Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

I'm wondering what's really behind the opening post - to be honest.

Read it a few times - couldnae concentrate for the noise of an axe being ground.

Nothing at all, no agenda and certainly no axe to grind. Merely playing Devil's Advocate as stated.

For what it's worth I don't think the U/19's necessarily should start at the same time as the 1st team, but if that is the decision surely it follows it should apply to

all staff and players. Re the English lads no games were arranged for last week, so what would have been wrong with them joining the rest for training?

I am well aware the season starts on 13th August.

I have at no time criticised or offered an opinion as to the rights and wrongs of this merely posed the question,

'How important is Pre Season?' given the number of times it is bandied about.

all staff and players. Re the English lads no games were arranged for last week, so what would have been wrong with them joining the rest for training?

The fact they didn't officially sign for us until Friday last week? Or the fact they could have been on holiday as they were doing their summer planning by the English season - since that is where they were last season.

You think Motherwell are the only club to do this? In fact, Real Mallorca (between two full squads) only had 9 players reporting for first day of pre-season training. I bet we had a lot more than that

The fact they didn't officially sign for us until Friday last week? Or the fact they could have been on holiday as they were doing their summer planning by the English season - since that is where they were last season.

You think Motherwell are the only club to do this? In fact, Real Mallorca (between two full squads) only had 9 players reporting for first day of pre-season training. I bet we had a lot more than that

Fair enough point, but again I have no opinion on them being at MFC or not, the question is how much importance is being put on Pre Season ?

Edited by Noah Dosser

I'm heading through. The prospect of the first away day of the new season with a cheap train and a cheap gate price mean it was a pretty easy decision to make!

12.16pm train from Motherwell I believe was the one identified as the goer.

I'll head to Craggs' testimonial in the week, but I couldn't care less about the Leeds game and I'll be missing the first game of the season as I'll be at Wickerman, so looking forward to Saturday!

£4.40 return from central, £5 to get in, I'll be there.

Motherwell to Argyle Street then walk up to Queen Street High Level for train to Dumbarton East.

Low level trains from Motherwell via Central don't go to Dumbarton East.

£4.40 Return from Queen Street, £6.70 Return from Motherwell.

You can stay on to Partick or Hyndland and change there, but I think a pint or 2 in the Counting House at George Square could be calling.

:drinks:

I believe our plans are the 12.16 from Motherwell, change at Partick and get to Dumbarton about half 1.

The stop at Partick is only 5 mins which is a tad disappointing as I'd hoped for a pint in the Three Judges. But for £6.70 return I'll dry my eyes!

Anyone know what station - East or Central - is better to get off at or are they pretty close?

I believe our plans are the 12.16 from Motherwell, change at Partick and get to Dumbarton about half 1.

The stop at Partick is only 5 mins which is a tad disappointing as I'd hoped for a pint in the Three Judges. But for £6.70 return I'll dry my eyes!

Anyone know what station - East or Central - is better to get off at or are they pretty close?

Best to get off at Dumbarton East. You dont need to get the next train when you get off at Partick, they are roughly every 15 mins so time for a pint or 2 in the west end if required.

Defo Distance from the ground but I think there are a couple of boozers nearby

Cheers mate, probably just play it by ear tomorrow, not particularly bothered where we get off as long as there's decent boozers about and the ground isn't a ridiculous distance away!

Wee bit from the Dumbarton official might be of interest on the beer front....

]Chivas Suite (away fans) and Community Suite Supporters Bar[/b] - will be open from 1.15pm with last orders pre-match at 2.45pm. Co-Chairman Colin Hosie and commercial director Alan Findlay will be hosting the club's Shirts 'n' Shorts sponsorship draw at 1.30pm.]

Randolph still has time off due to his season finishing later than the rest of the team. Jennings had a tight hamstring apparently.

Randolph is carrying a slight elbow injury as well according to his interview on the official site.