New Strip

something else

Nothing's being created now cos no-one has any good new ideas.

I’m always willing to have a go! laugh.gif

The problem is that most football kits are now based on brand templates. At least when you add the claret hoop to a template it makes it a bit more unique, something the teams who play in “painted by number” kits don’t have.

In an ideal world we would have bespoke home and away kits each year. Of course this doesn’t guarantee a design masterpiece as Killie have shown by this years home effort. They are one of the few sides who go down the bespoke route and in my opinion their kits tend to look a bit fussy. Their home top this year is a perfect example of a kit that has been over designed. In my opinion the blue graduated stripes just look daft when a proper solid stripe does the job much better.

63uj9z.jpg

The claret away with the amber pinstripe and the Pony home with the hoop would be worth resurrecting from the 90s but the rest were a bit meh. Wouldn't be averse to the jester top as long as the shorts were one solid colour

Bizarrely I'm a fan of the quartered shirt which used to be common in rugby, a C&A hooped shirt would also tick many boxes, again common in rugby

Nothing's being created now cos no-one has any good new ideas. Therefore retro is in cos all the designers have lost their way.

Come on, quality aside the Canterburry away top was first class. The sheer volume of punters on here talking it up (looks wise) should surely raise enough heads at the club and kit designers to use that as a template.

• Like 1

The kits produced by Puma over the last 2 seasons have been the best kits for decades.......credit to Provan sports ...........long may it continue !!!!!

See my answer above. Although I haven't bought a puma kit so can't comment on the quality aspect, only the looks.

motherwell_2000-2002-fg.gif

Bland Xara template. IMHO......the hoop/band claret and amber is our identity as a club.

The kits produced by Puma over the last 2 seasons have been the best kits for decades.......credit to Provan sports ...........long may it continue !!!!!

That's the one. I loved it. Was nice and simple, we wore it for two seasons so I identified with it. It was really good quality too. I have a signed one (with Faddy) hanging above my bed.

Of course the band/hoop is part of our identity but in order to have an original strip each year we have to go at least one season without it. The past four or five seasons home kits have all been pretty much been the same and it just pisses you off when your slightly different shirt is out of date within a year.

We aren't going to lose our identity overnight if we go one season without a band/hoop. Could we compromise with a band on the back??

Could we compromise with a band on the back??

Seriously? That would look ridiculous in my opinion.

I don't see how you don't think it's possible to vary the shirt every year without having to resort to such measures.

It's like changing our home strip to not be claret & amber for a season. Pointless and unnecessary.

Seriously? That would look ridiculous in my opinion.

I don't see how you don't think it's possible to vary the shirt every year without having to resort to such measures.

It's like changing our home strip to not be claret & amber for a season. Pointless and unnecessary.

Or meaningless even :whistling:

Bizarrely I'm a fan of the quartered shirt which used to be common in rugby

Funnily enough, Bristol Rovers have just released their new quartered home and away. A style that has been pretty much their signature design since the 1930s. Not sure how it would look in C&A mind you.

5efpjn.jpg

Funnily enough, Bristol Rovers have just released their new quartered home and away. A style that has been pretty much their signature design since the 1930s. Not sure how it would look in C&A mind you.

5efpjn.jpg

I'm sure it would be a stoater, we had a leisure shirt years back like that. Like that collar tae.

That's one of my favourite jerseys. Used to be my smoking top back on the day, so its a bit of a teabag now. There's also a few birds been banged in it as well.

Theres an idea for a new thread. Girlfriends, Wives, Whores in their sexiest Motherwell kit poses. That's next years calendar sorted.

Or meaningless even :whistling:

Gonnae stop highlighting that you missed my point? I said meaningless because a 70's kit isn't for me, I was born in the 80's, I never said it was a bad idea and that other, older, fans can't merry themselves wearing it.

Gaag - No I'm not serious, a band round the back would look awful.

What I will say in support of the band/hoop... it does make our template a little unique from other clubs with the same template. I do love it but I wouldn't be too unhappy if it was absent, for once, next season - then back again the year after... that is all.

Maybe time the purists took a back seat for once and let us creative youngsters do our thing whistling.gif

May I remind you of the popularity of our 1991 hoopless/bandless shirt

• Like 1

May I remind you of the popularity of our 1991 hoopless/bandless shirt

You can indeed. But I'd counter that by saying its retained its popularity because of who wore it and what was achieved wearing it rather than for its design.

And besides what happened to that shirt the very next season......they stuck a band on it!! :laugh:

Gonnae stop highlighting that you missed my point? I said meaningless because a 70's kit isn't for me, I was born in the 80's, I never said it was a bad idea and that other, older, fans can't merry themselves wearing it.

That is a fuckin' bite that is, a whopper at that. :lol:

• Like 1

And totally intended in that manner since you dissed my 'retro' values. Happy to claim it in a juvenile fashion as well. :woop:

I'm taking that bait too. I'm not dissing your retro values, I have some of my own and I'm all for fans wearing retro shirts, I just don't want one.

I've ended up deciding to buy this years home top, last kit I got was our bukta kit when we finished 3rd, It's gone walkabouts so it's time for a new one and in this case..... quite glad it'l have a band whistling.gif

I'm taking that bait too. I'm not dissing your retro values, I have some of my own and I'm all for fans wearing retro shirts, I just don't want one.

I've ended up deciding to buy this years home top, last kit I got was our bukta kit when we finished 3rd, It's gone walkabouts so it's time for a new one and in this case..... quite glad it'l have a band whistling.gif

Ah wisnae even trying there :laugh:

125th for me, and ah don't usually buy tops. Probs no' even wear it but nice addition tae the collection.:thumbup: