Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

He'll give Page the nod at left back I'd imagine, more chance of him braking through than Halsman or McKinnon this season.

Halsman got a fair bit of experience out on loan last season, played 30 odd matches and scored a few goals as well. I'm assuming though he was playing left midfield considering the amount of goals he scored.

He's 20 years old now as well, not really a kid.

Out in paisley just now but cant see it being too messy so will prob make it tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it, especially if the leeds fans turn up in numbers. Few decent players Becchio, gradel etc

Edited by Yabba's Turd

I was at the Falkirk game on Wednesday.

There were around 3000 fans at it in total. 700+ were Leeds fans. I found there to be a lot of Scottish people in the Leeds end and also a few people who had travelled up and were staying up here for both games.

Keep an eye out for a guy with a kilt on dancing about the stand. I have no idea who he was, but fuck sake, this guy never sat on his arse the whole game - he also had a mate with long hair. I can only imagine they will be at this game as they are Scots and travelling wont be so bad for them.

Simon Grayson changed all 11 players in the Falkirk game. (It was either 5 or 6 at half time and the rest about an hour into the game).

It was very much a training session for Leeds, and I think all the players knew the plan was to be substitued half-way through so didnt bother trying as hard as they could have done - I cannot however say the same for Falkirk (some of their young guys were going in two footed, etc).

I hope Leeds play their strongest side and go for the win (and hope we get to see Becchio and Somma today although I have heard that they are injured) because I was a bit disappointed at paying £15 for a half-hearted performance if I am to be honest - I know it was a friendly, etc and no one wants to get injured before the season starts but surely playing Falkirks under 16s should have been a bit more 1-sided than it was.

Today I will be sitting in the Leeds end - sorry guys - and I think the score will be 5-0 if they play their best side or 3-1 if the play like they did on Wednesday.

Good luck to both teams, see you there.

Playing well.

Cracking goal from Murphy. Randolph saved a penalty from McCormack. Soft soft decision first of all. Wee winger went down easily.

2nd time I've sent Law and this boy is class. His touch and movement is tremendous.

Sounds very Promising if I'm honest, playing well against a side that may be in the premiership next year.

For anyone who is there, how do the strips look?

Attendance 4798, with around 2300 or so Leeds fans. That's a terrific attendance - and well done to Leeds fans for turning up in such numbers.

Just in from the game - if we play like that for this season we'll be top 6 easily. Made mincemeat of their defence at times in the first half. The link up play between Law, Higdon, Murphy and Humphrey was a joy to watch.

Still think Higdon has a bit more to offer than he's shown thus far, but he held up the ball well and played some good passes. Was blowing out his arse after 70 odd minutes, which is a worry.

Some of our defending was comical - Randolph looked ropey at best at times. His drop for their first goal was inexcusable.

All in all though, we looked good - if we can tighten things up a bit at the back, keep attacking like we did today and get another striker in, it's going to be an exciting season!

• Like 1

Unlucky to lose, thought we matched Leeds for most of the match and dominated a spell at the beginning of the second half.

Some room for improvement, Randolph made some good saves but made a real howler for the goal, basically I think he was just trying to show off. Big Hutchy had a bit of a nightmare, Jennings was his usual early season self, ie. slow and not on the pace and Humphrey was frustrating again although he was better than against Partick.

However, overall I thought it was a decent performance against a team that is probably better than most of the SPL. Law showed again that he looks like a player, Murphy was a constant thorn to the Leeds defence and I thought Forbes and Halsman did really well when they came on.

Created plenty of chances, perhaps we will need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal but still quite upbeat about our chances next season, we'll see how it goes next week!

If we hold onto Murphy I'm looking forward to seeing the attacking partnership between him & Law.

Lasley was also excellent in the first half, continuing on from last season.

I thought both Humphrey and Jennings looked poor today, with a few shoddy tackles by the latter. Big Higdon doesn't seem to be at the races yet, but hopefully that'll improve over time.

If we manage to hold onto the attacking players we have at present I think we'll be giving a lot of teams problems this season.

Another central defender is needed, and I also get the feeling that Humphrey is going to have us all pulling our hair out again over the coming months.

Thought we played pretty well today, tbh i was surprised at how sharp Leeds were considering they're 2 weeks behind us.Murphy was our best player by a mile and if there were scouts watching him unfortunately they would've been impressed.Law was good early on but fell away a bit and Humphrey was his usual, came into the game more late on and caused some problems but very inconsistent.If we play like that next week we'll win easy.

Not a bad game today, Murphy was the bestplayer on the park i felt, a total standout!! Law looks a tidy, decent player maybe a wee bit lightweight but promising!! Young Halsom looked good when he came on as well!!

Downside.....Higdon, reminded me of a Fatter Nick Cusack....i never liked Cusack!! Jennings has put on half a stone and defensively we loooked a wee bit suss at times, but hopefully we should be better than most in the SPL this season!!

Well done to the Leeds fans who turned up today, great club, good support!!....There song "Shit Ground No Fans" was a wee bit embarrassing tho, but they had a point!! ha

I quite enjoyed that, albeit it ended in a defeat. Much to be encouraged about there I think.

A lot of good, incisive passing and bags of creativity in the team currently. If we can just nail the finishing a wee bit then we have the potential to out gun most of the rank and file in the SPL this season. Law and Murphy continue to impress hugely and I think Stevie Hammell looks to be benefiting from playing alongside them and thriving on it too.

Thought we were a bit unlucky to not have got at least a draw from today given the chances created. We held our own for long spells too, apart from perhaps a twenty minute spell in the second half where we looked quite ropey and were conceding corners every couple of minutes.

Highlight was the lovely goal Murphy put away and hopefully we'll get a chance to see it again on SSN sometime over the course of the weekend.

A lot to be positive about going into the new campaign.

• Like 1

Goals have been on SSN already Andy.

That Leeds support is something we can only dream of at away games. They were excellent from start to finish.

Anyway, about the game. Humphrey is reminding me more n more of Moutouakil, the cross he put across the box for the goal was a beauty but thats one in how many? We terrorised there defence in the first half with pretty much all of the play coming down the left hand side. Murphy, Law and Hammell link up really well and if Murphy stays the three of them are going to be a joy to watch this year.

Thought Jennings was poor today and must've misplaced the ball 6 or 7 times. If we play like that next week we'll destroy Inverness.

Good game, good game.

Motherwell played very well especially in the first half. That Leeds side in the first half was roughly the same Leeds side that played in the second half of the Falkirk game - which is clearly the weaker of both Leeds teams. However taking nothing away from The Well; they were the better side in the 1st half.

Murphy was outstanding in the 1st half and at some spells in the 2nd as well - deffo man of the match in my opinion.

McCormack was throwing everything at it to get a goal today, hopefully he has the same enthusiasm in the coming season if he gets many first team places.

The atmosphere was amazing. You would never have thought it was a friendly. Good for a nice wee bit of friendly banter.

If Motherwell keep playing like that they will surely be in the top 6 next season.