Motherwell 2011

StipeIsGod

Randy. Obviously

Hately-Hutch-Saunders-Hammell -> Much as I love and respect Crags, he should be demoted to third place, for the development of Saunders, and the fact that I strongly believe Hately is better at RB than CM.

Humphrey-Lasley-Jennings-Law -> can't see much of an argument

Murphy

Higdon.

Subs- McHugh/Smith - Not good enough yet, need a decent season. Forbes - easy target. Needs a breakthrough or will never make it, Hollis - Looks the real deal. Pollock, Lawless/Page etc - Please. Do it.

Randy. Obviously

Hately-Hutch-Saunders-Hammell -> Much as I love and respect Crags, he should be demoted to third place, for the development of Saunders, and the fact that I strongly believe Hately is better at RB than CM.

Murphy

Higdon.

Subs- McHugh/Smith - Not good enough yet, need a decent season. Forbes - easy target. Needs a breakthrough or will never make it, Hollis - Looks the real deal. Pollock, Lawless/Page etc - Please. Do it.

Can't argue with that, could be doing with another forward or 2 but that looks decent enough.Tbh i'm quite surprised we've managed to keep Murphy, Randolph etc.Thought there would be a bit of rebuilding this summer.

Tbh i'm quite surprised we've managed to keep Murphy, Randolph etc.Thought there would be a bit of rebuilding this summer.

Long way to go before the transfer window comes to a close. I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

As stated, Forbes needs to make a breakthrough. I heard a recent newspaper article said McCall had a meeting with Forbes and his father to say he wasn't happy with his fitness and he was being given a last chance intensive programme. I don't want to open up the whole Forbes debate again but has anyone seen the article?

Playing Saunders and Hutchinson as our first choice central defensive partnership is crazy. You'll do much more to develop both players by playing them along side Craigan.

Randolph

Saunders - Hutchinson, Craigan - Hammell

Humphrey - Jennings, Lasley - Law

Murphy

Higdon

Demoted, not good enough, make or break. I'd love to see our very own Michael Stipel sent out in a bounce game with all these useless c***s. In fact I'd pay good money for it.

Depends on who would play, i can see him fitting in the right wing with Alan Gow in the middle and forbes with his wand of a left foot dominating that game

Money well spent!

The team pretty much picks itself, I can't argue with your selection

I just worry about injuries and suspension. The first team is OK, not a lot of room for change. I'd play Hately at right midfield in any games against some of our better opponents. Craigan can be rested the odd game.

Our squad is very bare though.

Randy. Obviously

Murphy

Higdon.

I would play Saunders at right back with Craigan and Hutch in the centre of defence ,keep posting mate .

• Like 1

I would go with the OP team and the one that started v Leeds yesterday. I am not sure whether it is a good thing that we 95% agree with the 1st 11. It means we either have a great team of 1st 11 players or our squad is wafer thin with not a great deal of quality back up. Probably a bit of both.

Interesting to note that Billy Dodds has us down to finish 4th in the Sunday Herald. A bit optimistic truth be told. Sure if we added a few more faces on loan then maybe. But 1 or 2 injuries to key players and we may well struggle.

We also need to hold onto Murphy. If he goes that will knock us down a couple of league placings.

Demoted, not good enough, make or break. I'd love to see our very own Michael Stipel sent out in a bounce game with all these useless c***s. In fact I'd pay good money for it.

Never said I was better. I'm fully aware that as much as I criticise them, they will always be much better footballers than I ever was/am/had the potential to be. Merely rating them against other players in the same team.

Can I also say, nice selective quoting, missing out the "yet" after "not good enough"? Really adds a bit of shine to a piss take comment which doesn't do anything except takes quotes out of context and adds a snide comment.

Should I class them all as world beaters, or be slightly more realistic about their chances with us, at this time?

• Like 1

I would start Hateley at RB purely for his set pieces alone otherwise it would be Saunders

Randy

Hateley Hutch Craggs Hammell

Humph Las Jennings Law

Higdon Murph

If we keep that lot together and fit we'll be battling for Europe no problem. Excited about this season :popcorn: