Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

So what's the point in Everton, Wigan, Bolton etc. preparing for Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. by playing Motherwell? It is as much about fitness and learning to play WITH new teamates than AGAINST the opposition.

Oi finlay that negative was un-called for. You cant go around negativing folk for having a different opinion than you :lol:

I'm more than happy to get into a debate with you about this but lay off the dots hay :lol:

Oi finlay that negative was un-called for. You cant go around negativing folk for having a different opinion than you :lol:

I'm more than happy to get into a debate with you about this but lay off the dots hay :lol:

I would suggestt the 'dot' :huh: was for talking shite :lol: just so happens to be a different opinion to my own :lol:

• Like 2

we should welcome Gretna 2008 to Fir Park :ph34r:. Would love to see a Nice Championship team to Fir Park. Leeds, Cardiff, Forrest etc. and Now even West Ham or Blackpool would be nice. A wee trip abroad would do us wonders aswell (To make up for the not being in Europe aspect) ;)

We should organise a Lanarkshire Cup tourney with Hackies , Albion Rovers , and Clyde.

It could be done over a couple of weekends and midweeks with each team playing the other in a league format.

With their recent promotion to the 2nd Division maybe rovers can attract some dissafected smeltic fans ! :evilgrin:

• Like 2

With Rangers playing Chelsea on the 3rd Saturday of the SPL season I wonder if we will take the opportunity to reschedule a league match in order to accomodate a glamour friendly against Bradford.

Whit? That is nonsense. Hell mend them if they have a fixture scheduling headache come the end of the season.

CRUSADERS V MOTHERWELL 15/7/2006

Bus,Boat and an almighty piss up on the Shore road made this one of the best pre-season friendlies ever so i vote for a tour 'over the water'

totally agree................best pre season ever, what a day out that was

loadsa pics, nice scenery and some nice local bands :ph34r:

remember, playing scottish teams and picking up any red cards stays on the record and adds to disciplinary points

my preference would be Carlisle, Hartlepool, M'boro, Hull - something like that so thats its easy to go to.

Hearts played Millwall last year and took 000s to the game, and as far as I know, they are in talks with Newcastle for a game down there - i would love us to get a game where we can take a great support and have a great day out - i just cant see a close by attractive option

Slightly off topic but in one of these friendlies id like to see Hump playing behind Sutton or whoever or big striker is ala Rooney (only not as good). The big man wins the ball & Hump picks up the knock down & he's charging straight at their central defence plus his shooting is better than his crossing. Just try it in one meaningless friendly just to see if it would work.

Wev played him upfront before against St Mirren and he was gash.

Also, I don't think his shooting is better than his crosses, I think they are both the same kick. The only reason you think its better is because you have noticed he's scored a couple of goals in the last few months. He's also put in a couple of decent crosses too, and muffed a fair amount of shots.

That Scott Burns fella is claiming Ajax are trying to arrange friendlies with Aberdeen and Hearts. Not sure how these work financially but if possible we should be all over that as well.

Nah. Would rather keep our 100% winning record against Ajax :)

A wee trip to Sunderland or Newcastle would be good. Not too far and a fair chance of taking a decent support. But probably going to get another we trip to Stenny. Or probably friendlies against the clubs we have loaned players to.

Not really that bothered as long as we are ready for the 23rd of July. Getting my season ticket tomorrow :rolleyes:

Wev played him upfront before against St Mirren and he was gash.

Also, I don't think his shooting is better than his crosses, I think they are both the same kick. The only reason you think its better is because you have noticed he's scored a couple of goals in the last few months. He's also put in a couple of decent crosses too, and muffed a fair amount of shots.

But wasn't he just allround gash at the point? If my memory serves me right he came onto a bit of form after the St Mirren game.

And by jings there's loads of people living in dreamland here with some of the friendlies that are being mentioned. When was the last time Motherwell played a friendly against a team that wasn't in the Scottish lower divisions or the highland league? See no reason for it to be any different this year especially with the shortened pre season. Oh and just looking at the SPL friendlies already announced there's a good chance we'll play Livingston as every other team seems to have them lined up.

The season before last (Wigan)?

This was cancelled for reasons I can't recall. However at the start of Season 2008-2009 we played Preston, Bradford, and Wolves at Fir Park. Two draws and a win if memory serves me correctly.