If You Won £166M In Euromillions

LadywellToi

Following on from the shoutbox conversation, would be interested to see what people would GENUINELY contribute. Would you want to see a return (controlling stake/shares) for an investment in the club or just bequeath a figure as a gift?

The initial issue is the amount you would win in the lottery. If you pocketed £166 million then £10m is small change, still plenty to keep you in the Sunday Times Top 100 and change Motherwell for ever.

1./ So first question is if you did win, what is the minimum amount would result in you getting realistically involved? (usual steelmenonline suspects - getting 3 numbers and winning £10 then using some of it to buy a pie is not an option).

2./ 2nd follows on, based on your answer to question one, what percentage or amount would you put into the mix?

3./ Third is what would you want for your cash injection if anything at all?

4./ Fourth, if you won the whole £166m by yourself, what would you commit to MFC and what would you like to see done with it?

Lets try and keep it realistic, however I do imagine there are a couple who would advocate bringing in Messi and Xabi for a season or two.

Personally I'd look for sustained growth off the back of it, what happened 10-15 years ago was fun at the time but hindsight is a great asset to have.

i'd like to buy the club but i suspect people would be paying me not to do it

if i was the owner i would instigate a reign of terror. mlad vlad would seem like a shrinking violet compared to me either playing myself as stiker or scooping a bottle of wine in an spl dug out

Dear Motherwell F.C.

Here's a cheque for £20 million - keep the club safe or I'll come back and get you. I'll decide the sponsors for the next 10 years though they'll all be charities, so the replica shirts should be offered to fans with or without the charity's logo on the hoop - yes, I said hoop. Don't hassle me for input on the running of the club, I'll be baw deep in hookers or possibly dead.

Love and kisses,

Cakes.

P.S. There is this one guy I'd like removed from the MSAC.

P.P.S. Any chance of a complimentary ticket for the Leeds friendly?

1./ So first question is if you did win, what is the minimum amount would result in you getting realistically involved? (usual steelmenonline suspects - getting 3 numbers and winning £10 then using some of it to buy a pie is not an option).

I'd like about 100 million so I knew that losing my investment would be insignificant.

2./ 2nd follows on, based on your answer to question one, what percentage or amount would you put into the mix?

20 million. 10 million directly to the club and 10 million invested in a diverse portfolio that the club could draw on an as-needed basis (where 'as-needed' would be at my, as Chairman's, discretion).

3./ Third is what would you want for your cash injection if anything at all?

Not sure what you mean with this question

4./ Fourth, if you won the whole £166m by yourself, what would you commit to MFC and what would you like to see done with it?

If I won 166 mil, I'd maybe up my investment to 40 million or so and make the running of the club my full time job. I'd like to see Fir Park repaired rather than a move to a new ground. Investment in year-round training facilities. Look to sign players on 3 year contracts with, maybe, an increase in salary structure to bring in a few higher quality players (but nothing crazy). Continue to develop the youth teams' infrastructure. Continue to invest in local community programmes.

It's fun to think about what you would do if you actually owned the club but in actually reality I don't think I'd want to stop being an ordinary fan sitting in the East Stand.

I'd probably donate £1 million pounds each season as anonymously as I could.

Oh, the proviso for the donation would be white shorts for the home strip!

I would turn us into the Scottish Man City and sign Tevez.

He would out in a written transfer request three weeks after arriving citing he misses his kids, Motherwell is a shite town etc as is his modus operandi. Tevez is a parasite getting fat on huge sign-on fees whilst showing scant regard for his contractual obligations or employers.

I'd drop £10-20 mil on the club on the proviso that I can put whatever I like as the sponsor until I'm dead.

Probably my own face, or 'MFC: Shits on Airdrie' or something of that ilk.

Oh, and I'd want nothing to do with the running of the club with the exception of being the anchor on MFC:TV. I'd also play the role of billy big-baws at every game and probably be a wanker. Not an aim, more a certainty.

:thumbup: I would invest about 10 million in the club, then raid England for a lot of footballers who used to be good but are rubbish now.

I'll spend thousands of pounds on wages for goalies who are about 40 and were out of their prime 5 years before

I will buy strikers who have scored a max of 5 goals for their previous clubs and then take them to court about loans they didn't pay back.

I will do a lot for the community and fans and gain praise in the SFA for my work to get a bigger crowd.

But then it'll all go pear-shaped and i will be forced to release 22 players and put the club into administration then noone will buy the club so i will stable the club, then progressively make the wage bill lower and lower every season!

:thumbup:

:thumbup: I would invest about 10 million in the club, then raid England for a lot of footballers who used to be good but are rubbish now.

