Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Buzzing for the game tomorrow! Got 3 Nancy fans coming over for their first visit to Fir Park so hopefully they get to see a comfortable 'Well win.

We finished last season on a high depsite not winning the cup and the atmospheres were improving. We have a small display planned for the teams coming out, nothing major but would be great if those interested could get down to the last section of the East Stand prior to kick-off to participate and get the noise levels up!

Speaking of opening day games the BBC have us as one of their "classic matches" from the opening day of the season from the SPL archives, a 2-2 all draw against Hibs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14243084.stm

Brings back memories...

Pat Nevin player/chief exec

Don Goodman and Lee McCulloch up front

Tony Thomas at the back :doh:

Alex Mcleish Hibs manager with his ginger hair a shade lighter and a lot thicker

Dirk Lehmann scoring twice for Hibs

Stevie Nicholas scoring a late equaliser (where's he now?)

Can't believe it was 12 years ago.

I'll be cheering from the US. would be great to pick up the win tomorrow. taking my son to see Man U play at Chicago for his birthday (despite my efforts, he's a Man U supporter). Hope that the weather is better for you all, it's blazing hot on this side of the pond.

what the hell is up with the BBC anyway? Why do they care if people in other regions view?Can't even look at the clip posted here. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Will there be any streams on line for us poor foreigners to see the game?

not tomorrow mate but the hearts game in a fortnight is on live so you can look forward to that.

steelmenonline will sort you out for highlights though :popcorn:

I'll be cheering from the US. would be great to pick up the win tomorrow. taking my son to see Man U play at Chicago for his birthday (despite my efforts, he's a Man U supporter). Hope that the weather is better for you all, it's blazing hot on this side of the pond.

Good chance of bad thunderstorms in the Chi tomorrow, mate

Good chance of bad thunderstorms in the Chi tomorrow, mate

I know, have been watching the forecasts. at least rain would cool it off for awhile. last game we went to at Chicago was a World Cup qualifier versus Honduras and that one was unseasonably cold (which isn't bad if you're dressed for it, we weren't). we'll have fun regardless, hope that you all have a great day at the field, too

Really fancy us today and can see us running out a reasonably comfortable winners today as we seem only have Forbes missing through suspension and ICT missing at least 4 of their squad. Only wish for today is for Higdon to stick one in the pokey to take a little of the pressure off. Can see the Murphy and Law combonation causing them major problems. ROLL ON 3 O'CLOCK

Ahh the wide eyed excitement and optimism of the opening day of the season. And its sunny too, as it should be on opening day!!

First of all pleased that we've got a Saturday 3pm game and its at home too. I've always found that opening day buzz is diluted a little if you have to wait to the Sunday to start or worse still if you are unlucky enough to git with that Monday night gig.

So what a good opportunity to be at home and have what should be a winnable game.

ICT will as ever be no mugs but we're going into this one with a good pre-season behind us and a team that on its day is packed with creativity.

Lets hope today is our day then!!

Mon the 'Well!!

what the hell is up with the BBC anyway? Why do they care if people in other regions view?Can't even look at the clip posted here. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Eh? maybe because you do not pay for the content, I'm sure others will be able to advise you on proxys to try and trick the site.

don't think there will be a stream, but always worth a look towards game time.

additional chances of coverage leaking with premier sports also chasing some extra scottish games this season ( although I doubt they or anyone else is covering todays game for anything other than highlights)

as for todays game

Sun is out :thumbup: and the optimism is increasing :O 'Well 3 ICT 0

with Nicky Law scoring either side of Murph :woop:

( got Law at 18's for first and same for last goalscorer B-) )

A nice sunny morning, no hangover to speak of, and the season starts at Fir Park in a 3pm kick off!

Does it get any better than that? :D

Nope. But what would us Dossers be if we're no allowed some early-season pessimism, would we rather have a cracking day in the sun with a turgid 0-0 or 0-1, or horizontal rain for 90 mins with a 3-0 scoreline?

Either way....UP THE DOSSERS....let's be tap ae the league by 4.45....