Community Ownership

Spiderpig

Disappointed I couldnt make the meeting cos I have high hopes for this idea. Usual dissenters of course but without any sign of another benefactor, and personally I wouldn't welcome one anyway, this is a right good chance to have the club positioned as a 'real' community' club. I know the soundbites have been made in the past and at times it seems anything but, but this is our chance to have the club returned to us, the fans, those who want to see it prosper and play their part in our future. I don't actually see that there is any alternative, we need our fanbase to get behind this as much as they did the Well Worth Saving campaign.

We will always have those who just want to go along on Saturdays and have no more involvement after the final whistle, each to their own but I would hope that enough of us will realise what a massive opportunity this is for fans to make a real difference in the way the club operates. We fuck this up and quite conceivably we don't have Saturdays to look forward to for very much longer. I personally think it's that important. If we do fuck it up then finger of blame will point straight back at those who didn't support it when the chance was there. Up to us as a fanbase, get yirsels behind it cos this is maybe the only chance we'll get to have our club run on anything like our terms.

• Like 5

kind of sums up what I've been thinking but those who post they can't be arsed with it are entitled to do so they just won't entitled to criticise those who do (IMO)

Some good posts today on the subject.

I have no problem with folk who can't contribute or buy into the scheme - to many £300, even in staggered installments, is a lot of dosh.

I have no problem either with folk who are simply paying customers who are seeking value for money. Each to their own as Fatcalf rightly said. However if they don't buy in they will have no right to criticise those who do or to criticise the club if things don't go well on or off the field.

It was made quite plain on Monday evening by the Directors that this isn't a "Whats in it for me scheme", despite the incentives on offer. Its a scheme for those who want to help the club by putting their money where their mouth is. A fair proportion of those who attend matches are diehard fans and it is at them that this scheme is aimed. As Fatcalf said albeit in different words, its our club and the ball is in our court. However each to their own and no-one should be castigated simply for not contributing.

• Like 1

Agreed; very good points you make, Fatcalf.

But, I'd like to add more.

No organisation, not least a football club, can be perfect, but under Leann, I have seen many improvements at the club. Of course I will disagree with certain things; notably the club's (and reportedly Strathclyde Police's) stance regarding travel to Vlore.

Whilst I agree that not everyone can find an extra GBP 300 this year; pricing for junior membership is spot on.

Of course we can compain about stewarding, the state of the East Stand, the behaviour of the East Stand; yes I did sit very close to Wullie who lives in Embra. When I took a Lancaster fan he thought it was a convention of the Tourette's Society.....8)

But these issues are more external- I've mentioned a few times that the attendances more reflect the fact that the ground is under 20km from Glasgow. Hindsight is a great thing; but the notion that we would ever become 'the third force' was literally (and no pun intended) fantastic.

I do think there's a quiet realism about this initiative and as pioneers it won't be easy. But having lived in Stenhousemuir and worked at Grangemouth, I am very happy we are not Falkirk.....

Just my renminbi.

SD

Agreed; very good points you make, Fatcalf.

But, I'd like to add more.

No organisation, not least a football club, can be perfect, but under Leann, I have seen many improvements at the club. Of course I will disagree with certain things; notably the club's (and reportedly Strathclyde Police's) stance regarding travel to Vlore.

Whilst I agree that not everyone can find an extra GBP 300 this year; pricing for junior membership is spot on.

Of course we can compain about stewarding, the state of the East Stand, the behaviour of the East Stand; yes I did sit very close to Wullie who lives in Embra. When I took a Lancaster fan he thought it was a convention of the Tourette's Society.....8)

But these issues are more external- I've mentioned a few times that the attendances more reflect the fact that the ground is under 20km from Glasgow. Hindsight is a great thing; but the notion that we would ever become 'the third force' was literally (and no pun intended) fantastic.

I do think there's a quiet realism about this initiative and as pioneers it won't be easy. But having lived in Stenhousemuir and worked at Grangemouth, I am very happy we are not Falkirk.....

Just my renminbi.

