Inverurie Match Thread

Andy H

Anyone think this sounds a bit like Forfar a few years ago? Could end up being a replay at Fir Park on saturday. . .

Not just yet, but I never expected this game to be easy despite predictions of such from some posters. The time to crow about a rout is after the final whistle. We are in control but really need to convert our chances.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've missed a few chances and could be 3 up according to the radio but only taken the one. Pity that Stephen Hughes isn't playing. Keith Lasley adds something defensively but we'll miss Hughes for his attacking play and pace. We're giving Locos too much leeway in midfield for my liking. Perhaps they'll tire themselves out?

Yep, I agree, we've missed Hughes attacking play and pace all season :unsure:

That argument doesn't hold water for me. We had umpteen chances against Falkirk with Porter in the side and only drew 1-1. A week later against Hibs we had umpteen chances without Porter and only drew 1-1.

Winning 1-0 at half time is embarrassing? Away ye go!

aye but who from Porter,Clarky,Sutton + Murphy would you say was more liable to finish a chance?

I was just saying its worrying we need to make umpteen chances to actually score a goal, our football is good/great at times and thats superb,but we need to finish a far higher percentage of our chances

and the team who finished 3rd in spl last season and whos in form just now winning 1-0 at half time v a highland league team? aye thats embarrassing, a wins a win but really we should be pumping a team like this.( again i know its down to our finishing!)

Well done big fella - £2.50 aint bad for a nights work! :lol:

:unsure:

A bit off topic but they were talking about all the transfers bets today on SSN, and they mentioned someone had bet 5p that Kev Keegan would be the next Portsmouh manager. Whats the point?

It would be nice to win by more (especially for the hardy souls that have made the journey north) but 1-0 without injury would do me at full time!

The weather conditions, pitch and background circumstances make it a get a win and fuck off cup tie for me!

Seen enough fuckups in my time to know when to accept a win above everything else. :unsure: