New Strip

something else

why would you expect that when it's already been announced it'll be an early august release.

If you read back, the home strip was launched on the 28th of June and at that time the statement read: -

"The new PUMA 2011/2012 away kit will be showcased in the next few weeks with an early August release."

I heard all the players are going to be packing bags in Asda this week to raise money for the new away tops.

do you believe everything you hear? I'd really struggle to believe that.

:lol:

No. Freaking. Way.

That's easily the best post I've ever seen. It's the word "struggle" that makes me lol out loud.

:lol:

• Like 1

why would you expect that when it's already been announced it'll be an early august release.

Go on, read my post again and you'll see the word "unveiled"! I I dare you

Late July go be unveiled, few weeks for fans to talk/moan about it and release early august

Hi Guys,

Sorry we haven't been able to give anything concrete regarding the launch. We had been dotting some i's and crossing some t's over the last few weeks. Everything is falling into place now with delivery times etc. We have had all the first team kit delivered so there is no panic as regards Craggs having to play bare chested Saturday :D

The retail kit is due to arrive very soon and I will be able to announce a launch date when I get the final delivery schedule which should happen tomorrow.

We haven't been deliberately keeping you in the dark but we have been unable to say anything definite. Rest assured we have been working very hard with Puma to ensure as early a launch date as possible. Information regarding the launch will be on the official site first and of course we will post here soon after that.

Thanks for your patience

Alan Provan

The Well Shop

• Like 2

Can't help but think that this will turn out to be anoth missed commercial opportunity - how many fans (kids & adults) would have loved to have the new top on their backs for the season starting? You would never see either of the old squirm go into a season without the fans being able to purchase the new kits!

Can't help but think that this will turn out to be anoth missed commercial opportunity - how many fans (kids & adults) would have loved to have the new top on their backs for the season starting?

I doubt it will affect the overall number sold.

Can't help but think that this will turn out to be anoth missed commercial opportunity - how many fans (kids & adults) would have loved to have the new top on their backs for the season starting? You would never see either of the old squirm go into a season without the fans being able to purchase the new kits!

I can see where you are coming from on this but I think a little additional information may help. Any delay in launching a kit will have a financial impact. This has to be weighed up against securing a solid sponsorship deal for the club which has much greater implications. Leeann Dempster and her team have worked hard to secure a great deal with Cash Converters. This deal was signed up and announed in late May and the shirts were put into production then but this is a slow process. If we were able to bring them out any earlier we would have as we are more than aware of the commercial implications.

When looking at the financial effect of such situations, the big picture has to be taken into account and I believe that the club have done the right thing here for the overall financial well being of the club.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1