New Strip

something else

Unfortunately we are currently having problems with our Payment Vendor online meaning orders are being processed properly. We hope to resolve this problem soon. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to phone the shop with any order until 1pm today, and then from 9.30am on Monday. 01698 338025.

I kind of like it, but will be interesting to see just how "silver" it really is... whoever lit the photo has made sure there isn't a hint of shininess to be seen, so they do just look a bit like they've been chucked in the black wash without a Colour Catcher :P

As for the collar... not a big fan either, but looking around the other kits and manufacturers, 70's retro unfortunately just appears to be the fashion this year.

Motorpoint sponsors logo on the players shorts, wonder if this will be on the replica shorts as well?

I wouldn't imagine so, we had the short sponsor last season and it wasn't on the replica.

Must admit I was a bit disappointed when the players ran out and i discovered there was no hoop on the shirt. I just assumed that was the case. Must've missed the uproar on here about it :P

Personally meaningless. I wasn't around in 1970. Retro to me is the early 90's

So as HC says, not meaningless, just because it means nothing to you doesn't mean a thing. Early 90s retro hasn't even been invented yet. Need to wait another decade for that I'd imagine. In fact was anything created then that might be worth calling retro in the future?

So as HC says, not meaningless, just because it means nothing to you doesn't mean a thing. Early 90s retro hasn't even been invented yet. Need to wait another decade for that I'd imagine. In fact was anything created then that might be worth calling retro in the future?

That's one of my problems with the whole current "retro" trend. No-one's creating any identity for now. History and memories are great, but that's exactly why trying to re-introduce it can be counter-productive if too much hinges on it. We should be creating tomorrow's history, otherwise in 10/20/30 years time, right now will just be a big gap with nothing unique to date it.

Sure it might end up being something that people don't like...but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lots of people think the jester kit and the Dortmund kit were horrendous, but they mark a time in our history that people can identify and relate to. I worry that with too much focus on today's history, tomorrow won't have one of it's own.

Well, it does mean a thing, it means I have no interest in buying it... which was my point.

I have been wanting our early 90's Hummell home top for years, Thats Motherwell to me... with Arnott, Coyne or O'Donnell on the back. Never going to happen.

That's one of my problems with the whole current "retro" trend. No-one's creating any identity for now. History and memories are great, but that's exactly why trying to re-introduce it can be counter-productive if too much hinges on it. We should be creating tomorrow's history, otherwise in 10/20/30 years time, right now will just be a big gap with nothing unique to date it.

Sure it might end up being something that people don't like...but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lots of people think the jester kit and the Dortmund kit were horrendous, but they mark a time in our history that people can identify and relate to. I worry that with too much focus on today's history, tomorrow won't have one of it's own.

I personally think its time we had a home kit without a band or hoop, just for a year. Last time we did it, it was one of my favourite kits we have had.

I personally think its time we had a home kit without a band or hoop, just for a year. Last time we did it, it was one of my favourite kits we have had.

motherwell_2000-2002-fg.gif

Bland Xara template. IMHO......the hoop/band claret and amber is our identity as a club.

The kits produced by Puma over the last 2 seasons have been the best kits for decades.......credit to Provan sports ...........long may it continue !!!!!

Nothing's being created now cos no-one has any good new ideas. Therefore retro is in cos all the designers have lost their way. 90s retro will never catch on for the same reason, Humming Hummel the perfect example. The 70s kits aren't just retro to me, they are classic designs which still look good today therefore are still worthy of being reproduced, Hummel's didn't even look good at the time.

I'd agree that now and again we should leave the band/hoop off the kit for a change but am wary because I remember the mid-70s when we lost it for ages to the extent some fans even questioned whetther it could be called traditional cos it was gone for so long. For the record I am also a big fan of the Sash Wullie P wore, and the plain jersey Joe Wark wore when I first remember seeing him in 1970