Chchchchchanges

Yoshi-1991

would just like to clear up, i didnt say i was in favour of these changes, just that i can see them being proposed in the future.

Why would the be proposed in the future? How does one get from a possible stadium move to changing team colours and badges and name or whatever? Does it happen often? Teams move stadiums a lot but keep everything else the same - some even change names while keeping the original colours...

Busta, what are you getting at? I was saying that the badge shouldn't be changed. Am I missing something?

Apologies. When it's connected to the tele, I can't see in (any) detail.

Fair play, ya negative git .dirol.gif

it's our new badge based on the town these days

Happy with the club crest, would protest outside FP in a tent if we opted for anything other the C&A. If we were going to change things to something similar to the above, I'd opt for a font of our time (2nd decade in the 21st century), rather than one developed and used 40/50 years ago.

I'd relish a move to Ravenscraig only if it was done sustainably and careful consideration was made to the atmosphere. I'd like to think that all the European venue's we've recently visited (especially in Scandinavia) may have left an impression. However I'm still a big fan of The Wall or another landmark building.

Not to keen on the idea of a stadium change as it would probably just end up like St Mirrens ground, dull and lacking character. I would however be keen on something like "The Wall" as LadywellToi suggested. Any change of colour or crest is out of the question in my opinion and I believe many other Well Fans agree.

So you'd rather we played in blue and white like Killie, Rangers, ICT or St Johnstone. How about Green and White like Hibs or Smelltic.

Motherwell is Claret and Amber. As mentioned above, a quick glance is enough to tell that someone is a Motherwell fan. I've lost count of the times when abroad, somebody comes up to me and says "ye fae Motherwell?" Whereaboots?". As for changing the club crest, I believe the basic layout of the Shield in the middel with the Craig, the Fir trees etc could remain, butu we could modernise the typography of the text and maybe alter that.

Personally, I love the C&A and our club crest.

everycúnt seems to be takin this badge changing seriously...........

There's no fir trees or Ravenscraig and I've seen teams which make me seriously question whether there should be a ball on the badge either. Maybe we should just do away with a badge altogether for our new multi-coloured tops that button up the back.

well, with fir parks days being numbered, whats next for motherwell?? With a move away, what else is going to change? Im sure most of us have thought about it at some point so I want to see what everyones opinion is.

the first obvious question is with the relocation, will the club change the badge? I mean we will no longer be at fir park so having it on the crest would seem a little silly wouldnt it? and if they do that, will they move to change to colours? to somthing more marketable perhaps?

now I know what most of you will be thinking.. "dont be rediculous" "outrage!" "its our history"ect.

but when I thought about it more i started to come round to the idea of some changes.

now as much as we love our C&A colours, what harm would it do to change them? well, I know a number of motherwell fans off hand that dont buy home shirts because they dont like the colours. I have never seen a non motherwell fan wearing a motherwell top. i mean most of us pick out tops from other leugues by colour of design, so to change to apeal to a bigger market would only do good for the club right?

and to the people that say "its our history, tradition, ect". well, whats wrong with making our own history? i mean im not sayin we should remove everything that makes us who we are, but some changes for the better are good. i can imagine when our colours were changed from blue to C&A there was alot of people made unhappy by this, but they got use to it, and now its part of our history.

anyway im interested in finding out what everyone else thinks and feels.

and can you think of any other changes that might come up?

Absolute shite, every last word.

clown/idiot -delete as applicable

Not a complete change in badge but an evolution maybe?

Quite a few teams have chosen this route of late.

The new Oldham Athletic crest

Coventry City retro crest

and FC Thun who are shortly moving to a brand new stadium, allowed the fans to choose a new logo for a new era in the club's history.

I like our current crest, I think certain elements just need to be better drawn. Before computer graphics club badges were designed in a traditional manner using conventional freehand and technical drawing skills. Over the years I've designed numerous things using this tried and tested method. Our original badge was designed this way, although I'm pretty certain the finished artwork has long gone! Someone at some point recreated the badge in digital form and without sending you all to sleep certain elements have been poorly translated from the original. An example would be the fir trees on the original 1982 badge which were clearly defined. On some recent versions floating around they have seen better days. I suspect some lazy designer/printer has used "Auto Trace" or "Adobe Streamline" at some point to convert our badge to digital form. This is a quick method used to convert old style graphics to vector, but is no where near as accurate as recreating it by hand in Illustrator, Freehand or Coral Draw.

It seems that now with a little computer graphics knowledge everyone is free to try their hand at design, although without any design training the finished article is usually pretty poor. It all depends what image you want to portray. To compete with the big boys, you need to copy their approach to design detail whenever possible.

In terms of the badge I actually thought we were in for an official change a few years back.

It never quite happened though so whether it was never intended as a change or whether it was done for a specific purpose but there's a screen that has appeared in the odd club press conference over the years with a slightly different badge on it. It's been in the suite in the Main Stand where the club have held the AGM's on occasion too.

It's a claret screen with a kind of watermark image of a Motherwell player at the left hand side (Lee McCulloch sticks in my head for some reason) the banner Lanarkshire's Premier Club and a slightly different club badge. I can't quite remember if its the steelworks or the fir trees that got the chop but it seemed to be replaced by what I think was Motherwell (the town or district's) coat of arms something like this.

The badge change idea is not as far fetched as some people seem to think. Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal are 3 clubs who have changed the badge in recent years. Bigger clubs with more spare cash maybe, but its hardly an unthinkable option.

It''s only nostalga that keeps things as they are. Change for change sake is never a good thing but if there are sensible reasons for change then it should be carried through. People get used to change and accept it as long as there is dialogue and not rammed down their throat.

We don't neccesarily need to retain references to 'Steel Town' or 'Fir Trees' in our badge especially as the former is not really the case and the latter if we move to Ravenscraig. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if the club and popular consensus was to reatin things as they are but I'm also open to change if the ideas make sense. You never know, change could give the club a new perspective and fresh impetus.

Let's approach Emirates for cash to build a new stadium at Ravenscraig. They seem to sponsor everything these days and will give them access to the SPL and Scottish markets to advertize their flights from Glasgow to Dubai. :whistling:

The badge change idea is not as far fetched as some people seem to think. Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal are 3 clubs who have changed the badge in recent years. Bigger clubs with more spare cash maybe, but its hardly an unthinkable option.

Arsenal only changed the style of the cannon on their badge...but have went back to their original cannon.

They have changed their name.