The "being Offensive At The Fitba' Bill"

john_M_F_C

well the lib dems and tories delayed the health bill at westminster when it became apparent everyone in the country hated it.

Did they? Or was it because the threat of a LibDem revolt could have sunk it? I suspect that if the Tories enjoyed a similar majority in Westminster that the SNP has in Holyrood then they would be railroading through whatever suited their agenda and not give the slightest of fucks what anybody thought. The SNP did not need to review this bill to get it through but they have done.

My question is how does one bless ones self in an aggresive manner ?

Have you never seen Shellic fans going into contortions blessing themselves towards us. I think that's pretty much spot on, they look fucking ridiculous but I understand the wording completely. Hilarious to my mind right enough but they do seem to think it winds folk up (and no doubt it does) therefore they do carry it out 'aggressively', more as in an OTT energetic manner I'd say though.

The bill has been dalayed for 6 months to allow criticisms to be considered. Credit to the SNP for swallowing their pride and taking this action. Not sure how many other political parties would have done this.

True.

It's a sad day when politicians are criticized for making the right decision but inevitably he'll get pelters over this.

put a thread about this in the club chat, its not an anti-sectarian bill at all, it's an anit anything that might offend somebody in anyway with anything to do with the football bill.

Ok, but the bill covers sectarian matters.

And it still leaves the mattter of how can the police arrest someone for that sort of song if the are not prepared to say what is or is not sectarian and leave it to the courts to decide? it wont get to the courts unless they arrest someone and they wont do that because they wont say what is or is not sectairian. (and so on add infinitum until it all disappears in black hole created by its own spirtalling nature).. Again sorry for the rant but it just does my head in.

You can't exactly define what is 'sectarian'

The dictionary can though

sectarian [sɛkˈtɛərɪən]

adj

1. of, belonging or relating to, or characteristic of sects or sectaries

2. adhering to a particular sect, faction, or doctrine

3. narrow-minded, esp as a result of rigid adherence to a particular sect

n

a member of a sect or faction, esp one who is bigoted in his adherence to its doctrines or in his intolerance towards other sects, etc.

sectarianism n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003