If You Won £166M In Euromillions

LadywellToi

Milne at Aberdeen is a prime example of a multi-millionaire owner of a football club who has a vast personal wealth and yet runs the club on a 'biscuit tin' budget. He is not one for bank rolling players salaries to bring in better quality and sticks within the wage structure.

Craig Whyte is another who looks to be spending cannily even though he has a fortune tucked away. I would suggest we would all like to think we would throw money at the club but in reallity some sense of fiscal prudence would be the order of the day.

With 166 million in the bank, building our core support would be my first aim this would involve free season tickets for every well fan. Every Well fan over the age of 18 would get a free beer before every home game, under 18s would get an Irn-Bru :popcorn: . This would be a three year plan. If it failed I would walk away. If it did work then I would think about new stadium plans. No point building a new stadium if we don't have the support to fill it.

Every youngster wanting to attend coaching classes would be able to attend for free if they agreed to become a well fan for life. Yes backmail :laugh:

I would employ more staff so our fans got treated in the way they should be.

I would pay referees lots of money to be corrupt so Motherwell would win the league 9 times out of 10.

Once we were winning the league every year I would lobby Uefa to let us to play in the english premier league.

I certainly wouldn't line the pockets of players. They would have to interact with fans. Go on golf days, visit local schools, play playstation with the kids and help them with their football skills and they would have to do a full days work.

I would also get us a new mascot. Sorry Claret and Amber bears would have to go. We are the steelmen so a big 10 foot Knight with a suit of armour. Cheer leaders that were over the age of 18 and I think that would probably do to start with.

I would start by erecting a statue of Ross Forbes outside Fir Park. I would then make it a rule that if you don't attend pre season friendlies against Dumbarton and Morton you weren't allowed to go Fir Park for five years. Missing the Leeds game would constitute a lifetime ban. I would give Esteban Casagolda freedom of Motherwell.

In all seriousness, I would build something similar to Ravenscraig for Youth Development, only to be used by us. I would make a yearly financial commitment to youth development and give us the best scouting possible. Would buy the club with a sensible investment, but not gung ho that would see me lose my money.

I'd add that I'd get Barcelona over as consultants to put into place an exact replica of their youth academy seen here:

Barca Youth Academy BBC Story

I'd give anybody involved in youth football in the region free UEFA's coaching courses. I couldn't find a Scottish figure but I would imagine it would be proportional to England's:

Only 2,769 English coaches hold Uefa's B, A and Pro badges, Spain has 23,995, Italy 29,420 and Germany 34,790.

They would get them for free on the proviso that Motherwell gets first refusal on anyone they bring through and develop.

I'd get the U-19's out at 1 local team each for training during the week, 2 hours of their time to bring through the next generation and put up a prize for the team with most improvement (gives them some competition).

To hell with the Casagolda statue, I'd get one made of Hammerfist, he's the one who deserves it.

I'd buy the Record and Sun and let the old firm fans search 6 pages in to find a story.

A lot of people on here saying they would do this or that for the club but when push came to shove 99% of folk wouldn't do anything for the club. Football's a business like any other & what other business would you be willing to pump your money into instead of looking after your own personal wants and needs & those of your family & friends? Hell i love a beer but i wouldn't be pumping money into a brewery just to ensure they keep making beer. It 's their business & their responsibility to keep that business going my responsibility is to keep my family going and that's where my money would be going.

• Like 1

A lot of people on here saying they would do this or that for the club but when push came to shove 99% of folk wouldn't do anything for the club. Football's a business like any other & what other business would you be willing to pump your money into instead of looking after your own personal wants and needs & those of your family & friends? Hell i love a beer but i wouldn't be pumping money into a brewery just to ensure they keep making beer. It 's their business & their responsibility to keep that business going my responsibility is to keep my family going and that's where my money would be going.

Ian I thought you and yer mate Clive are the major share holders at Gold Coast United? :rolleyes:

Football's a business like any other & what other business would you be willing to pump your money into instead of looking after your own personal wants and needs & those of your family & friends?

