The "being Offensive At The Fitba' Bill"

john_M_F_C

Are they intending on hauling out 5000 fans at football games (for an example, the majority of the green brigade), or just ignoring the mass of fans and targeting one person every few months?

At a meeting to explain how the law will work, the SNP minister Roseanna Cunningham said it was the rise in anti-catholic crime that was the driving force behind the new bill, so it will be business as usual for the GB next season as they have all had there ST's renewed again.The campaign to smear anyone who doesn't follow Celtic as a rabid anti-catholic bigot seems to be working,so instead of hitting the OF, the government seem to be going after every football fan in Scotland.

Is it just football fans that are to be targeted or will comedians also get hauled off for being offensive too? After all, jokes are offensive to st least someone (usually the subject of the joke) on some level. Also, if comedians ARE to be subject to the same rules as the rest of us can we haul away Lenny Henry first? PLEASE?

• Like 1

Is it just football fans that are to be targeted or will comedians also get hauled off for being offensive too? After all, jokes are offensive to st least someone (usually the subject of the joke) on some level. Also, if comedians ARE to be subject to the same rules as the rest of us can we haul away Lenny Henry first? PLEASE?

Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening

Communications (Scotland) Bill

Unfortunately i don't think Lenny is covered by this bill but you have definitely broke the trades description act calling him a comedian.

I think it depends on if they are scum or not

if they are scum then it's just a statement of fact but if there not you could argue it's just a term of endearment

or if you call them scum and the happen to follow one of the old firm then the police arrest you and the papers will write nasty thing about you and the club you support

This "Law" just gets more and more bizarre from the Daily Retard today

Community safety minister Roseanna Cunningham told MSPs it would be "glib" to rule out prosecutions for singing God Save The Queen or Rule Britannia, either in or near grounds or in pubs.

And she warned that fans who blessed themselves in an "aggressive" manner could also face jail.

My question is how does one bless ones self in an aggresive manner ?

PC Brigade gone fecking mental !

My question is how does one bless ones self in an aggresive manner ?

A few years back Partick's Rod McDonald picked up a second yellow for crossing himself as he left the pitch at half time in a match. The referee perceived it as a slight against the opponents (Rangers, if you must ask). That shows the bias of certain match officials to bend over and 'protect' the Old Firm but also shows the potential for the slightest action being misconstrued or twisted to suit the agenda of any steward or policeman.

On reading the bill, that's not what I interpreted.

If it picks up two or three of the bigots, then I'll be pleased.

there are already laws in existence to pick people up for racist/secatarian BOP.

this new bill basically gives the polis the power to arrest anyone who they deem to be acting in an aggressive or provocative manner at a football game, travelling to a football game or watching a football game. it is a fucking shambles.

I see little difference between sectarianism and racism, and wont be signing.

I wouldn't say that I'm racist. I certainly don't have any issues with any creed, colour or religion.

The issue with this bill is that it's designed to stop the fans on both side of the OF going through their 'Piss the other side aff' songbook. But the Strathclyde's finest will do what they always do - leave them to it.

I don't expect to have carte-blanche to do what I want at the football. Monkey chants and the like are unacceptable. But it will be the fans of us, Killie, St Johnstone, etc that feel the brunt of this law. Again, it's football fans that get the blame for society's ills.

Roseanna Cunningham and her cronies in the Parliament think that by stopping singing at the football when it's on the telly will mean that Sectarianism is gone. SNP has cured Scotland's shame.

Pish!

Out of sight - out of mind.

And it's going to be the ordinary punter. Level-headed folk like you and me who go to the Football and have a wee rant and rave about the game will be huckled and face a fine, a banning order or jail if we call ICT fans or players a Teuchter with "an aggravating factor".

Disgraceful!

:angry:

• Like 1

Stupid knee jerk laws like this being rushed oot is exactly why I don't want independence for Scotland.

We need a second chamber where bills are ratified before being implemented straight away.

I don't agree with the second chamber being made up of lords and unelected rich c***s, but we definitely need a second chamber of some sort. Otherwise crackpot shite like this gets rolled out as & when the fancy of the leading party takes them.

I agree with the principle of a second chamber but there is no use in having one if it is filled with nodding dog politicians like the parliament is.

That's why I think the House of Lords is a great thing since its filled with highly educated but eccentric chaps who don't give a shit and don't have to cow tow like career politicians cos they are already loaded. Most of them do so in complete anonymity from a sense of tradition and duty rather than personal gain or careerism.

Provided they are only ratifying bills I don't see why its important that they are elected and as I said earlier think it is an advantage that, although they often nominally belong to political parties, they aren't any where near as party politicized as members of parliament.

As for not wanting independence for Scotland because of knee jerk laws being rushed out that prove to be utter nonsense, well the UK parliament is still miles ahead. The last Labour government introduced 420 laws at Westminster that allowed powers of entry alone, including a law that enables government agencies to check the heights of hedges and confiscate fridges if they do not meet energy rating guidelines.

See, that's what I meant earlier, Craig. I said about the police almost certainly not wading in and arresting anyone out of the heaving mass of slime that is the Old Firm, and will continue picking on the easier folks, in order to meet their targets, but is that not a problem with implementing the law, rather than the bill itself?

funny that Alex Thatcher sorry Salmond has disappeared now that the shit has hit the fan over the bill, I wonder how involved he'll be during there the debate in the Scottish Parliament

I get a funny feeling rather that stop the process and get it right they will include a sunset clause for they can abandon it in a few years and claim that it's been a success

funny that Alex Thatcher sorry Salmond has disappeared now that the shit has hit the fan over the bill, I wonder how involved he'll be during there the debate in the Scottish Parliament

I get a funny feeling rather that stop the process and get it right they will include a sunset clause for they can abandon it in a few years and claim that it's been a success

The tartan Tories patter died out quite some time ago....

well the lib dems and tories delayed the health bill at westminster when it became apparent everyone in the country hated it.

i've got to say i'm disapointed with snp over all of this having voted for them. roseanna cunnigham has shown herself to be fairly incompetent. i hope in future on anything important or high profile salmond keeps his front benchers on a tight leash.