Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

If we are getting a 'glamourous' game it will be at Fir Park and it will be for Craigan's testimonial. Must be the longest testimonial year in Scottish football history. His race night in JD's was Jan/Feb 2010 and still no mention of a match on the horizon.

Think he said he would love to play against Glentoran as they were the team he supported as a boy

A trip to Fort William would be amazing.

Here are some new suggestions;

At home

FC United of Manchester - they would bring a crowd

Birmingham - Alex McLeish to bring his team back to Motherwell

Aston Villa - if McAllister stays could he sneak a wee trip back up the road?

Away

AFC Wimbledon - looking to test themselves against higher quality opposition

Queens Park - a return trip to Hampden where we might win

Carluke Rovers (for the reserves) - to officially open their new stadium - I remember Motherwell coming to town when I was a kid and Tam Forsyth came on as a sub

• Like 2

According to the Club's Twitter:

Motherwell & Leeds hoping to agree a friendly match for Sat 16th July at Fir Park. #LUFC are finalising plans and hope to confirm this week.

:woop:

If we are giving it a wee shout on twitter I'd hope that it was looking good.

Transcripts of Ken Bates Wednesday Yorkshire Radio interviews are posted on Leeds United messageboard Waccoe, the following was posted on the site today, I'd post a link but only registered members can view the board.

From Ken Bates Yorkshire Radio Interview with Tom Kirwin broadcast today.

Tom Kirwin " Elsewhere, just away from transfers, the pre-season tour to Scotland is not confirmed yet but plans are place to play a couple of games north of the border against Motherwell and Falkirk".

Ken Bates" Yeah, I think it is nearly done now. We sent Dusty Miller up this week to inspect the training and dormitory facilities to make sure they are ok. I understand they came back and the report was positive so it looks like it will be subject to contracts. They had to get permission from the Scottish FA to play friendly games against foreign clubs because we are, in football terms, a foreign club as far as Scotland is concerned. But subject to that being approved, I see no reason why we shouldn't get the approval then it will be Falkirk and Motherwell as well as Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Rochdale".

*Dusty Miller is the nickname given to 1st team coach Ian Miller.