must have been scarce as I’ve drawn it on graph paper, probably ripped from my school jotter! Anyone recognise anyone from my 7 year old drawing?

D-puA8QWsAADgyg.jpg

• Like 1

I don't see myself, but I always enjoyed the days when men wore a collar and tie to the match. Brings back some good memories.

• Like 1

This sketch shows how the obesity problem has escalated in this country. I don’t see one double chin back in 1970. It was also nice to see bjorn borg in the front row turn up to watch a game. Good times!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I don't see myself, but I always enjoyed the days when men wore a collar and tie to the match. Brings back some good memories.

17 minutes ago, mio said:

This sketch shows how the obesity problem has escalated in this country. I don’t see one double chin back in 1970. It was also nice to see bjorn borg in the front row turn up to watch a game. Good times!!

And only  one scarf at the top left and one tammy at the bottom left. Also, no females in the small group. Definitely a man’s world back then. 

2 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Must've been a shit game...:ph34r::D

We were obviously coasting and I had time on my hands. :lol::paint:

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Ian Thomson in the background.

No sorry but thats Angus (Gus) Moffat in the background.

9 hours ago, El Grew said:

First 'Well team I saw - picture from 1964 season.

FB_IMG_1548944077744.jpg

Some great memories there. I remember a home game against Aberdeen when Dixie was on a hat-trick at the Taggart's End. So, like all the other  wee kids, I positioned myself behind the goals and down at the dyke to get a great view. Unfortunately, Dixie blasted it straight at the Dons' goalie (Tubby Ogston?) and the game ended 2-2.

I always thought Andy Weir looked really old, not realising at the time what he had gone through after his serious head injury and meningitis.

No Charlie Aitken? I always looked for his blond head and expected him to score at corners.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Happy Dosser said:

Some great memories there. I remember a home game against Aberdeen when Dixie was on a hat-trick at the Taggart's End. So, like all the other  wee kids, I positioned myself behind the goals and down at the dyke to get a great view. Unfortunately, Dixie blasted it straight at the Dons' goalie (Tubby Ogston?) and the game ended 2-2.

I always thought Andy Weir looked really old, not realising at the time what he had gone through after his serious head injury and meningitis.

No Charlie Aitken? I always looked for his blond head and expected him to score at corners.

Utter bollox: it was Joe McBride who missed the penalty.

Have auto-thrashed  with birch twigs and had a stern word with myself.