SD

whats the vlore thing ?:lol:

Was there any mention of when this was due to be implemented i.e when are they looking at actually receiving fees from people. I'd be quite interested in joining up even though with the current exchange rate it will end up costing me more than the intial sign up fee. But as i can't make the games anymore it's a way that i can at least contribute something to keep the club merrily chugging along. :locomotive:

Was there any mention of when this was due to be implemented i.e when are they looking at actually receiving fees from people.

not a specific date mentioned, but they are hopeful that payments can start to be taken in for November/December this year.

it was mentioned that they await the FSA approval of IPS documentation, then they want things to gain momentum fairly quickly having been frustrated by all the background work that has delayed getting to even this stage.

its always good to hear that the ex-pats are showing interest in supporting the club financially :drinks:

not a specific date mentioned, but they are hopeful that payments can start to be taken in for November/December this year.

it was mentioned that they await the FSA approval of IPS documentation, then they want things to gain momentum fairly quickly having been frustrated by all the background work that has delayed getting to even this stage.

its always good to hear that the ex-pats are showing interest in supporting the club financially :drinks:

Thanks for the info i'll keep my eyes peeled for future updates.

By Christ, the lazy bastards aren't even trying to hide it now. :doh:

Aye, those quotes are something else. Similar to when posters were getting quoted on the front page of the Motherwell Times after the Hibs fans tried some nonsense in the Town Centre at the start of the year. Journalism from your desk 101.

I remember getting the Trust set up and moving from WWS was a logistical nightmare, months would go by with nothing to report. Haven't a clue why these things take so long but it's certainly frustrating for those involved. Fingers crossed it's not too long cos once the momentum is lost in these things it's very difficult to crank it up again, the Trust suffered badly through the delay in finalising their transition IMO and it wasn't their fault in any way

• Like 1

Absolutely! Plus, in my case, that the standard of the local football is pretty dire. (I resisted the temptation to comment on country population size versus national success in the Levein thread.....).

And, I'd rather watch live bands at Yuyintang on a Saturday night than watch the EPL in the pub.....:cheers:

SD

I will definately be joining this scheme. At the moment I am between the £300 and £1000 options.

Se if we raise the £1.5m warchest that we are talking about and we get in to the top six and don't need to use it, I presume that this money will be in a bank account accruing interest. Does that mean if we have 3 good seasons we will have more than £1.5 million in the warchest? Sorry if this seems naive but I don't know how these things work. :cheers:

I didn't manage along to the meeting and don't think this has been asked anywhere else to my knowledge!

Do we actually personally receive shares in the club if we invest?

Might not sound important but I would much rather have shares than a certificate and a DVD of the seasons goals!

I didn't manage along to the meeting and don't think this has been asked anywhere else to my knowledge!

Do we actually personally receive shares in the club if we invest?

Might not sound important but I would much rather have shares than a certificate and a DVD of the seasons goals!

Don't think we become shareholders through this, members of the exclusive club that holds shares on our behalf is perhaps a reasonable explanation.

If anyone has any problems with being quoted on the STV websites or indeed any other media outlet, please let me know. The forum is part of public record however, and anything that is said on here is out there and fair game for being quoted. :thumbup:

If anyone has any problems with being quoted on the STV websites or indeed any other media outlet, please let me know. The forum is part of public record however, and anything that is said on here is out there and fair game for being quoted. :thumbup:

Think the issue is more with lazy bastard journos than anyone being quoted as such. Get out and find out about things for yourself you shower of fuds. And you can quote me on that tae! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I will definately be joining this scheme. At the moment I am between the £300 and £1000 options.

Se if we raise the £1.5m warchest that we are talking about and we get in to the top six and don't need to use it, I presume that this money will be in a bank account accruing interest. Does that mean if we have 3 good seasons we will have more than £1.5 million in the warchest? Sorry if this seems naive but I don't know how these things work. :cheers:

That's my understanding, if we manage to avoid "cashflow issues" during a season, then our investment is not used and i'm guessing allowed to gain interest over that period.

With interest rates being so piss poor, I wouldnt bet on that cash making any significant gains anytime soon.