Faddy

Stef

I think I would miss a Celtic game at Fir Park if Faddy was playing for them. Not generally overly sentimental but seeing Faddy playing against us for them would make me feel a little queasy and I wouldn't want to give him dogs abuse.

get a grip.

the club is bigger than one man.

get a grip.

the club is bigger than one man.

Exactly. It would be one thing if Celtic nicked him from us during a transfer window, but if he does end up there (and it's a big *if*) 8 years later, I think we should just about manage to cope.

Celtic don't need a player like Faddy just now, they have plenty of creative types, but not enough out & out goalscorers. I don't see them signing him.

I’m not so sure Eddie, the fact that he is training with them shows that Celtic are at least interested. If they weren’t keen, he would have probably been training with us to get match fit and not Celtic.

Not Fact. not from that quote anyway

quote from McCarthy only indicates one known offer "We made him an offer, but I understand he has got a few offers."

you are adding in assumptions about someone elses 'understanding' to complete your version of the picture

Hopefully Faddy is just using the bheggars to drum up a better offer elsewhere,

Good lad that he is.

he does need football soon though :(

Celtic don't need a player like Faddy just now, they have plenty of creative types, but not enough out & out goalscorers. I don't see them signing him.

commons and mccourt are apparently in lennon's bad books for being piss artists.

they punted maloney, mcginn is out on loan so that only really leaves naeneck forrest.

From a Scotland perspective, if keeping nay-neck-nay-talent Forrest away from the team it wid be good for the National team. I think McFadden has played out his career and his press dealings with enough decorum to avoid the majority of fans geein him pelters. Although he will never save the world again!

Just said on radio McFadden Celtic deal is done.

If the deal is done - very happy for Faddy ( he seems to have lost his way in the 8 years he has been down south) and Scottish Football will also benefit.

I accept that he will score lots of times against us (but so did Deans, McClair & Walker) but we only will encounter him 4/5 times a year - I will take great delight in seeing him gub the rest of the SPL sides.

It will also mean that Levein will have to pick him.

No doubt there will be those who will give him a hard time on the Web and on the park but those are the same numpties who give our own players grief rather than encouragement

Just said on radio McFadden Celtic deal is done.

One good thing if he signs is we wont get a spunk fest every time hes mentioned on here ,Faddy running out at fir park in the green and white hoops will be a reality check for some hopefully. Anyway fuck Celtic and if Faddy signs fuck him tae.

• Like 9

Not Fact. not from that quote anyway

quote from McCarthy only indicates one known offer "We made him an offer, but I understand he has got a few offers."

you are adding in assumptions about someone elses 'understanding' to complete your version of the picture

Hopefully Faddy is just using the bheggars to drum up a better offer elsewhere,

Good lad that he is.

he does need football soon though :(

No I said earlier

He's already had an offer from Wolves so the Celtic one isn't the only one on the table.

I was then asked for proof so I provided the link. The link shows Wolves made him an offer and that the Celtic one was not the only one on the table as suggested.

Anyway yeah if he signs for them fuck him. He's not oor Faddy anymore, he plays for them. Hopefully Hutch puts him in row z.

• Like 1

I'm very 'meh' about the whole thing. Football is a business for those that are on the inside of it and the only loyalty these people have is to themselves, their families, and their bank accounts. No different from any other industry in all honesty. 'Loyalty' only occurs when the aforementioned scenario allows a player to reside at or re-sign with a specific Club. No doubt he will continue to have a 'soft spot' for us......but I was never convinced this day wouldn't come.

Maybe it is just me but Faddy's spell with us just seems like a very long time ago now. He'll be treated like any other opposition player on his return.