Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

Well we played well today, very impressed by Law; Higdon in flashed looks all right and I have no doubt his sharpness will come. Hard to judge because Dumbarton were total garbage but goals around the team, some nice finishes and their goalie made some lovely stops as well. Had he not been there we could have had 7 or 8. Leeds will be a good test for them and may offer some yardstick as to where we are.

Well we played well today, very impressed by Law; Higdon in flashed looks all right and I have no doubt his sharpness will come. Hard to judge because Dumbarton were total garbage but goals around the team, some nice finishes and their goalie made some lovely stops as well. Had he not been there we could have had 7 or 8. Leeds will be a good test for them and may offer some yardstick as to where we are.

Summed up my thoughts. Law looked very impressive. The young boys also looked fairly comfortable coming on.

Good wee day out.

So why weren't your fans allowed to put their flag up today? :)

Great day out, decent performance and I was glad to see Nicky Law show you what he can do, I've always rated him! Brilliant banter with the tannoy announcer trying to remember the substitutions too. Fantastic scenery from the ground!

So why weren't your fans allowed to put their flag up today? :)

Great day out, decent performance and I was glad to see Nicky Law show you what he can do, I've always rated him! Brilliant banter with the tannoy announcer trying to remember the substitutions too. Fantastic scenery from the ground!

Jobsworths wee men who get a hi-viz vest and think they're god when in fact they're just :wank:

Echo the thoughts, Law was tremendous.

Great pass for Humphrey for the opening goal.

Great link up play with Murphy for his own goal, and a delicate finish as well to round it off. Started to get stuck in a bit more as well.

I know its far too early to say, and it'll just merely be because it is pre-season and is not match sharp - but Higdon did stick out like a sore thumb today, struggled against the lower league opposition - and we can't judge him on one performance - but if we did, Casagolda looked a better option. Long way to go and he did technically set up Craigan's goal and indirectly Murphy's opener.

Good performance, and other positive was another solid perfomance from Hollis again in goal for the 1st half. A few brilliant stops.

The jobsworth steward was a mid forties midden who needed a ride...ahem, apparently... Law looks a good signing. Vision and likes the ball on the deck. Mchugh rattled his goal home to be fair. Forbes-i know this will be controversial- passing is quality, played a xavi-esque pass to murphy first half(as did law) but again could do with a session in the gym.

Good day out in the sun and 5 goals spread around the team.

All looked comfortable and although not great, Higdon will not be pushed around and looked very much part of the squad, he will improve. Nicky Law looks like a fitba player, with good vision, pace, and eventually a great finish. Looks like a midfielder who can go forward rather than the holding type. Usual solid displays from the rest, Murph looks sharp already.

Re the flag, apparently due to its size it required a fire safety certificate which was not produced. Therefore it was not allowed to be tied to the pitchside barrier and after discussion with stewards and the Old Bill, several possible ejections and arrests were eventualy avoided.

Re the flag, apparently due to its size it required a fire safety certificate which was not produced. Therefore it was not allowed to be tied to the pitchside barrier and after discussion with stewards and the Old Bill, several possible ejections and arrests were eventualy avoided.

Jesus wept, talk about overkill. This country is becoming obsessed with perceived risk and people trying to engineer situations to make themselves feel important and justify their posts.

Very enjoyable day out yesterday, its a very picturesque ground to watch your fitba in, although that might not necessarily be the case in the dead of winter!

Enjoyed our performance yesterday, some lovely stuff and in truth we could've easily doubled our tally. For all Dumbarton were poor they did at least try to play some fitba.

I anticipate that Nicky Law will be a very important player for us this season, but will sadly be a target for the midfield cluggers that earn a living in the SPL!