Community Ownership

Spiderpig

The plan now doesn't seem like one member, one vote but rather one member, one vote for a small part of the board. I thought we were going to elect the full board of directors through the membership and have control of the club through democratic means, that doesn't look likely now.

If Boyle is gifting his share, worth 75%, to the fans then the fans should elect 75% of the board. This looks like democracy lite and not what John Boyle led most people to believe and definitely not as palatable. You are essentially parting with your hard earned cash to be part of a group that have no power to run the club, what's the point?

aye if the ordinary fans are the ones putting in all the capital then we should have control of the board. no taxation without representation.

"It is expected that two out of five or six board members would be elected by their votes and that is a measure of how fundamental will be supporters' input."

In other words, she doesn't know, she isn't even sure how many board members there will be.

To be frank, the shambolic and amateurish way the club has gone about this whole project is causing me to question the advisability of investing funds with them.

She won't be the one drawing up the details, so no worries on that score.

It's about time you buried that personal vendetta - the record is well and truly worn out.

How about you comment on the actual plan when the time comes?

4190 attended the first game of the season, this being the first game back after the Cup final, if folk canny get themselves up for going to the game, how the hell does anyone realistically expect them to part with what could be around £300.

I know that it's all speculation until we get proper plans to look at, but looking at the way this has been dealt with up till now by the spokesperson..........I canny help but thinking about Zoom Airlines.

She won't be the one drawing up the details, so no worries on that score.

It's about time you buried that personal vendetta - the record is well and truly worn out.

How about you comment on the actual plan when the time comes?

It's not about any vendetta, I just think the club should keep these things to themselves until such a time as they have something of value to report.

The continual flow of, for want of a better word, pish, from the board does nothing to help, it merely feeds the rumour mill surrounding this project.

It's a distinct possibility that, by the time we eventually get the proposal put in front of us, some people may have already made their minds up and walked away from it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Leeann

I was hoping you might be able to give an update on the clubs plans for community ownership. Even an update on when we can expect to hear full details would be appreciated.

The community ownership vision has the potential to be an exciting opportunity for Motherwell FC and all those connected to it in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/08/26/open-meeting-%e2%80%93-monday-5th-september/

Hopefully an interesting link for you all to read.

Get your questions ready for the 5th September and don't worry if you can't make this meeting, there will be others announced throughout September and early October.

See you on the 5th.

Leeann

For those who don't think that £750,000 could be raised by a couple of thousand 'Well fans check this out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/aug/19/pub-saved-community-spirit-reopens

under 300 folk have paid between £250 and £20,000 - raising £300,000 - to keep a village pub open. So if they can do it why can't we raise the money for our club?

Still waiting for the details but I'm hopeful that this will work.

Would you pay "£250 - £20,000" to vote on who goes on the board or what colour the walls should be painted?

I'll pass thanks.

Hopefully people wont be "paying" but loaning any money which - if it like a friendly society - they would be doing, then they can always have the option to withdraw their money at a future date.

Anyway it great to see you have an open mind when it comes to the future of the team you support. :doh:

Don't worry mate, it won't be compulsory.

It should be, a sliding scale of moaning c***s on here should have to contribute a specific amount to be able to bitch and moan about every single aspect of what the club does.

So very true!

I've now wet myself laughing!

There's an ad on tv about women who have bladder leakage when they laugh. Now that ad is for fanny pads but im sure with some modification you could convert them to fit in your jocks. Might want to change them regularly though coz you don't want to smell of pish.

There's an ad on tv about women who have bladder leakage when they laugh. Now that ad is for fanny pads but im sure with some modification you could convert them to fit in your jocks. Might want to change them regularly though coz you don't want to smell of pish.

Exactly the kind of 'fans' I was referring too.

Perhaps you should take some time out.

• Like 1