Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

I've no idea of Leeds strengths and weakness

Great going forwards, only Norwich scored more League goals last season http://www.statto.co...011/attack/full

At the same time shambolic at the back, the game against Preston NE last season springs to mind. Somehow Leeds managed to throw away a 4-1 home lead, ending up losing the match 4-6.

More League goals were scored in games featuring Leeds last season than any other club in the division (an average of 3.28 goals / per game) http://www.statto.co...otal-goals/full

I always had the feeling last season that Leeds needed to score two to have a chance of getting a draw.

Grayson has made changes to the midfield and at the back in an attempt to correct a porous defence. If I was a betting man however I wouldn't put any money on goalless draw on Saturday.

who do you want to win?

Fitba...

Leeds' defence is stinking and I'm not overly impressed with the signing of Rachubka either, though Eremenko was on trial so that would be a decent addition to midfield. Definitely require at least 5 new , quality additions to the squad. Would be shocked if Grayson doesn't start looking at Hutchinson and Randolph after Saturday.

Someone told me other night in fpc about a former link between the clubs fans i have never heard of this before and tbh think links between Scottish and English clubs mfans are a load of guff ,although Spurs and Aberdeen is funny (both supposed to be tight).

That is a flexable formation, with Law floating across the park! You have missed my point entirely, ok ill set it up like this so you will understand where i was coming from.

Any formation you like at the back

Jennoe Lasley

Humphrey Law (Law still has the authority to roam across the park)

Murphy Higdon

That is how i mean it, sorry to confuse you.

This is clearly a lot of pish.

Fans should note that the Davie Cooper Stand will not be open for tomorrow’s match with Leeds United at Fir Park.

Motherwell fans are invited to sit in either the Phil O’Donnell Stand or the East Stand with Leeds Utd fans occupying the South Stand behind the goal.

Any fan who has pre-purchased tickets for the Davie Cooper Stand can sit in either the Phil O’Donnell or East Stand depending on preference.

Motherwell Football Club would like to apologise for inconvenience this may cause.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/07/15/important-information-leeds-utd-match/

Disappointed that the Cooper Stand is closed, seems a very late decision to me. Will the bar be open or will we get into the Centenary again?

i note from the managers comments on the official site, both higdon & hammel could be doubts for tomorrow, doesn,t want to risk them as they are carrying niggling problems.

Well Hammell took quite a bad knock against Partick but he seemed to run it off. Higdon didn't look fit in the first place!

McHugh will get another chance. This is his make or break season at this level so I'm glad he's getting the chance.

Wonder who will play at left back though? Halsman perhaps?

Cracking idea to use the shirt UBH helped design for the match tomorrow. Proud moment, Sir :nod:

With the white shorts, hooped socks, and old style number, it is a very decent 'tribute' in my opinion.

Well done to all involved.