It's £166 million that we're fantasising about. No-one needs that kind of money. Donating or investing in MFC isn't going to leave the weans starving and if it was me, I'd certainly throw some cash into the club's coffers as well as many charities. In fact, I'd be trying to get rid of most of it, not just because it's far more than someone needs to live a comfortable life but having that kind of dosh brings a hell of a lot of unwanted attention from nosey folk and folk with bad intentions. £166 million paints an awfy big target on the backs on the winner and their family.

OK. for what its worth I'd give the club £25m and a further £10m intrest free loan to be paid back over 20 years.

The provisions for this would be that the £25m must be invested and that 50% of the yearly profit was re invested with the other 50% used for wages - if in one year the return was greater than 10% (£2.5m) then I'd allow anything over that 10% to be put towards buying a player.

The other £10m would have to be invested also but any yearly profit would be used to help reduce the gate prices to £12 with any extra money taken from the initial £10m - I'd pay the cost the 1st year.

I hope that by doing this, the quality of players we could attract would be as good as our present best players or better, that with a stronger team we could challenge for europe/cups and potentially we could increase our gate.

If you're not savvy enough to invest say, 126 million, well enough to support your family, then I don't want you anywhere near the running of my club.

You're right; it is a business and some business nous is definitely a job requirement.

Oh, and as we are discussing a 166 million lottery win, I think it's safe to say we are dealing in hypotheticals.

The main thing I would do would be to fund a state of the art stadium of around 10,000 capacity , preferably at FP , rather than a move to Ravenscraig or wherever .

Picking up on the smallprint in Kamikaze Bob's post , I rather like the idea of my only proviso being a penthouse flat in one corner with a balcony opening out onto the park , a la carlsberg advert of a few years ago .

I would also give a lump sum of , say £10m , to be split equally between youth development and first team affairs .

I would then retreat to my hefner-esque mansion full of nubile young women and narcotics , and watch with interest how MFC progress with my generous donation .

Ian I thought you and yer mate Clive are the major share holders at Gold Coast United? :rolleyes:

Wish i was then i could get rid of Joel Porter a one legged dog is faster than him.

If you're not savvy enough to invest say, 126 million, well enough to support your family, then I don't want you anywhere near the running of my club.

You're right; it is a business and some business nous is definitely a job requirement.

Oh, and as we are discussing a 166 million lottery win, I think it's safe to say we are dealing in hypotheticals.

I know it's all hypothetical but football clubs run at a loss & you end up throwing good money after bad. Do you really think any big time Charlie player is gonna bust a gut for Motherwell against St. Mirren or Killie? Any big name you enticed to the club would only be there for the money & be going through the motions til his contract expires & he can move on. For me all the money in the world doesn't make that a good investment. A private jet :crazypilot: & luxury yacht would be higher up in my agenda for the simple reason that no matter how much i love Motherwell the Scottish league will always be pish and that's the reason no Russian or Saudi businessmen have ever been interested in investing in a Scottish club & if your talking about nous then these guys know a good business investment when they see one.

I would love to fix up Fir Park where it stands, even if that meant bulldozing it and starting again with replica Cooper and Away stands, new matching East and POD stands.

I would tie our top 15 players into lucrative 5 year contracts and invest in the development of our youth system... If anything.

Ok I know it's all hypothetical...I would buy Fir Park Street...knock down the buildings near the POD and South Stand...and as I am in the mood knock down the East Stand....rebuild it...make sure the toilets are world class...as is the bars and food outlets.

Do the same to the POD....East and POD would mirror each other, the dressing rooms would be world class. Oh might as well name the East Stand....the John Boyle Stand. Fix up the South and DC...Put a nice big sign on the POD to read Motherwell Football and Athletic Club...just like on the old turnstile block used to have....

Just when it was all finished and we have won the Scottish Cup the League and Euro Cup....along comes NLC to ask us to move to Ravenscraig to their big new shinny stadium with all the bells and whistles and public transport.......and share the ground with Airdrie and Rovers.... but you will be the major tenant...

:whistling::whistling::whistling: