Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

Can I use my Community Club vote early to stop Ken Bates being allowed inside Fir Park?

I have enjoyed watching Leeds over the years from Bremner & Co to Cantona and McAllister, but that guy is one of the shadiest characters in the game and shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of any footballing activity.

Anyone mind we played Leeds in August 1982, in what was only my third ever game watching the Well!! Sadly they pumped us 4-0 but I do recall that George Best guested for Motherwell that night.

Anyone mind we played Leeds in August 1982, in what was only my third ever game watching the Well!! Sadly they pumped us 4-0 but I do recall that George Best guested for Motherwell that night.

Don't know if i've got the wrong game,but was Frank Worthington in the Leeds team that night?

John Boyle wasn't involved in the illegal purchase of a football club.

Tip of the iceberg, Ken was bankrupting banks long before it became fashionable (see links below)

Ken Bates / Irish Trust Bank Collapse

Ken very nearly caused a coup in the British Virgin Islands following a real disaster of a property development project. The British Goverment were so worried they stationed a Royal Navy Gunship off the islands & ended up coughing up millions to get him to leave.

http://issuu.com/daz...magazine-oct-74

http://www.islandsun...al5-v16i11.html

In the 1960's, the Bates-Hill Company bought out Mr. Fowler the then owner of Wickham's Cay. It is said that Bates-Hill then signed an agreement with the local government giving the British development firm the permission to reclaim the area around the Cay, a project Mr. Fowler had already begun in 1964. The agreement, essentially a 199-year lease, was signed in 1967 and gave Bates-Hill control of Wickham's Cay and three quarters of Anegada."

According to Mrs. Lake, opposition to the agreement began to build almost at once when it was discovered that Bates-Hill was not planning to allow locals to have access to the site except in a subservient capacity.

In delivering the keynote address Chief Minister, Dr. the Hon. D. Orlando Smith told the audience "let us not forget that today we stand in hallowed ground. Four decades ago an agreement was signed giving the entire area of Wickham's Cay to a foreign developer. This agreement was signed without the consent of the people of the BVI. At that moment, our community had to make a definitive choice—either to accept our status as subjects in our own land—or stand up to the powers that be and demand our fundamental rights. This community made a choice –we stood up and we resisted."

The Chief Minister went on to list some of the heroes who stood up: Noel Lloyd, Lindy DeCastro (Ras Uhuru), Wilfred Smith, Louella Harrigan, Roosevelt Smith, Cromwell Nibbs, Patsy Lake and others. "They rallied together under the banner of the Positive Action Movement. The community stood firm in the face of resistance from the British authorities—stood firm even when a battleship was deployed at Road Town Harbour to monitor the events. Thanks to that act of bravery—that choice---- the land of Wickham's Cay was restored to its rightful owners --- the people of the BVI," Hon. Smith noted.

looking forward to our visit to fir park.

i reckon upwards of 2,000 leeds fans will travel to the game, and a fair few more if motherwell announce leeds fans can pay on the day and away membershiop is not req.

im aware a lot of leeds fans from the north west and cumbria will be letting the train take the strain.

and dont worry you will hear plenty of bates out chants the man is a crook who is fleecing lufc fans.

regards.

Brian McLoughlin was on the program cover, and if memory serves me correct, it was 4-0 going on a few more.

and dont worry you will hear plenty of bates out chants the man is a crook who is fleecing lufc fans.

Aye, I feel sorry for any set of fans that ends up with him in charge. Fingers crossed you can get rid of him sooner rather than later.

looking forward to our visit to fir park.

i reckon upwards of 2,000 leeds fans will travel to the game, and a fair few more if motherwell announce leeds fans can pay on the day and away membershiop is not req.

im aware a lot of leeds fans from the north west and cumbria will be letting the train take the strain.

regards.

You'll not have a problem getting in at the gate mate, assuming they will just open our South Stand which will more than accommodate everyone travelling up, no need for tickets or registration i'd say.

4500 is the official capacity if the South Stand.

cheers fella.

would be very suprised if we filled it for a friendly, but we sold out almost every away allocation last season inc. over 6k at coventry over 5k at crystal palace over 7k at barnsley over 4k at portsmouth and over 5k at preston (night match).

all our away games are members only and memberships cost £40 if you dont have a season ticket.

so with good advertising of pay on the day you never know.

regards.

I would imagine if you did manage to fill the South, we could accommodate any extras in the Phil O'Donnell stand. Or just put on your best Motherwell accent and join the home fans in the East :P Doubt anyone 'Well fans would have a problem with that,

I would imagine if you did manage to fill the South, we could accommodate any extras in the Phil O'Donnell stand. Or just put on your best Motherwell accent and join the home fans in the East :P Doubt anyone 'Well fans would have a problem with that,

well fans are all secret leeds fans anyway.

pity i cant say the same for falkirk fans, they might be out for revenge after our last visit. :whistling:

Ricky, how can you support a team with Rangers in there name shocking...... ;-)

Really looking forward to the Leeds game, should be a cracking day with good banter.

The one reason to hate QPR can be summed up in 2 words: Gerry Francis.

I knew I'd hook someone with that but I didn't think it would be you.:lol:

Leeds are my other team, I'm delighted that they're coming to Fir Park but it's Motherwell first, every time. Though it's still a friendly and the final score of friendlies isn't always the most important thing.

Still raging ya mug? MOT. :whistling: