Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

What use is it supporting Motherwell if you don't rush back from your work and head out to Greenock for a meaningless kickabout on a Tuesday night? Honestly I question our fans loyalty sometimes. :dash2:

Anyway back to the game, is it not FIFA regulations that you can only use six substitutes in any game now? I remember reading something a couple of years back about a ref walking off at Craven Cottage because Fulham were insisting on a seventh sub and a qualified ref sitting in the crow took over.

Well Calderwood fielded practically 2 different teams for each half in their friendly yesterday.

For what it's worth I'll not be there unless I'm bored shitless!

i rang motherwell fc today and bought tickets for the leeds end. also know quite a few whi have purchased on line.

id like to say well done to your football club for doing this as a lot of leeds fans refuse to pay £40 for a membership just to go into a lotterry for away tickets.

we also save £1-50 bates tax. looking at the sales on line looks like the leeds end is almost sold out. :O

:cheers:

i rang motherwell fc today and bought tickets for the leeds end. also know quite a few whi have purchased on line.

id like to say well done to your football club for doing this as a lot of leeds fans refuse to pay £40 for a membership just to go into a lotterry for away tickets.

we also save £1-50 bates tax. looking at the sales on line looks like the leeds end is almost sold out. :O

:cheers:

If it sells out I'm sure Motherwell will make an area of the main stand available as well.

McCall has this to say about the game tonight.

Morton are good side who will be looking to push themselves in the First Division this year and I expect a very stern test

“You've also got to remember that we only have two new players at the minute – the rest of the squad is very familiar with how I like to play and how their teammates play. It’s different if you have six or seven new players and you are essentially trying to gel a team together. Having said that, we are pushing some of the kids like Carswell, Smith, Pollock and Lawless and others who I hope will make more of an impact at first-team level this season.

Interesting game tonight to be honest, only new players we have are Higdon and Law, by all accounts Law looks good in training, and the fans will like what they see im sure, Mc call has mentioned that he will play each player 45 mins each, should be a close game with Motherwell sneaking it.