Current Players

StipeIsGod

Simply favourite/best, and least favourite/pretender for the moment, at Fir Park

Favourite - Shaun Hutchinson. Reckon he is absolutely crucial to our defence, and will go for big bucks very shortly. The boy is a tank, and speedy with that.

- Hon Mentions - Lasley, Craggs, Murphy, Jennings, obviously if he stays (and Hately at right back)

Least favourite - Forbes, as the majority will guess. The boy has the potential. I just think he is far too lazy to harness it. I think that he reckons that it's made for him. I really want him to do well, for Motherwell and himself, but I just don't think he has the minerals.

Wasn't desperately interested in a debate, especially about Forbes, where my feelings are known. I just wondered what folk's opinion's were on best and worst.

As for Forbes, is he so lacking in confidence he can't put in a challenge in a normal game, but can play a blinder against Celtic? My fucking arse. He's lazy. Unless maybe,,, he needs,,, coaxing,,, to get his true ability,,, Two seasons of periodic decency suggests purple patch more than true quality, Steve,

Shite thread, especially as it seems to be have contrived to give a young guy in the current team yet more pelters.

As Steve said, despite playing well he was repeatedly dropped/shunted to make way for loanee's and guys trading on what they achieved earlier in their career who we'd never make a penny on.

I can only hope for HOTD for this.

He was dropped immediately after his blinder, (and a few other decent displays),

Michael

I will agree that he was unfairly dropped after that game. Very, very unfairly. In his short runs in the team, however, he was prone to disappearing.

I really hope he proves that what he has showed is more him than luck. , but I am sorely unconvinced.

(thanks with the Michael, but it's Niain, mate)

• Like 1

And Ladywell, I noticed no such concern around the "WORST SIGNING EVER" thread. I apologise for putting forth my opinion on our current best, and worst, players, in my opinion.

Would you rather I had disliked a player of your preference? Or thought that everyone was fine and rosy?

• Like 1

My choice on that thread centred on a player who is long gone from the club and was universally berated. Whenever anyone has listed a present player I have winced.

All current players unless they are clearly not up to it deserves everyone's support until they no longer pull the C&A over the heads. Yes you can get frustrated but laying in 3 days into pre-season, when probably reset his frame of mind to say "OK, there's a line in the sand regarding last season, lets see what we can do in in the next year" and you're shooting him down already.

My choice on that thread centred on a player who is long gone from the club and was universally berated. Whenever anyone has listed a present player I have winced.

All current players unless they are clearly not up to it deserves everyone's support until they no longer pull the C&A over the heads. Yes you can get frustrated but laying in 3 days into pre-season, when probably reset his frame of mind to say "OK, there's a line in the sand regarding last season, lets see what we can do in in the next year" and you're shooting him down already.

Apologies. I was working on last season's evidence. Yet again, I hope he proves that he has 'it'. I just don't see it.

Unlike a number of people (no accusations toward the forum), I have never boo-ed a motherwell player, or indeed team.

I hope he proves that he has 'it'. I just don't see it.

That why you and I have the careers we do and football managers, coaches, tacticians and scouts run football clubs and decide on the future of players and their usage, because despite what me may propose on here we ALL actually know fuck all about it other than 90 minutes every two weeks.

That why you and I have the careers we do and football managers, coaches, tacticians and scouts run football clubs and decide on the future of players and their usage, because despite what me may propose on here we ALL actually know fuck all about it other than 90 minutes every two weeks.

A fair comment, but are we unable to speculate? Can these people not make mistakes?

Cheers for the opinions, folks. Sorry for not towing the party line with Ross Forbes!

You're posting the popular opinion on Ross Forbes.

It's just a bit fucking tedious and childish to wheel it out just for the sake of it - with your own particular addition to the regular jibes of 'pish' and 'lazy' which is 'arrogant'.

It's been done to death. It's negative.

If you want a bit of fun in a boring pre season could you no try and do something that doesn't invite everybody to get their tackety boots back on?

It's a popular opinion? I've noticed a tonne of Well fans rushing to my aid, to agree.

As for trying to get a bit of fun, what would you suggest I do?

Apologies, it may be negative, but it's my opinion. Do you disagree? You're too positive. Can you not do something that doesn't involve you sending a bouquet to everyone?

I'm a member of 5 or six different forums, and bar a few folk on this board, I have never felt less welcome on any forum. No fucking wonder people turn away from the Well if the majority are never even vaguely pleasant online.

• Like 1

I'm a member of 5 or six different forums, and bar a few folk on this board, I have never felt less welcome on any forum. No fucking wonder people turn away from the Well if the majority are never even vaguely pleasant online.

What a daft comment. I have never met anyone who has stopped supporting Motherwell because someone disagreed with them on a football forum. Plus even if every person on this forum was unpleasant to you it would hardly be the MAJORITY would it?