Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

You will not of seen them for ages and the club needs every penny it can get. Surely they are good enough reasons to turn up.

I see Motherwell play Leeds in a meaningless game, or I can afford the rent.

I need every penny I can get, never mind the club, who, at the end of the day, just got a couple of hundred quid for my season ticket.

I don't disapprove of the friendly itself, but don't presume to question other fans who have other interests than seeing a turgid friendly.

The game will be pish of the highest order, I've been to plenty of meaningless home friendlies over the years and I have learned my lesson, I doubt I'll be at another one anytime soon unless its for a real glamour tie. I can wait another week until the real stuff starts to see the Club that I love.

Away friendlies are an entirely different kettle of fish though.

A healthy away support and a relatively healthy home support could make this a wee bit better than yer average run of the mill fare.

Would love it to be a decent game to shut some of the moaning fuckin bastards up. Why o why o why do you even bother calling yourself a fuckin football supporter.

I remember us putting 4 past Real Sociedad at FP and thinking - that sets us up nicely for the season - and by fuck it did. Wasn't a classic match but was good to see the boys getting a work out and a first glimpse of big Cusack if I mind right.

These games have their purpose - getting us up to speed before the real business. A really vital part of preparation at that.

Granted friendlies might not recently have been the most imaginative or enthralling, played half arsed in fromt of a paltry half arsed audience - but surely we've got to be a wee bit more positive about a competitively priced game with the chance of a decent turn out? No?

Of course - the other option is not to bother. That's cool, don't bother - but why fuckin moan about it?

Alternative suggestions for preparing for a cometetive season an a postcard please

• Like 1

These games have their purpose - getting us up to speed before the real business. A really vital part of preparation at that.

They are indeed. However, paying to watch training isn't the most enticing offer.

Granted friendlies might not recently have been the most imaginative or enthralling, played half arsed in fromt of a paltry half arsed audience - but surely we've got to be a wee bit more positive about a competitively priced game with the chance of a decent turn out? No?

It's only a game if the sides are competing. Otherwise its just a workout.

Alternative suggestions for preparing for a cometetive season an a postcard please

Closed door games?

• Like 1

Is it the fact we've become used to European games in such a short space of time? Used to be everyone looked forward to friendlies cos they were desperate to get back into the swing of things, mind you we didn't get charged for them then.

Do you mean 'included on the season book' fatcalf?

I thought they were always pay at the gate in the past - but only recently they stopped being free to season book holders.

Do you mean 'included on the season book' fatcalf?

I thought they were always pay at the gate in the past - but only recently they stopped being free to season book holders.

Yep first game I recall being charged to attend was Southampton whenever that was. Before that your season book included all Motherwell first team and reserve matches at Fir Park.