Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

and btw leeds united are a massive club and you cant get away from it.

those fans will turn up in massive numbers wherever we are playing.

in fact leeds took more fans away from home in total than any other english club last season .

That remark is actually quite reminiscent of the style that one of the fans of your red chums from Manchester occasionally used to post on here when bumming his club up too. I'd say bear in mind that sometimes there can be a fine line between justifying your position and coming across as a "Billy Big Baws" type sneering down at the non-believers. You can quickly lose goodwill.

Personally I do think there's a bit of an attraction in playing you. I've no qualms in admitting you're a big club with some heritage behind you and you hold a bit more of an attraction than some English sides I can recollect us playing in the past, even if it is a growing number of years since you've been in your country's top flight.

If you're also as good as your word in bringing as many to Scotland as you claim for a pre-season then ideal, it'll be all the better for MFC's bank balance and additional benefit to our primary reason for the game in getting ready for the big kick-off the following weekend.

I do have to be honest though whilst looking forward to playing you, there's more excitement for me in the game the previous weekend when its a first trip to take in Dumbarton's new ground.

• Like 1

Leeds were shite in the 80's so I'm pretty sure the Leeds fans would rather not have their heads stuck there!! The fact remains that Leeds are revered and despised in equal measure and despite not being in the premiership have a massive fanbase who have been through

Saw them last at the johnstons paint trophy area final against carlisle, one of their subs, Kilkenny, was shouting and cursing at children in the stands while he was warming up, then when he got on he missed a penalty and when the Carlisle fans jumped on to the pitch to celebrate with the team he started chasing and punching teenage fans, disgusting mob.

You seem to be suffering from selective memory.

The Carlisle fans were innocent victims & Leeds players the pantomime villians according to you. You didn't mention however...

The "celebrating" Carlisle fans who assaulted 3 Leeds players on the pitch? The "celebrating" Carlisle fans who attacked Shane Lowry from behind on the pitch?

If you missed it the BBC reporter didn't (see audi on the bbc link below).

According to you Leeds players assualted "celebrating" Carlisle fans but Cumbria police arrested 10 Carlisle fans during the disturbance? Seems Strange..

The "celebrating" Carlisle fans that needed mounted police to disperse them?

The "celebrating" Carlisle fans who's mugshots Carlisle United put up on their official website asking for help to identify the culprits?

The "celebrating" Carlisle fans who threw missiles at Leeds keeper Ankergren during the game and shone a laser pen in his eyes during the penalty shoot out?

(again if you missed it, the bbc reporter didn't, see audio on bbc link below)

My memory of the game is very different to yours.

http://www.independe...ns-1895191.html

http://news.bbc.co.u...ted/8507677.stm

Leeds are no angels but lets not pretend the Carlisle fans were whiter then white.

Leeds were no great shakes in the 80's so I'm pretty sure the Leeds fans would rather not have their heads stuck there!! The fact remains that Leeds Utd are revered and despised in equal measure and despite not being in the premiership have a massive fanbase who have been through the mill since the Risdale era. Unless Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea decide to turn up with a full squad who exactly are some people expecting Motherwell to play in a pre season friendly?! The truth is sadly there are Motherwell fans among us that enjoying pouring water on other Motherwell fans excitement for whatever reason. There were posters that had a go at folk for having the audacity to get excited about McFadden returning with Everton remember!!! I' delighted Leeds are coming to Fir Park. They have had loads of prominant Scottish players and a fascinating history with the ultimate highs and lows, but I appreciate they are a bit like marmite.

in fact leeds took more fans away from home in total than any other english club last season .

Jeez, no one's arguin that fact that leeds are a big club wi a massive support! Rangers and celtic are big clubs wi massive supports, but there still dicks.

I do have to be honest though whilst looking forward to playing you, there's more excitement for me in the game the previous weekend when its a first trip to take in Dumbarton's new ground.

Can't argree more, Yes Leeds will be a great fixture, it does not bring the same feeling to the groin as a home away fixture. England has their league and we have ours and I would rather spend my money on our game. Leeds are the only english team however I will spend money to watch v MFC. Excellent fixture and sure to bring in plenty of cash. But Dumbarton away will be better,

£10 is a very reasonable price.

http://www.leedsunit...2247585_2378006

They probably took more fans to away games than we took to home games. dry.gif

That's a decent price, probably be going now.

Normally I'd go to the friendly games, but I can not stand Leeds,

I cant stand Rangers / Celtic / Hibs / Hearts..........but I still go to the game to support MY team

I really dont know what some folk want - Leeds are probably the biggest team to have played at Fir Park in years - and still some folk are not happy. We played Man United a few years back, and they brought their U19s apart from Fabio.....there was about 3k at the game if you were lucky. We aint going to get a Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea - and if we did, folk would then moan about the price of the tickets

THE CLUB CAN NOT WIN

To the Leeds fans who were asking about tickets - I believe old PC PLod will have had their say here and not MFC, they will want to know how many are coming. They are probably concerned that a few "naughty" boys might fancy the trip! However, for those who are not official members and want to come - I suggest you come along anyway, pay into the Main Stand and sit at one of the ends/wings - thats where away fans are normally housed if the South Stand is not opened.

MFC are not going to refuse your money!!

Fucking still cant believe the attitude of some of you on here.

Like i already said, its a game that the club you supposedly love are taking part in and its a tenner. They are playing a famous football club who are still well known the world over.

What are you getting out of slagging the game and Leeds off? What are you trying to prove? are you trying to put people off going.

I bet most of you are the type who sit there and grumble all game anyway.

You will not of seen them for ages and the club needs every penny it can get. Surely they are good enough reasons to turn up.

Iv been up here 8 years and supported motherwell for a few years before that. I was brought up on Cardiff city. My whole family are Cardiff city and i was bought a season ticket every year until i found this great club. I met a motherwell lassie while coming to a game and now i live here. I have no loyalty to Cardiff city (I don't think i ever did)or any other club. Cut my veins and i will bleed motherwell colours. My commitment and loyalty to motherwell is second to none.

Sometimes the attitudes of some well fans shock me quite a bit considering they say they have been supporting the club for 20+ years etc and they claim to love the club.

If you truly love the club you will be at the Leeds game,the ict game, the st mirren game or the kilmarnock game in the rain. If you love the club you will be at every game you can make unless its impossible to do so due to some reason or another.

This town and this county really do not know what you have here.

Ps, this post is not directed at all motherwel fans. Some are amongst the most loyal you will find anywhere.

Away and stop slebbering pish and wipe the dribble off your chin, in what way does missing a pre-season friendly in the middle of July mean you don't love the club? For the love of God.

Can we please please PLEASE have another "i'm a better fan than you" debate? Please? The're always so entertaining and informative

• Like 1

Can we please please PLEASE have another "i'm a better fan than you" debate? Please? The're always so entertaining and informative

More entertaining than this drivel to be honest. Fuxake never heard so much shite over a pre-season friendly. Used to be we'd be looking forward to seeing the boys in action after a few weeks off. Who gives a fuck who we're playing, why all the pety point scoring. It's a Motherwell game end of, the opposition is irrelevant, yer either going or yer no' frankly if yer no' that's up to you. No need for over dramatic explanations or getting all huffy over it. :doh:

• Like 1

I cant stand Rangers / Celtic / Hibs / Hearts..........but I still go to the game to support MY team

I really dont know what some folk want - Leeds are probably the biggest team to have played at Fir Park in years - and still some folk are not happy. We played Man United a few years back, and they brought their U19s apart from Fabio.....there was about 3k at the game if you were lucky. We aint going to get a Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea - and if we did, folk would then moan about the price of the tickets

THE CLUB CAN NOT WIN

I don't think anyone's moaning about who's coming to Fir Park to play, they're merely saying they're not going.

9/10 for Taff's post on what makes a true 'Well fan though, gave me a right good chuckle after a hard day at work. :lol:

I'll probably go along, pay my tenner, then come back on here later on that night to moan about why the fuck I thought it was a good idea to pay a tenner to watch that pre-season dross before vowing never to go along to another pre-season game ever again...much like any other season really!

Fuxake never heard so much shite over a pre-season friendly. Used to be we'd be looking forward to seeing the boys in action after a few weeks off. Who gives a fuck who we're playing, why all the pety point scoring. It's a Motherwell game end of, the opposition is irrelevant, yer either going or yer no' frankly if yer no' that's up to you. No need for over dramatic explanations or getting all huffy over it. :doh:

+1 on this