Faddy

Stef

Will we put C&A ribbons on his crutches?

(OK he got shot of them a week or so ago - but you know what I mean)

Pretty sure he got rid of the crutches a few months ago.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Faddy in a 'Well shirt for the testimonial on Wednesday, although we could list him as a trialist and have him play a few games at the start of the season :notworthy:

Not a chance.

More's the pity as it would probably boost the crowd.

Edited by Well 4 Europe

Wouldn't be surprised to see Faddy in a 'Well shirt for the testimonial on Wednesday, although we could list him as a trialist and have him play a few games at the start of the season :notworthy:

Sadly the SPL don't allow trialists to play. Need to be in the SFL for that :(

Think we could sign him up as an amateur though, although not sure if the SPL closed that totally after the Livingston/Dundee fiasco.

Sadly the SPL don't allow trialists to play. Need to be in the SFL for that :(

Think we could sign him up as an amateur though, although not sure if the SPL closed that totally after the Livingston/Dundee fiasco.

Bugger oh well it will however happen in my dreams lol.

A loan from who? He is a free. Although due to not having a club he is getting a very nice pay packet fae the Brum this month

This extra cash means he could surely afford to sign for us for six months, to prove his fitness by playing week in week out. We should at least ask him the question. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

its probably fantasy but at this stage he has no club and no wages, so why not?!!

If you worked at Tesco earning £5 an hour, and then moved to a bank and made twice that, then got a massive bonus at the end of the year, would you go back to Tesco for a bit because you enjoyed working there?

If you worked at Tesco earning £5 an hour, and then moved to a bank and made twice that, then got a massive bonus at the end of the year, would you go back to Tesco for a bit because you enjoyed working there?

If you had nothing else on the go, and wanted to work to show those banks what you could, then yes, why not?!!

No offence mate but that's a stupid comparison

• Like 1

if he was confident that he could come back on a short term contract, rip up the spl and use it as a springboard for a big move there would be a tiny possibility it could happen. i wouldn't be too certain of that happening and i doubt faddy would be either.

he hardly dominated the championship the last time he was in it and coming off a bad injury i don't think his stock will be very high. i predict a burnley/coventry/ipswich level move.

Can't believe people are actually talking seriously about this. A move to us at this stage in his career would be a massive backwards step and there are 101 other, wealthier, better supported clubs out there that would take him like "that" if he was struggling to find somewhere.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed for when he's hitting his mid 30s

A stupid comparison indeed. I would love to see Faddy playing with Motherwell again, but I think we will be looking at a 33 or 34 year old before we can realistically think about it. Birmingham signed him for £5 million and but for injury he would have been a regular in their side last season. Gone are the days when players go from being a Premiership regular to an SPL team, it's even rare for the Old Firm now, They don't have the Gascoignes, the Suttons, the Lennons etc. If you look at the fact signing Nicky Law from Rotherham is considered a coup, the chances of Faddy joining us now are slim to hee haw. But as Yir said, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I've read some crazy stuff on these boards over the years but some of the talk on this thread tops the lot.

Us sign McFadden? Jeezo...

Wake up guys, he's long gone and he's no comin back :doh:

Well, the man himself has said he intends to end his career at Fir Park.

Well, the man himself has said he intends to end his career at Fir Park.

Has he really? Well I think I'll hold off on getting excited about that just yet as history has taught me that what footballers say and what footballers actually do are two different things.

When did he actually say this incidentally? I assume this wasn't a public announcement as I've never read or heard anything about it through the media or anything so has he told some Motherwell fans this personally that he intends to finish his career here?

He may or may not be back before he packs it in (depending on injuries etc.) but Porter's move to Sheffield Utd shows where the real money is to be had.

No way Faddy is back at a similar stage in his career.