Motherwell Kit Archive

underboyleheating

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which past kit if any would you like to see re-introduced as a future match worn kit?

• Kit A : Classic 1950?s rugby hooped sleeve shirt
    • Kit B : Classic 1960?s crewneck hooped shirt
    • Kit C : Classic 1970?s claret sash shirt
    • Kit D : Past kits should remain just that, in the past

It's already been designed and most likely it'll almost be through the manufacturing line

My thoughts , someone not too far away knows exactly what its like

Nae point in generating a wish list when its already a done deal, we'll see it very soon

Traditional option for me please.

I'm not so particular that I would demand a claret "hoop" rather than just a claret "band" but personally as long as we have either of those on our home strip I'm generally happy and you can mess about with claret/white/amber shorts and have whatever kind of collar you see fit.

And if we get that then I'm fairly relaxed about what they do with the second and third kits.

I can understand why the club might want to do something different once in a while for commercial reasons if nothing else.

I remember as far back as Alan Dick's time as secretary he offered the theory that a hoopless/bandless/radical kit once in a while would stimulate sales as it would be sufficiently different from the traditional to tempt folk to buy it. And when that kit itself was replaced by the traditional kit again because it was similarly sufficiently different from the last so more bought it.

How true that is I don't know but it kind of makes sense albeit my personal preference would still be to go down the traditional route every time.

My favourite strip (as a well fan born in 1991), has been (outwith this year's third strip), the strip with the white collar from around 3 years ago. Utterly gutted I grew/flabbed out of it, and would instantly buy a new one.

If you mean this one, I liked that as well. whistling.gif

s6ouhl.jpg