Semih Aydilek

Motherwell Football Club

Thought O'Brien did okay myself. A threat going forward and did a solid shift when defending too, which is as important just now. Not sure I'd be throwing Semih in to the starting line-up just yet.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish we could get him up to speed and on the park a.s.a.p. We are SERIOUSLY needing a left sided attacking player as Jim O'Brian's like a fish out of water on the left flank. <_< .

100% agree. Dazza played well yesterday and earned his place BUT that meant shifting Jim O'Brien out of position to a position he's not suited to. Apart from the untested Aydilek the only other left sided player we have is Fitzy and he's more of a defensive central midfielder. Midfield was our big problem again yesterday.

On thinking things over again, and we're all wise in hindsight, couldn't we have played JO'B wide right and moved Dazza into central midfield to partner Maros Klimpl. The conditions didn't suit Stephen Hughes yesterday and as he's a bit lightweight, Dazza may have taken on the role of a box to box player to support our strikers and counter Accies' "Panzers". Worth a try?

100% agree. Dazza played well yesterday and earned his place BUT that meant shifting Jim O'Brien out of position to a position he's not suited to. Apart from the untested Aydilek the only other left sided player we have is Fitzy and he's more of a defensive central midfielder. Midfield was our big problem again yesterday.

On thinking things over again, and we're all wise in hindsight, couldn't we have played JO'B wide right and moved Dazza into central midfield to partner Maros Klimpl. The conditions didn't suit Stephen Hughes yesterday and as he's a bit lightweight, Dazza may have taken on the role of a box to box player to support our strikers and counter Accies' "Panzers". Worth a try?

Sorry but, You're saying that Hughes is lightweight where as Daz Smith isnt? <_<

Was lucky enough to have a wee chat with Semih on Saturday, in German of course :D

He really seems like a very nice guy.

His dad was over as well (I assume it was his dad) and another guy which I think was his agent.

Along with about 15 other Germans. Anyone see the Dortmund crowd? Seems they taken to us coming over for a game, what 15 years later!!

• 1 month later...

Had a quick chat with Semih (in German obviously ;-)) and Semih told me he injured himself in Training... again. Out for 6 weeks at least. He wants to go down as he cant get settled here anyway due to the unlucky spell he is going through.

He really seems to be a nice guy, but it didnt work out I guess, however I wish my fellow (Half-)Countryman all the best down in Birmingham!

Shame that he's injured, but in truth having seen him in the reserves there was no way he was ready for the SPL.