Chchchchchanges

Yoshi-1991

well, with fir parks days being numbered, whats next for motherwell?? With a move away, what else is going to change? Im sure most of us have thought about it at some point so I want to see what everyones opinion is.

the first obvious question is with the relocation, will the club change the badge? I mean we will no longer be at fir park so having it on the crest would seem a little silly wouldnt it? and if they do that, will they move to change to colours? to somthing more marketable perhaps?

now I know what most of you will be thinking.. "dont be rediculous" "outrage!" "its our history"ect.

but when I thought about it more i started to come round to the idea of some changes.

now as much as we love our C&A colours, what harm would it do to change them? well, I know a number of motherwell fans off hand that dont buy home shirts because they dont like the colours. I have never seen a non motherwell fan wearing a motherwell top. i mean most of us pick out tops from other leugues by colour of design, so to change to apeal to a bigger market would only do good for the club right?

and to the people that say "its our history, tradition, ect". well, whats wrong with making our own history? i mean im not sayin we should remove everything that makes us who we are, but some changes for the better are good. i can imagine when our colours were changed from blue to C&A there was alot of people made unhappy by this, but they got use to it, and now its part of our history.

anyway im interested in finding out what everyone else thinks and feels.

and can you think of any other changes that might come up?

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned, the club badge and colours should stay as is.

Agreed. Our colours are recognisable throughout the UK; believe me as I lived in England for 20 years and if someone noticed your shirt you were one of two things a Well or a Bradford fan...

And if you notice the club have still retained Ravenscraig on the badge even though that was bulldozered years ago. Would be quite apt to keep it if we eventually moved onto that site.

Excellent idea. Lets move ground, change strip and badge. Why not just go the whole hog and change the club name as well. Possibly the stupidest topic ever.

Where has it be said that we are moving away from Fir Park the phrase said COULD look at the possibility.

I'm ok with a stadium change, but bollocks to a new badge and a change of our claret and amber. It's at least slighty different from the usual.

Doubt a colour change will get much support, considering the (justified, in my opinion) complaints when we don't have a claret hoop on the top.

now as much as we love our C&A colours, what harm would it do to change them? well, I know a number of motherwell fans off hand that dont buy home shirts because they dont like the colours. I have never seen a non motherwell fan wearing a motherwell top. i mean most of us pick out tops from other leugues by colour of design, so to change to apeal to a bigger market would only do good for the club right?

Don't imagine you've seen many non club supporters wearing any SPL tops outside of the Old Firm??

This is a stupid topic, just jump upto Airdrie, there's an entirley different club for you to support there.

I agree with Busta Nut, moving from the Stadium is to much for me,

We fear change, i still cant get over that they got rid of the curry pies from years ago and replaced them with the healthy option of a bag of mini oreos.

Tell me about it I never had a pie after they got rid of Chapmans as the supplier.

well, with fir parks days being numbered, whats next for motherwell?? With a move away, what else is going to change? Im sure most of us have thought about it at some point so I want to see what everyones opinion is.

the first obvious question is with the relocation, will the club change the badge? I mean we will no longer be at fir park so having it on the crest would seem a little silly wouldnt it?

By this logic we should already have changed the badge because it features a 'Telstar' style paneled football which is no longer used and of course Ravenscraig steelworks!

the first obvious question is with the relocation, will the club change the badge? I mean we will no longer be at fir park so having it on the crest would seem a little silly wouldnt it? and if they do that, will they move to change to colours? to somthing more marketable perhaps?

now I know what most of you will be thinking.. "dont be rediculous" "outrage!" "its our history"ect.

but when I thought about it more i started to come round to the idea of some changes.

and to the people that say "its our history, tradition, ect". well, whats wrong with making our own history? i mean im not sayin we should remove everything that makes us who we are, but some changes for the better are good. i can imagine when our colours were changed from blue to C&A there was alot of people made unhappy by this, but they got use to it, and now its part of our history.

How can you imagine that? It was almost a century ago, and given that the reason for the change was because so many other teams played in blue and we wanted to ensure fewer clashes of colours, I can actually imagine quite a few people being very happy about it.

Given that it would be more than half a century later that club colours would take off in the shape of replica strips, scarves etc it really wouldn't have made much difference at that time.

Maybe set up a franchise team in Airdrie?

By this logic we should already have changed the badge because it features a 'Telstar' style paneled football which is no longer used and of course Ravenscraig steelworks!

No point in the fir trees either if we move

Going with that, there's no point in Ravenscraig either?

Although, if it weren't for tradition, they would be dubious when we become CashConverters Stadium, or such like,

i1af82.jpg

we should base our first team home strip on this classic well goalie top. polka dots will pull in the fashionistas and having as many colours as possible on the top will pull in neutrals.

EMP-86240.jpg

in fact while we're at it we might as well go the whole hog and change to a handball or rowing club. this fitba thing has run it's course.