I'll spend thousands of pounds on wages for goalies who are about 40 and were out of their prime 5 years before

I will buy strikers who have scored a max of 5 goals for their previous clubs and then take them to court about loans they didn't pay back.

I will do a lot for the community and fans and gain praise in the SFA for my work to get a bigger crowd.

But then it'll all go pear-shaped and i will be forced to release 22 players and put the club into administration then noone will buy the club so i will stable the club, then progressively make the wage bill lower and lower every season!

sounds like a plan but you would really need somebody like pat nevin to help pull it off :P

I'd put in about £20m for the running of the club but wouldn't want too much control for my money.

I would also re-develop Fir Park, a classy European style stadium rather than a sitey Lego-land effort like SMP.

I'd also have No. 7 in the squad list assigned to me, so when I was feeling like it, I'd get a wee run on for the last 5 - 10 minutes of a game, score the winner and lift the league trophy at a packed Fir Park.

I'd also bung Airdrie a couple million to get back to the SPL and have a proper Lanarkshire Derby :whistling:

Amazing how damning things look when you look at them in isolation. Not much you can do when anticipated funds dry up ....

1st July 2008

The Scottish Premier League revealed a major cash boost yesterday with the news that Setanta Sports had renewed the deal to screen live matches from Scotland - at more than double the price they paid for the same package four years ago.

At that time the contract, which ends in 2010, was worth £54.5 million. The extended agreement will yield £125 million over a further four years.

"£125 million marks the biggest ever TV deal in Scottish football history," the SPL's executive chairman, Lex Gold, said. "This will allow clubs to re-invest to make the Scottish game even stronger."

ITV Digital money dried up at the turn of the century too.

However this season our playing budget is maintained not reduced while everyone elses is decimated. Don't let the facts get in the way though.

I'd also bung Airdrie a couple million to get back to the SPL and have a proper Lanarkshire Derby :whistling:

Best idea so far. It'd cost relatively little to get them back in the SPL and it'd be totally worth it. Stand in the shadows as a mysterious backer until they get there, get some more cash/fans in then pull out, leaving them stable, but fundamentally, rubbish.

Then tell all the fans that it was funded by me, a 'Well fan, and cackle my way through every gubbing we give them in the league.

Amazing how damning things look when you look at them in isolation. Not much you can do when anticipated funds dry up ....

ITV Digital money dried up at the turn of the century too.

However this season our playing budget is maintained not reduced while everyone elses is decimated. Don't let the facts get in the way though.

was trying to have a joke mate, relax

If the works syndicate won, I'd be on about £20m, so I'd make sure I had a season ticket again, and splash out for some box seats, etc. Not sure I would drop a lump sum in, maybe £1m with the proviso it doesn't get used stupidly.

If I won the full thing, I'd offer to redevelop Fir Park, starting with knocking down the South Stand and replacing with something sensible, removing the seating from the East Stand and installing that safe terracing stuff from Germany, and general bits and pieces around the place to make it a nicer place to watch a game, with facilities to bring other income into the club.

P.S. Part of any redevelopment would include a penthouse flat in one of the corners, with balcony for watching the matches.

I think it would be very difficult not to want to throw millions at the club but I think for your average punter it would end up messing with your head to be honest - the knowledge that you alone, have it in your power to totally transform the club, to win trophies, to be that new force.

But where would you draw the line with splashing the cash? Could you cope with the pressure of folk looking to you to dip in to complete that strive for that one more player that this time really will make all the difference? What if it doesn't happen and suddenly folk are looking for you to put more in or the structure crumbles?

And regardless of however much you won I'm sure there would be some family pressure on how you are spending your their money!!

Readng that back that actually makes it sound it sound something of a chore doesn't it, but I think it would have some bearing on my thinking.

I'd be looking for some sort of position on the board. You would have to, to if not dictate at least oversee how your investment is being handled by the club.

It would likely be one off projects and the development of the club infrastucture that would interest me. Things like getting the club a training centre sorted so we're not jumping in a mini-bus to Toryglen when the weather is poor. Give the strategy of building the club's fanbase more emphasis - do some serious and sustained propaganda work on the weans in Lanarkshirem, that kind of thing.

Then after that smaller projects but one which would make a difference to fans like helping subsidise travelling costs for season ticket holders to get to games, getting things like Motherwell TV and other multimedia projects a reality. Having a club shop permenantly based in the town centre to have a constant presence.

Probably a bit dull compared to parading Van Persie in a claret and amber jersey but there you go.

I meant would you look to be a silent investor, a place on the board, take over the day to day running, etc.

Ah, gotcha. In which case I already answered. Initially, at least, take over day to day running.