Cillian Sheradin

Grievesie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've just brought in a striker on loan (something most agreed we had to do after Porter left) who is a promising youngster, has netted for the Republic's U19 and U21 sides, has scored for Celtic in the SPL and has featured in the Champions League against sides like Manchester United and folk are still greeting about it before he's even kicked a ball for us!? :lol:

It's hilarious how many folk on here think that players who aren't good enough to be starting every week for the Old Firm are therefore automatically not good enough to play for Motherwell!

He's scored 4 goals in 6 starts in the SPL this season but he's from Celtic and has an Irish name so, you know the usual nonsense from certain sections of the 'Well support.

Personally I don't give a rats bahookey where we sign players from if they do a turn for us then fantastic.

In case many people forget we are not nor shall ever be one of the countries Big/Wealthy clubs this is the level at which we operate loan signings from bigger clubs.

Celtics scouts/coaches etc. must have seen something in him or he wouldn't have been there, maybe we should be more concerned that none of our young players (Sheridanis after all only 19) are able to step up to first team level.

Rant over.

After simmering over this i'm actually quite happy. I reckon hes been brought in as cover and hes most probably going to be one of the best strikers on the bench for a team outwith the OF. We do love a moan on here dont we? Look at other SPL sides strikeforces, i'd say ours is easily one of the best.

After simmering over this i'm actually quite happy. I reckon hes been brought in as cover and hes most probably going to be one of the best strikers on the bench for a team outwith the OF. We do love a moan on here dont we? Look at other SPL sides strikeforces, i'd say ours is easily one of the best.

If John Sutton doesn't step up to the mark soon, I think Sherridan will be playing more than you make out.

He can't possibly be that bad, the guys played for the champions in both Europe and the league. Granted they had an injury crisis at the time, but you can't tell me Celtic back up players are worse than our back up players (which is essentially what John Sutton has been for the last 3 months)

I was chuffed when i seen this, every time i've seen him i wondered why all my celtic supporting mates moaned about him thought he was always decent against us and man utd.I like how some fannys reserve judgement on folk just because they are seen as "old firm rejects" or are irish...The other guy seems a good signing also :( I'm just happy we have made some moves in this window, folk just moan whether we sign people or not

No lose situation for us as far as I am concerned. The usual suspects have slaughtered Sheridan already, just like Jim O'Brien when he signed for us and had a bit of a slow start. Now the same guys are creaming themselves when he shows a bit of form. Hope the big boy shoves it down their throats. All the best to our new signings.

Time will tell, and maybe he's the best option we had in the circumstances, but I must say that I'm pretty much underwhelmed by his signing... from what I've seen of him (admittedly not much as watching either of the bigot bros invariably results in immediate nausea) he's looked like a wee lost boy unsure of what he should be doing.

We'll see, perhaps I'll be proved wrong and he'll be a fantastic signing - certainly hope so!

A tall striker and a winger signed. That spells goals for me. Good piece of business. Look forward to rest of season.

Agreed. Have had a laugh at Sheradin in his time at Shellic but as both lads will now be turning out in Well shirts lets give them a chance and get behind both of them.

A striker n a left winger, plus added physical presence. not bad! Still wonder what happened to these 50 targets MMG had listed,are these 2 part of that? just praying the defence dont get any injuries!!

at least this window shite is over, look forward to the rest of the season now and hopefully a wee chase for europe,or a nice cup run

Ha ha think i've been rumbled. Must admit that i don't agree with jim o'brien's decision to play for ROI but i'll always get behind all motherwell players and to be fair to jim he's looked impressive recently. Hopefully sheridan can do us a turn as well.

It's one thing having a wind up but there's a time and place for them and this ain't it. Your posts only encourage half brained idiots to think their twisted ideas are correct. :unsure:

Best of luck to both our new signings.

I think he's a cracking wee player from what I've seen of him. Don't know about other Celtic fans, but I was always happy with him when he played. Good work rate, decent touch and no bad on the ball. I hope the loan spell turns out well