Semih Aydilek

Motherwell Football Club

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when we have players with unpronouncible names, makes us sound all exotic and continental.

Hope he turns out to be better than the over-hyped Abel Thermeus!

I have just read that Mark McGhee says he has not even seen him play and comes on the recommendation of Alex McLeish :lol: I hope he dosn't hold a grudge, right enough there is enough background on this guy to take a gamble, not like Souness when he was manager of Southampton with Ali Dia :huh:

Seems he suffered a bad one in August. And, again, is highly-rated....

FORGOTTEN man Semih Aydilek will be hoping to reboot his Blues career on Tuesday after being stopped in his tracks.

The striker earned admiring glances in the reserves last season, and then began to make a name for himself in the UEFA under-19 qualifying tournament.

Aydilek, who was born in Frankfurt to Turkish parents, suffered an injury blow and has only just returned to the fray.

"Semih played in the qualifiers for Germany, as did Krystian Pearce for England in the summer.

"His name in Germany, and in those qualifiers, was high profile because he had suddenly come onto the scene, did well, scored goals, and they got through.

"He then went on the training camp to prepare for the finals and in the last week he badly injured his ankle ligaments. It was a severe tear.

"So, from the end of the summer, right the way through pre-season, he has been nursing the injury."

Horst Hrubesch's side went on to lift the trophy in the Czech Republic in May, but Aydilek, a tall, left-sided player, had to concentrate on getting fit at Wast Hills.

"He played 45 minutes at Kettering in pre-season, 70 minutes at Bromsgrove and he's getting back to what we want," said Westley.

"He's ready for a game. You would expect him to play against Crewe on Tuesday for the reserves."

Westley's contacts tipped him off about Aydilek, who was persuaded to leave Eintract Frankfurt and join more than a year ago.

Thanks Flow, missed this on the news earlier.

I really hope we get right behind not just both these lads but every member of the squad and McGhee for the remainder of the season. Top six and a good run in the cup for me means the manager has done the business again and anything better is a bonus :blush:

I have tried to find out a couple of things about Semih, esp in Germany but there is hardly anything special to say apart from him being tall.

Only thing I saw is that Semih has been playing as an attacking midfielder, central mind you...

Reading through old Frankfurt Threads made me realise that many people thought he is (was) very talented and few were gutted to see him leave. Esp since Frankfurt needs young players coming through.

He played for the Turkish U17 but then opted to play for Germany (who wouldnt ;-))

By the way: I can pronounce his name :mellow:

You may not know too much about the lad but he had a really good interview with the Sunday papers yesterday so look out for several versions over different publications!

'Flow

Good to see some players come in even if they are on loan. Semih seems to have a good reputation and hopefully will do us a turn. Think Sheridan and clarky could be quite similar but again a good addition.

Not that i am having a go but could MM not have at least googled Semih first (look out for certain websites) that way he can come across as knowing what he is talking about and making the guy feel a bit more welcome. How hard (no its not a pun) is MM though minus seven in the BBC clip and he is only wearing a shirt?