Club Investigation Into The Buses

TigerWoodsMFC

Giving MFC the benefit of the doubt re doubling of price of bus travel for final,compared to semi final

Hope it's the case that the bus companies have hiked up prices&MFC haven't been profiteering at their own fans expense

If so it's ridiculous considering the money they stated the club would make from final alone(approx £500,000,by their own estimates)

Giving MFC the benefit of the doubt re doubling of price of bus travel for final,compared to semi final

Hope it's the case that the bus companies have hiked up prices&MFC haven't been profiteering at their own fans expense

If so it's ridiculous considering the money they stated the club would make from final alone(approx £500,000,by their own estimates)

Don't get me wrong I think the Club would have been wringing their hands in glee at the money coming in but I'd be very surprised if they made half a million just from the Cup Final.

The other buses running from Motherwell (e.g. JDs) all seemed to be a fiver a head. I can understand the bus company hiking the price up a bit, but doubling it? Seems like shameless profiteering to me.

• Like 1

I ran 2 49 seater buses from Motherwell United Services at a cost of £5 for adults and £3 for kids.We had more than enough to cover the cost. We left at 12.45 and got parked at the Florida Park Pub at 1.25 which was great as the rain wasn't too heavy at that time and managed to enjoy the build up in the stadium.

I was on a mini-bus which left from Overtown Community centre. The guy who ran it lives in my street and I knew most of the people on it. He'd ran it to the two semis before and it was £7 for adults and £5 for kids. There was a good bit of banter on the way in, especially when we passed the Cross Keys in Wishaw. We followed the buses infront of us and ended up at the next to the Victoria Hospital. When walking to the game Celtic casuals appeared from nowhere and tried to have a fight with the 'Well fan. They were herded to the other side of the street by the coppers so it didn't really kick off. The rain didn't really put a dampner on things for me until the 2nd goal went in to be honest. For me personally, I seen it as a great day out apart from the result and as the saying goes, there's always next year

I think the bus companies will have hiked their price and motherwell tentatively booked them before the semi (I know cos our BB leader couldn't get one for our trip) so they will have been charged for that too no doubt. Whereas when the JD buses were booked we were already through.

I don't think this is the Clubs fault at all. It's the Polis who didn't let the official buses into the Hampden car park when they clearly should have. That's where we were supposed to have been dropped off and picked up. If they'd let us go where we were supposed to then there would have been no confusion about pick up points and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

After not being directed to where they should have I'm sure the drivers and stewards told folk where they thought they were going to be picked up in good faith.

As for buses leaving early well that's just not on. It clearly said buses wouldn't leave until 6pm and that should have been the case, even if the bus appeared full. If you're not there for 6pm then its on yer own back. How hard is that? :wallbash:

Hampden is a fuckin disgrace of a project. It's a shite stadium built for stupid money - primarily on old terracing in the middle of a fucking huge housing estate.

Every visit there (apart from the semi) is a fuckin remake of planes trains and automobiles and almost always ends up in transport / parking / police traffic disasters.

• Like 3

I can't help but wonder if this had happend to the old scum fans it would be all over the press, mind you I also think if the bus company wouldn't take the piss out of the old scum anyway

Was told the semi buses were subsidised to attract punters along to the match.

that's balls to be honest.

our bus was in the region of £200 for a 52 seater & I doubt the club would have been charged 500 quid for the same size of coach.

If they did they were totally ripped off.

Hampden is a fuckin disgrace of a project. It's a shite stadium built for stupid money - primarily on old terracing in the middle of a fucking huge housing estate.

Every visit there (apart from the semi) is a fuckin remake of planes trains and automobiles and almost always ends up in transport / parking / police traffic disasters.

Makes you wonder how on earth it achieved 5 Stars status :blush:

• 3 weeks later...