Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

Absolutely no idea! Maybe they're expecting trouble, or one of the ugly sisters are playing the same day over in Sheffield.

its because up to 4,000 dutch fans were planning to make the ferry crossing from rotterdam to hull for their games with you and hull city.

not forgetting sheff weds v leeds at 1pm on the same day.

i spoke to motherwell ticket office and they tell me they will be selling tickets for both sets of fans on the day of the game, but advised to buy them in advance to avoid queues.

i exspect leeds to have somewhere in the region of 3 to 4 k fans in attendance and im told they have sold around 1500 for the night game at falkirk. so my estimate wont be far out.

I will be well impressed if Leeds bring anywhere near 3-4k for this game. If you do, I reckon you could possibly outnumber the home fans.

If Leeds bring 3-4K they will definitely outnumber the 'Well fans for a meaningless pre-season friendly.

Some added significance for me this one now. My mate, who's an Airdrie fan, will be joining a former work colleague and Leeds fan in the South Stand on Saturday.

He'd lap up the opportunity to see us take a pumelling in the flesh so thereafore a win and good performance would be even more welcome than usual!

"There is a bit of rivalry for myself coming through at Motherwell, and it's my first time going back. I loved it there. I only played 15 games for Rangers and they came in and gave me a chance so they will always hold a place in my heart.

Aye Ross, gave you a chance after your mystery virus :whistling:

Gutted to be missing the opportunity to watch my 2 fav teams.

Motherwell is very accessible by train from Yorkshire so 3-4K travelling fans wouldn't surprise me. Look how many they took to Exeter.

I think a few who are doing the trip up and down in the one day have been put off by the train timings.

Last direct Motherwell to Leeds train leaves at quarter past five, I assured quite a few that this left enough time to get out of Fir Park and make it to the station. You could forgive those that haven't been to Fir Park for discounting the idea as it could have left them tight for time.

If you miss the quarter past five slot, you're looking at the 19.14 (16 hour journey time) or the 22.47 (13 hour journey time)

As this is the case I think a good number will drive to Preston and get the train up from there, hard luck for the driver if he had fancied a pint.