Community Ownership

Spiderpig

Am I the only one that wouldn't dream about pishing away £300+ on some sort of 'feel good' trip?

I'm with you LD - i would never dream of paying that kind of money. It pains me enough to paythat for my season ticket!

I have a family who need fed and watered - after that, I want a new fridge and my dishwasher is broken (no not the missus!!)

some people piss £300 up against the wall in a weekend - but to me now, its an astonomical amount of money that will not be leaving my bank and heading towards Fir Park

I'll wait until further details are released, but it's going to have to be something pretty outstanding for me to hand over £300 quid. Just seems like an excuse for the club to squeeze even more cash out of their small but loyal support.

Hope I'm wrong.

Whit happens if you want your £300 quid back?

I hope the club have taken into consideration the possibilty of a downturn in other areas. While some people may splash out the £300 it may be at the expense of a new shirt, or even a season ticket.

Not everybody can afford to lay out that kind of cash without cutting back elsewhere.

I hope the club have taken into consideration the possibilty of a downturn in other areas. While some people may splash out the £300 it may be at the expense of a new shirt, or even a season ticket.

Not everybody can afford to lay out that kind of cash without cutting back elsewhere.

Bugger me, something you've written I agree with, never thought I'd see the day.

Who are you and what have you done with theLip?

I just don't get all this negative talk, I'm sure the club are well aware that a lot of fans will not be able to pay £300 or more but they will also be aware that there are some who will and intend to target these people/businesses to help secure the future of the club. FFS there are some guys out there who wouldn't miss £5000! So if the club can get them to part with the money lets get behind this idea.

I don't go to every game but I will look at the proposals and if I can afford it and think it has been done correctly to the long term benefit of the club I'll join not because it makes me a better supporter than those who don't but because at this moment I'm lucky enough to be able to consider doing so and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

I for one appreciate the guys that go week in week out, putting their money into the club - either paying at the gate or buying a season ticket - for various reason I don't but in my view this is a way that I can help the club.

If we don't try this what is the alternative? go back to JB and say thanks for the shares and the free hold to the ground but could you now stick £750,000 into an account for us before you go?

Problem with that is you could be looking at paying more than £300, and if that price is putting people off then a bit extra on top of that to cover interest would certainly kill any interest stone dead.

I appreciate your point however on balance if people want to invest in their club the prospect of forking out the £300 in one go could be a deal breaker whereas the option to pay it up would help them.

Obviously there will still be people who just cannot or will not pay £300 but then that also rings true with the season ticket scenario.

The rates charged for ST are very good e.g. £290 (Adult Cooper Stand) is £325.80 total less than £9 a week is more affordable than £290 up front.

As I say it is all about peoples desire/willingness/ability ti get involved perhaps this would open it up to more people.

Although as you aren't buying an item for immeadiate use or getting access to a product or service (that we know of at the moment) a monthy subscription/direct debit without the likes of Zebra Finance and further interest payments has got to be an option as well.

Although as you aren't buying an item for immediate use or getting access to a product or service (that we know of at the moment) a monthly subscription/direct debit without the likes of Zebra Finance and further interest payments has got to be an option as well.

Certainly a possibility I agree only consideration with that is that Zebra or A N Other Finance would provide those funds immediately to the club and collect back form the customer whereas a monthly subscription direct to the club means the total funds are not realised until the end of the subscription period.

I'm sure (or at least would like to think ) someone at the club who knows more than either of us about this will have considered these possibilities..............won't they ?

since there is no major rush for this money (unlike season ticket money which we need to operate) it could surely be paid in a direct debit directly from punter to club.

I cant see the club being happy with any amount of this cash being tied up in monthly direct debits, so it's much more likely to be financed.

I cant see the club being happy with any amount of this cash being tied up in monthly direct debits, so it's much more likely to be financed.

By the same token though, the club would surely be happier having £300 from someone spread across across 4 months interest free, as is the case currently with the standing order option for buying a season ticket, than having no contribution at all.

Using the season ticket sales as an example as its broadly in line with what an adult might currently pay for the East Stand there are a variety of ways you can buy immediately by cash, debit or credit card. Standing order interest free over 4 months, or a finance option over a longer period. Whilst your end "product" is perhaps different given these options already exist and would appear to work reasonably well I can't see why they wouldn't replicate the same terms for your "share".

Selling season tickets is a different ball game from making financial investments.

Most accounts with high interest yields are built around the "lump sum" investor therefore it would be more profitable for the club to invest the total sum, rather than say 60 or 70% of it with the rest coming in on monthly deposits.

That's the reason I think any payment plans will be financed.

you looking at this as an investment Lip, hoping to cash it in for huge profits with all this talk of comparing it to high interest yielding accounts?

or are you just struggling with reality in your quest to downcry it at evey opportunity

I prefer my analogy of joining a club e.g a golf club/bowling club/Football & Athletic club

you are putting in your money because you want the club to be successful and you want to be a part of it, helping steer it as you go

sure their might be opportunities to withdraw but I dont think even if there were anyone should be considering any return on investment other than an emotional one

you looking at this as an investment Lip, hoping to cash it in for huge profits with all this talk of comparing it to high interest yielding accounts?

or are you just struggling with reality in your quest to downcry it at evey opportunity

I prefer my analogy of joining a club e.g a golf club/bowling club/Football & Athletic club

you are putting in your money because you want the club to be successful and you want to be a part of it, helping steer it as you go

sure their might be opportunities to withdraw but I dont think even if there were anyone should be considering any return on investment other than an emotional one

No, I'm not looking at it as an investment, but I'm pretty sure the club will.

I would expect them to have that money working for them while it's doing nothing, and for any interest accrued to go to the club. Surely that makes sense, or would you rather they stuck it under the mattress until they needed it?

I haven't downcried it at all, I dont know enough about it to make any informed comment, and neither does anyone else. I have criticised the way the club has handled it so far, but that's it.

If, and at the moment it's a massive huge if, I choose to spent my £300, or more, on a share, I will consider that the end of the transaction.

It will be an investment in the club it's up to them what they do with it, but I would hope that financial prudence would see them invest it sensibly to earn as much as possible, for the club, through a high yield low risk account.

I think you should try reading peoples posts properly rather than trying to read between the lines and lumping your prejudices on other people. The key line in my post which should have given you a clue as to what I meant was...... it would be more profitable for the club to invest the total sum, rather than say 60 or 70% of it with the rest

• 4 weeks later...