Faddy

Stef

Fair point but you generally want somebody who uses their talent and have an end product.

Faddy was immense for Scotland, carried us in games but of what I saw of him when I worked in brum and on TV in other games for brum and Everton, he didn't have same impact down there.

Purely my opinion though.

He's certainly nae Steven Naismith

Fair point but you generally want somebody who uses their talent and have an end product.

Faddy was immense for Scotland, carried us in games but of what I saw of him when I worked in brum and on TV in other games for brum and Everton, he didn't have same impact down there.

Purely my opinion though.

Many on the forums and the family I have that support Birmingham actually blame (after McLiesh) for Faddy being injured as the reason they were relegated. They had no one left who could change a game at a blink of an eye. Don't get me wrong, if asked has McFadden been a success down south - then truthfully no one could say yes. But he hasn't been a failure either. That is why there are still Premiership clubs looking at him in Sunderland, Everton and Wolves. With all but the latter being well established Premiership sides.

Faddy's biggest problem has been his injury bill - not his lack of talent or his ability to use it. That and he's one of those players that doesn't have a position in standard British Football mentality.

I think Faddy is a fairly good player - i have been surprised at the lack of interest in him shown by championship teams to be honest i thought he is the sort of player they would all have loved to throw their cash at.

One that i really WASN'T expecting though is the volume of Celtic fans i have spoke to who are raging. Another lungberg, Roy Keane, Iain Wright etc they have all been saying. Every one of them is spitting about the chance of him signing. " Where does that leave the genius paddy mccourt" they squeal.

I shall tell you one thing, after watching that Celtic game yesterday. If they think Faddy is a poor player they better have a word with the boy who's idea it was to sign Bangura......

So he's had offers from Birmingham, Wolves, Everton & Celtic. So the Celtic one definitely isn't the only one on the table. He always seemed the ambitious type so I'm very suprised he's thinking of rejecting two Premiership teams to return to the SPL.

Depends what you class as ambitious. Playing for Celtic he is guaranteed Europen football & challenging for honours. That wouldn't be the case with Wolves or Everton. For a player who as far as i know has never won a medal & has no/little European football then Celtic could be a big draw to gain something that he can look back on when his career is over. (which may be soon depending on injuries)

Not overly surprised.

Was always sceptical of the Celtic talk, especially after it was pointed out the story only broke the day before their AGM.

Talk I heard at the weekend was that he'd already knocked back a move to Glasgow in the summer, for the same reasons he has always stated would prevent him joining either of those two.

Delighted he won't sign for Celtic, would hate to see him playing against us at Fir Park, hopefully signs a 2 or 3 year deal then ends his career with us. Think he will do really well at Everton as they need an attacking option. Hope he is back in the Scotland set up for the next campaign