Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

It is him. He didn't say whether he was going to buy it, or not, but he remembers it being in the comic.

He's now living in Cobham, near Chelsea's training complex, and is a season ticket holder at Stamford Bridge. Still keeps an eye out for our results, though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Somerset Park Ayr around 1974. Great memories, however, I seemed to remember that we were on the end of a few defeats on what must have been one of the tightest/smallest grounds in Scotland. The fans were so close to the park that you used to be able to reach over the wall and almost touch the net. Great to see the claret sash kit on display and Joe Wark having a shot at goal!

25s75va.jpg

A look of shear joy and relief! One of my favourite Well celebrations to be captured on film.

10pt8hy.jpg

I was only 9 at this time. Was there with my dad, the main thing I remember was an auld guy in front of us in the East Stand saying "He's gonna put this in the top corner!". I still laugh remembering him turning round with a big smug smile on his face. Great memory!

• 2 months later...

3746991802_6644342a68.jpg

3746203389_e88edeef9d.jpg

3746203389_e88edeef9d.jpg

Ha ha great to see these surface. My old man took them, some years apart.

The top is against Brechin City on the day we clinched promotion in 1985. We won the league title the following weekend at Forfar. As has been mentioned in the 'Well Bois thread you can see how many fans took advantage of the gate being opened at the fence to watch the second half in the "away end".

The middle one was taken prior to a Home Shirts v Away Shirts game the club hosted on the eve of the 90'91 season - essentially the whole squad split down the middle playing each other.

The bottom one should be the opposite terracing if I remember rightly but I think you've put one up twice UBH.

• Like 3