Nicky Law

johnstone

Hopefully Humphrey and Law won't need to do much tracking back with Lasley and Jenno mopping up behind them!

Have to say though that Law lost the ball early on in the first half against Dumbarton around the halfway line and chased back and won back possession in the corner beside our byline.

Oh right I though from the match reports he was a left footer. Ach well as long as he look comfertable on the left.

Agree about Hateley he is a good right back, but I just don't feel he has shown enough in the middle of the park and I also feel Saunders is a much much better player. I honestly think he will be a regular in our national team pretty soon.

McCall at least has the option of three decent right backs at the club just now.

We are a wee bit light on the left with only really Hammell as a natural left back, but if we could get Gunning then we have the competition back for that place.

I think the first time I saw Saunders play was against Llanelli and I said something like "he'd never be a player".

He was absolutely rotten that night but I was wrong.

I'm not sure he really deserved his Scotland call up but from then on I think Saunders has really gone up a level of performance from a decent but inexperienced defender to someone that you have real hopes for now. It's a shame he had a sort of stop-start season in terms injury and so forth but with any luck he can get a season run at right back and complete the transformation from squad player to stick on, first on the team sheet kinda player. I've said before there are shades of Paul Quinn about the way Saunders has come into the team and learned the hard way, from his mistakes, but like Quinn he's become stronger from them and can go on and play at a higher level by his mid twenties.

Hateley's best position is right back but with Saunders looking like he's coming on to his game and the composition of our squad he's probably going to be a midfielder except in emergencies.

I think big Saunders will be more utilised as a centre half this year, replacing Craigan when injured or given a break. From what I've heard thats where Mccall see's his future.

I've got a lot of time for Saunders, think he could really mature into a quality defender. Plus his height and heading ability will give us an extra dimension from corners.

The thought of Saunders, Hutch and Big Higdon at Set Peices is pretty tasty. Few goals in there.

I've been hearing very very good and positive reports about the lad Devlin. Guy I work with was referring to him as the Dumbarton Cafu.

Think he could be used similar this year to the way Utd used the lad Douglas when he stepped up from Queens. Maybe playig in a few games and on the bench quite a lot.

I thought the same myself, Andy. I thought if whether he was in contention or not, he would have got a run out in the Dumbarton game, given he had just signed from them. That said I have heard similar rave reviews like Sieb.

As for Saunders, I'd much prefer him at centre back. His stature and style of play are more suited to centre back, I think we may see him and Hutchinson paired together a bit more often this season. It may be worth noting that the only time they have played together at centre back, we kept a clean sheet, beating Hearts 1-0.

• Like 1