Current Players

StipeIsGod

I didn't say I saw it happening with Humphrey, I just said if he got a Matrix style download into his napper I'd load it with Maldini's ability.

Law offers width and tended to break up the wing, 16/17 assists last season can't all have been from sliderule passes to his centre forward.

Forbes has had two seasons too prove his worth in the team. More often than not he has faded out of games and has also looked too slow to cope with the speed of the SPL. Now granted he has been played out of position and had a stop start career with Motherwell so far, but he will know himself that unless he can improve he will not last at Motherwell much longer.

A good example is Shaun Hitchinson who hadn't played for months but strolled back into the team and is now a regular. Forbes needs to do the same. I think his days might be numbered though with Jennings signing an extension and also Law signing on a 2 year deal. He is now quite far done the list for midfield options.

Forbes has had two seasons too prove his worth in the team. More often than not he has faded out of games and has also looked too slow to cope with the speed of the SPL. Now granted he has been played out of position and had a stop start career with Motherwell so far, but he will know himself that unless he can improve he will not last at Motherwell much longer.

A good example is Shaun Hitchinson who hadn't played for months but strolled back into the team and is now a regular. Forbes needs to do the same. I think his days might be numbered though with Jennings signing an extension and also Law signing on a 2 year deal. He is now quite far done the list for midfield options.

The one thing that may go in favour of Forbes is that I suspect we will go with a 3 man midfield on a regular basis this season. If he gets the opportunity to play in his preferred position he really needs to shine. Make or break season.

Steve, Have you an opinion on the subject?

Aye,

Chronic Town, Murmur, Reckoning, Fables of the Reconstruction, Life's Rich Pageant and Document were dynamite. Green not far off.

The rest have been 'patchy'

Can't believe you're still here stroppy baws

Fave current 'well player - Murphy

Least fave - Chris Humphrey

I think Forbes is one of the few players that actually likes to get the ball on the deck and play the ball. He is also one of the few players Motherwell have (Lasley being another) capable of doing just that. He also has an eye for goal and is capable of striking a decent setpiece.

He does lack a yard or so of pace. I hope he gets a chance and that Motherwell play to his strengths. It wasn;t that long ago that he burst on the scene with some goals and a flag was made in his honour!

Since then there has been no consistency in terms of management; something a young player needs when breaking through.

I'd advocated Hateley moving back to a holding role in midfield too, therefore right back (other than Saunders) is high on my list of "Ins". I'd like to think Saunders and Hutchison could grow together as a pair under Craigan's tutelage however I fear Saunders is prone to Amoruso-esque gaffs at least once a game.

Based on who we've brought in and with a few bits here and there still to be announced my strongest team (and what I'd like to see as everyone would be playing to their strengths):

------------ Randolph ---------------

RB? -- Hutchison -- CH? -- Hammell

------------- Hateley ---------------

--- Jennings ---- Lasley ---- Law ---

--------------------- Murphy --------

------------- Higdon ----------------

Bench:

Hollis

Humphrey

Forbes

Saunders

McHugh

Carswell

In the past year I've felt Humphrey has performed better as an impact sub and when he's chased balls into gaps or over the top rather than stand on the halfway line, take a touch and then chase it.

Have a word, yes lets throw Humphrey on the bench next season! New season same old blinkered view.

I'd more or less agree, I struggle to think of a reason to keep Humphrey out of the team. Aye, sometimes (most times?) the quality of his crossing isn't there, but good lord do you get a shift out of the boy every time he plays. Defensively, offensively, he's throwing himself about and being a nuisance, and theres always the chance that he'll just take off past someone.

Well said that man! Humphrey for president, and with the intruduction of Laws that might actually create the space he needs to produce the goods, and maybe just maybe Higdon will actually be there to knock the ball into the back of the net, exciting times this season me thinks!

Have a word, yes lets throw Humphrey on the bench next season! New season same old blinkered view.

Some people could say that about you. They don't think he is as good as you do but like you they are entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not. I don't think it's blinkered at all in fact it is a very valid point.

For the record I would start with Humphrey,

Some people could say that about you. They don't think he is as good as you do but like you they are entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not. I don't think it's blinkered at all in fact it is a very valid point.

For the record I would start with Humphrey,

A good point you have nethertonwellfan, but it really bugs me that Humphrey is constantly being knocked, if Motherwell had a better player that could replace him i might actually agree with some views about him, but unfortunately they dont have anyone better than him in what he does. And for the record if he plays pants i will be the first to admit that, the lads gives 100% every game and like most it does not always pay off. Its a new season and i am being positive and looking forward, i just dont want last seasons negativity towards Humphrey being tasted before he has even kicked a ball this season, A Motherwell fan at heart, its all about opinions and i respect them, but untill Humphrey shows no commitment and no desire, i continue to fight his corner regardless.

For the record, i would start Humphrey too.

------------ Randolph ---------------

Hateley -- Hutchison -- New CH -- Hammell

Humphrey Jennoe Law New LM (Omar Daley) would be perfect

Murphy Higdon

That line up would be a dream, would have the quickest wingers in the SPL, with most prob the hardest working midfield with the added creativity of Law and the engine of Jennoe, Murphy in his natural position with Higdon doing what he does best being a pain up front. Bring it on.

Maybe it's just me Dazzer but I read it not so much that there's constant knocking of Humph, more a mixture of:

A: You seem to hold him a higher regard than almost everyone else, which in turn leads you to be hyper-sensitive to any comment where he's not lauded in a fashion similar to your own.

and

B: You take the bait so often that some folk know you'll rise to it every time.

Maybe it's just me Dazzer but I read it not so much that there's constant knocking of Humph, more a mixture of:

A: You seem to hold him a higher regard than almost everyone else, which in turn leads you to be hyper-sensitive to any comment where he's not lauded in a fashion similar to your own.

and

Rose tinted glasses, yes your right, maybe its time for Dazzer to change, ill give it a go.

and

That and in his first 11 he took Las out

That and in his first 11 he took Las out

Yes i did, would be a toss up between Las and Jennoe, as Law would seem to be the star in midfield (Yet to be confirmed) Lass and Jennoe are very simular players, the Water carriers as such, against the OF they can play together as more often than not we dont have the ball and they can fight for the space in midfield, but against all the others teams in the SPL we would want to attack and both of them together dont really create space, or goals. Nothing against Lass, but my personal pref would be Jennoe, a little younger, better engine. With Law i am led to believe he creates and last season we lacked creation in the midfield.

If i am honest Lass or Jennoe could do the holding role in the team, but not both together.

Could play Jenno AND Las while throwing Law wide on left.

I suppose if we are assuming that we will not be making anymore signings before the start of the season, it could work, but than again that is pretty much all very samey as last year, throwing Law out wide defeats the object of creativity, most creative Midfielders play from the centre or there abouts. But in answer to your question yes he could play wide left.

I suppose if we are assuming that we will not be making anymore signings before the start of the season, it could work, but than again that is pretty much all very samey as last year, throwing Law out wide defeats the object of creativity, most creative Midfielders play from the centre or there abouts. But in answer to your question yes he could play wide left.

he had the most assists in the league the last 2 seasons. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest they came from a wide area, not the centre.