Inverurie Match Thread

Andy H

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck in the next round guys and sorry about the weather messing it up for all of us.

I'm happy that we didnt embarrass ourselves. For sure the pitch was a leveller, and you had more pace and skill than us, but for a bunch of part-timers I have to be happy that we didnt fold after going down after 90 seconds against your first choice team. (apart from Hughes obviously - presumably he was rested?)

Oh well, the excitement was good while it lasted. Clachnacuddin on Saturday. :D

[quote name='Andy J' date='Feb 3 2009, 10:04 AM' post='28726')

I'm happy that we didnt embarrass ourselves. For sure the pitch was a leveller, and you had more pace and skill than us, but for a bunch of part-timers I have to be happy that we didnt fold after going down after 90 seconds against your first choice team. (apart from Hughes obviously - presumably he was rested?)

I think that is a perfectly fair comment Andy. Locos tried to play fitba on a surface and with overhead conditions that were in no way conducive to decent fitba. It took us a while to put you guys to bed, and after that it could've been any score, but I think 3-0 was fair enough.

Was impressed by Locos and heartened by the hospitality and friendliness shown in the town, best of luck to Locos for the rest of the season, and don't be a stranger on these boards Andy!

Did somebody let off a flare behind the goals last night?

Loved that guy that was shouting loco's loco's number 1 to their keeper last night, then was shouting 2-0, and about 10 others went "it's 3-0 ya fanny" :D

Felt sorry for the poor linesman as well, he got it in the neck all second half without even putting a foot wrong :D

Stevie Hammell having banter wi the fans when he was taking a corner was pretty cool too. Show's the difference in standard when he could have a wee laugh for half a minute or whatever, then 2 secs later when well have lost the ball, he's totally switched back on to get the ball back.

Really enjoyed that last night. Can only echo what has been said. Nice wee toon, Buthchers Arms was ideal for a couple of Jars pre-match too! Nice wee Stadium and McGhee was right when he said it wasa 'nice lovely' atmosphere :thumbup: . It was tho, and it was weird being the 'Big' team with Locos fans taking pictures of our players!! Great wee win it was too!

Ideal Monday night entertainment (altho my feet are still thawing out - FROZEN!!!)

:P

Fantastic night :thumbup: One of the coldest games i've been to FREEZING. Got the job done last night. Credit to the Loco's thought they tried to play football on a pitch that was no where near appropriate to to pass a ball on. All the best for the rest of the season! Banter behind the goals was second to none.

Fantastic day/night out!! Well done to the Locos - there's only one Tommy Wilson!!

Great banter on the bus. Getting lost in Marks and Spencers. Walking into the guys toilets. Falling on my arse several times trying to climb a wall. Getting lost en route to the stadium. Ending up in the Inverurie end and having to find my way back to the Well fans. Everyone piling out and pretending to push the bus (what was that about?!) Probably loads more stuff I can't even remember. Meeting more new 'Well fans.

A classic Cup day out. :thumbup:

Well done to everyone who made the journey up north. I go to a lot of away games but Inverurie on a monday night? :( . Just like to say glad we won glad no player got injured in bad conditions and glad all Well fans got home safetly. :( .

Finally got round to posting up (Sportscene's very brief) highlights of the goals from last week for anyone that wasn't at the game. Managed only to get goals 2 and 3, unfortunately.

Clears up the little doubt in the St Mirren MotM thread, as to who assisted the 3rd goal, O'Brien laying it to Craigan who put it on a plate for Sutton (despite Richard Gordon claiming it as Quinn with the ball in).

• 2 weeks later...